Jan 20 2013
By: CurtisC87 Lombax Warrior 161 posts

Trial and Cloud?

[ Edited ]
16 replies 183 views Edited Jan 20, 2013

Can I use cloud for the trial period? I plan on switching drives and activated it from GOW purchase. I do not see why I shoud even have to purchase PS Plus to do so when I don't plan on using much space. You have 1 Gig for Ps Plus but you can at least give some free space to those without. I do not even need 100 megs of space so I do not feel like paying 18 dollars to do this. I would use usb chips but that is not allowed for certain games. I have an external drive but I do not want to erase to format it.

Google Cloud gives you free space and it's not even a gaming network.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (183 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28022 posts

Re: Trial and Cloud?

Jan 20, 2013

CurtisC87 wrote:

Can I use cloud for the trial period? I plan on switching drives and activated it from GOW purchase. I do not see why I shoud even have to purchase PS Plus to do so when I don't plan on using much space. You have 1 Gig for Ps Plus but you can at least give some free space to those without. I do not even need 100 megs of space so I do not feel like paying 18 dollars to do this. I would use usb chips but that is not allowed for certain games. I have an external drive but I do not want to erase to format it.

Just because Google gives out free cloud storage has nothing to do with this, If you want to make use of the cloud as a save option you have to be a subscriber to PS Plus, end of story.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Why does it not? More people are using Google and putting up more space than this. Why should I pay to get a gig when I only need a small amount? Should I buy just because they say so? That's not conveniant or friendly. What if I didn't want PS plus for anything else?

The trial does allow cloud so that is good.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Jan 20, 2013

If I did not have the trial I would not have been able to get my saves which don't use much space and not worth 18 dollars. I would of used my USB but I cannot do that because of "trophy sharing" and piracy which is understandable.I also have an external but do not feel like erasing date to reformat for the ps3's needs.

I need some explanation other than "that's the way it is and if you don't like it no one is forcing you to buy it."

All I am asking for is 50-100 megs for free.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (164 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28022 posts

Jan 20, 2013

CurtisC87 wrote:

If I did not have the trial I would not have been able to get my saves which don't use much space and not worth 18 dollars. I would of used my USB but I cannot do that because of "trophy sharing" and piracy which is understandable.I also have an external but do not feel like erasing date to reformat for the ps3's needs.

I need some explanation other than "that's the way it is and if you don't like it no one is forcing you to buy it."

Either find another way to back-up your data or subscribe to PS Plus, cloud storage is part of a paid subscription, you're not getting any of it for free, end of.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2787 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

CurtisC87 wrote:

Either find another way to back-up your data or subscribe to PS Plus, cloud storage is part of a paid subscription, you're not getting any of it for free, end of.

Either way even if it is just 1GB of space, it has saved me. A month after I got my PlayStation Plus subscription, my PS3 decides to get the RLOD. If I didn't have cloud saves, I would have been out of luck with game progress.

I'm already at 800MB/1024MB! Well, mostly because of Fallout and Skyrim.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Jan 20, 2013

You basically just answered my question with an explanation that I asked you not to give, but ok.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (137 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Jan 20, 2013

CurtisC87 wrote:

You basically just answered my question with an explanation that I asked you not to give, but ok.

Because there is no other explanation. Just because you don't like the answer or don't want to hear it doesn't change the fact.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (133 Views)
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 20, 2013

CurtisC87 wrote:

You don't have to format an external drive to backup your PS3, as long as that drive is formatted in FAT32 you should be good to go. When you back up a PS3 drive, it is actually compressed and placed in a folder on the external drive and can coexist with your other files.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Jan 20, 2013
"Because there is no other explanation. Just because you don't like the answer or don't want to hear it doesn't change the fact." It is what is what it is for no good reason. If you don't like it don't buy it. It's their business and they are free to not be convenient or generous by giving a small amount of space for free. "You don't have to format an external drive to backup your PS3, as long as that drive is formatted in FAT32 you should be good to go. When you back up a PS3 drive, it is actually compressed and placed in a folder on the external drive and can coexist with your other files." It is not formatted to that so I would have to erase to format.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (113 Views)
0 Likes