I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Re: Trophies & OCD

Jan 22, 2014

I get it a bit, but I try not to let me bother me (but sometimes it does).

You just have to focus on the games you HAVE got plat/100% on that you also enjoyed. If you're not enjoying the game, and the trophies would require too much time to get, then try to put it out of your mind. It's not easy, especially if you have a couple really bad games on your list with very low %, but just try to think to yourself that most other people prob didn't like that game either.

Now, I do get really bugged if a game has, say, 80% or more. Even if it's a game I don't care for I"ll take the time to finish it off.

I love JRPGs, but hate anime... Is that legal?
Message 11 of 41 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Jan 22, 2014

I don't go trophy hunting for a game after I have beaten it. I usually move on to another game and then come back to the one I just beat to get the platinum.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: Akirasolid Entertainment

Message 12 of 41 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
499 posts

Jan 22, 2014

wow op im the same but i got to a point i dont care i only get as far as i want  to and i tell my osd to shuve it. lol Also dont get the last of us lol....

Message 13 of 41 (158 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

Jan 22, 2014

I have trophy ocd big time...I stopped thinking about it so much because really the only time it matters is those seasons when tons of games come out at once but then you have nothing to play during other periods of time so I realized I should just take my time with games and go for it if i want to get every single thing completed. If a new game comes out I can try it then come back to it later on..

RISE_UP44
NalyoGaming.com - YouTube.com/Nalyo44
Message 14 of 41 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Jan 22, 2014

It really depends on the game and how many trophies I earned just playing the game. I wasn't even really trying for them on AC4, but I'm sitting around 85% and the only trophy that's going to be really trying is getting to Level 55. So I'm kinda tempted to go after it...

Message 15 of 41 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11776 posts

Jan 22, 2014

I'm fine if there's a game with a low percentage on my trophy list. There are actually several games at 0% on my list. It's not like I haven't been trying, but that (in most cases) the games end up being of poor value or that they don't seem to be all that playable from at least some kind of gameplay perspective that you can see yourself returning to this product.

One example comes from the recently released Don't Starve. I know people out there have voiced their preference for playing this sort of game, but I just don't see the value. Where do you go? What do you do? How do you survive? It's all a big mystery. The darkness sets in too soon and the objective to build a fire, find some food, pick up everything you can, find some kind of shelter, or simply jumping into those holes that appear in the ground is all up to the player to figure out without any direction or explanation. I could go and look up a guide of some sort to find out some more about the mechanics of this game, but I'm not going to. I'd rather figure things out for myself. The problem is that the game really doesn't give you any idea... so, I figure it's not a game that's worth spending any extra time on.

There will surely be many more miserable games down the path to play, but the best you can do is try to keep your chin up for when there's something really great out there to digest, whether it's for trophies or more importantly for the gameplay, graphics, sounds, and story that suck you right in. What you should probably do is first worry about the game being enjoyable, then worry about whether the trophies for the game seem to be doable for 100%. There are some amazing games out there, but not all of them have the most accessible 100-percentiles around. Just enjoy the game for what it's worth and pick off every trophy you think you can get. Otherwise if the trophies are going to bug you the entire time, just don't look at them until the game is done and over with. You're likely to miss out on potential trophies by ignoring them, but at least this would give you a chance to spend more time with the game actually hunting for the higher completion ratio if that's a goal you want to set for yourself. If not, try not to worry.

Message 16 of 41 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Jan 22, 2014

It kind of irritates me that I have several games in my trophy list that I do not own and there's 0% trophies for them. There should be a way do delete these.

Message 17 of 41 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Jan 22, 2014

Spider_Snipez wrote:

It kind of irritates me that I have several games in my trophy list that I do not own and there's 0% trophies for them. There should be a way do delete these.

This. I have around 10 games with 0% I'd really like to be able to clear out. Hell, I'd be fine with giving up a few trophies if I could clear out anything at 5% or lower.

Message 18 of 41 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Jan 22, 2014

OP, I kinda worry about you.

OCD trophy hunting is one thing, but when you're going so far as to make a new GT/PSN, then you're definitely taking it too far. You may want to seek cognitive therapy if you can't even enjoy gaming anymore.

Trophy hunting isn't for everybody. If you don't find it fun, then you need to stop.

Message 19 of 41 (136 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1083 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2014

In my opinion,if you are of the competitive type of players, before playing the game, maybe without getting much spoiled, you can check on the internet how many trophies the game you want has, in order to realize if it will be cool to play without having to worry about how difficult can be to finish it.
Apart from that, the important thing is to have fun, and buy the games that you feel attracted too or those that your friends play and maybe having multiplayer matches can make the online trophies more fun to achieve. 

Message 20 of 41 (224 Views)
0 Likes