Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Re: Trial and Cloud?

Jan 20, 2013

"Because there is no other explanation. Just because you don't like the answer or don't want to hear it doesn't change the fact."

It is what is what it is for no good reason. If you don't like it don't buy it. It's their business and they are allowed to not be convenient or generous by giving a small amount of space for free.

As a consumer I have the right to ask these quesitons.

"You don't have to format an external drive to backup your PS3, as long as that drive is formatted in FAT32 you should be good to go. When you back up a PS3 drive, it is actually compressed and placed in a folder on the external drive and can coexist with your other files."

It is not formatted to that so I would have to erase to format.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 17 (105 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27612 posts

Jan 20, 2013

CurtisC87 wrote:

"Because there is no other explanation. Just because you don't like the answer or don't want to hear it doesn't change the fact."

It is what is what it is for no good reason. If you don't like it don't buy it. It's their business and they are allowed to not be convenient or generous by giving a small amount of space for free.

You're either not listening or refusing to isten, it has nothing to do with 'convenience' or generosity', it's something Sony chooses to offer to subscribers to a premium service, you think they should offer some space for free, I / we don't, they don't, end of.

As a consumer I have the right to ask these quesitons.

"You don't have to format an external drive to backup your PS3, as long as that drive is formatted in FAT32 you should be good to go. When you back up a PS3 drive, it is actually compressed and placed in a folder on the external drive and can coexist with your other files."

It is not formatted to that so I would have to erase to format.

I'm done with this converstation because it's going no where fast & you're refusing to accept what has been stated.

Good day to you.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 17 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

"it has nothing to do with 'convenience' or generosity."

Thank you. That is all I needed you to say. You keep giving the same business responses of this is what they choose to do because they can even though it is not fair. It has nothing to do with being fair though. It is business and this is how they want it. I accept that.

I understand and accept paying for a gig but do not agree with not giving out a small amount of space and there are more people that will agree with me over this when they transfer saves for replacing drives. You have no answer fot that so this conversation is over.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 17 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Jan 21, 2013
Of course people would agree, they'd be getting a feature that isn't available on any console but the PS3 for no cost. You'd also like some free full games wouldn't you? Maybe a couple of PSN titles, that's not asking for much is it?

Subscribe or deal without it.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 17 (83 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 21, 2013
My only other suggestion is to go to eBay and look to see if you can buy a 1-month trial for PS+. You can probably buy a one month trial for $10...
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 17 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Who would not want full free games? I am not asking for that much or even a gig of space. just 50-100 megs which is 10% of what is offered for paying. I would even pay for that if it was not 18 bucks.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 17 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Jan 21, 2013
Plus started out with 150mb and you're asking for 2/3rds of that? Do the math, imagine a fraction of PS3 owners, say 10 million users getting 100mb, that's almost 1 Petabyte of space for users that aren't paying anything for the premium service, that comes out of Sony's pocket.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 17 (69 Views)
0 Likes