Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 21 2014
By: shadoefax Fender Bender 3265 posts

Trine 2 Completion...?

[ Edited ]
9 replies 135 views Edited Jun 22, 2014

So I beat the final boss a short while ago and thought I'd see some closing credits and get credit for finishing the game, but..?  When does this game end..?  I'm playing the Complete Version and thought I was done, but evidently I'm not.  How many more chapters until I'm finished?  Anyone know?  

Mod Edit: Added "Ask the Community" label. -- XiomaraRose

Message 1 of 10 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3522 posts

Re: Trine 2 Completion...?

Jun 22, 2014

I'm pretty sure you have to open all of the treasure chests in order to unlock the last level.

Message 2 of 10 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3265 posts

Jun 22, 2014

userusb wrote:

I'm pretty sure you have to open all of the treasure chests in order to unlock the last level.

If that's the case I may as well quit or start over.  I know I've missed a lot of them smh..  At least I made it to the final boss before going to the completion part, so that's at least something I got done.  

Message 3 of 10 (104 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11172 posts

Jun 22, 2014

Been going through Trine 2: Complete Story on the PlayStation 4 myself as of late. I've only gotten through a few of the chapters so far, but have also been playing the game on Hard/Hardcore mode whilst going for as many collectibles as there are to get. I've been doing this without using a guide of any sort, but have found the two secret chests in each level thus far. The game can be tough doing it this way, especially when in co-op mode. Where in single-player if one character dies you still have two chances left. In co-op... if the character you're using dies then you have to wait for the other player(s) to reach the next checkpoint in order to respawn. If all players on the screen perish, of course you're all sent back to to the very beginning of the stage. All enemies will respawn, just as all other hurdles will need to be overcome another time until everyone or at least at least someone gets it done right. :smileywink:

Message 4 of 10 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3265 posts

Jun 22, 2014

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Been going through Trine 2: Complete Story on the PlayStation 4 myself as of late. I've only gotten through a few of the chapters so far, but have also been playing the game on Hard/Hardcore mode whilst going for as many collectibles as there are to get. I've been doing this without using a guide of any sort, but have found the two secret chests in each level thus far. The game can be tough doing it this way, especially when in co-op mode. Where in single-player if one character dies you still have two chances left. In co-op... if the character you're using dies then you have to wait for the other player(s) to reach the next checkpoint in order to respawn. If all players on the screen perish, of course you're all sent back to to the very beginning of the stage. All enemies will respawn, just as all other hurdles will need to be overcome another time until everyone or at least at least someone gets it done right. :smileywink:

I like the game but some of the puzzles are a real pain to get through, and I"m on single player option (meaning me) playing it.  

Message 5 of 10 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Jun 22, 2014

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Self levitation can be used to bypass majority of the levels. Going to try this on hardcore. lol. PLus this will make looking for Orbs in high places easy to find. 

Message 6 of 10 (58 Views)
Fender Bender
3265 posts

Jun 22, 2014

Inf7cted wrote:

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Self levitation can be used to bypass majority of the levels. Going to try this on hardcore. lol. PLus this will make looking for Orbs in high places easy to find. 

I've never tried that.  Hmmmm..  good idea! 

Message 7 of 10 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Jun 22, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

GrayGargoyle wrote:

I like the game but some of the puzzles are a real pain to get through, and I"m on single player option (meaning me) playing it.  

I have all upgrades and for each puzzle they can be beaten in seconds. Use Bows low gravity strike and than place a box inside it. Jump up and done. 

Message 8 of 10 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Jun 22, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

Inf7cted wrote:

GrayGargoyle wrote:

It only works if you lay down two planks on top of each other. 

Message 9 of 10 (53 Views)
Fender Bender
3265 posts

Jun 22, 2014

Inf7cted wrote:

shadoefax wrote:

Inf7cted wrote:

GrayGargoyle wrote:

It only works if you lay down two planks on top of each other. 

I'll try it.  

Message 10 of 10 (43 Views)
0 Likes