Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 16 2012
By: AlacrityFitz Sackboy 561 posts

Treasures of Montezuma Notes

2 replies 16 views Edited Apr 16, 2012

A free to play App style game for the PS Vita and the center of some confusion.

Much like bejewled the game works on the the simple model of a grid of randomly placed colored stones. The object is to line up at least three of the same color, vertically or horizontally by swapping two stones immediatly adjacent to each other. When lined up they explode and dispear to be replaced by new stones. Players are scored on how many runs they complete, and how big each run is. 4 or 5 piece runs score higher than a simple 3 and so forth.

An added aspect of this is that some of the stones have gems on them. Players earn gems by lining up and exploding stones with those gems. The total gems earned is based on the number exploded in a single game. As the player gets more gems a multiplyer is added. 4 gems exploded earns 4 gems, while 5 -9 gems earns a 2x multiplier (ie 5 gems = 10 earned).

These gems can be used to by playmode upgrades that will randomly drop special stones. An example is the lightening stone that when popped or at the end of the level, pops all the stones above it. Also they can be used to purchase Totems. These are special event mods, for example the red totem will blow up a patch of stones after the player connects two reds sets back to back.

Games are limited to the number of lives a player has. Starting with five the player can play through the games and then either allow the game to cycle (a life in regenerated about evry 5 minutes) or puchasing a full life refill. Playing a game with no mods costs no gems. If the player wants to us the Specials or the totems, each has a per round cost to use depending on which type and what level it is at. (most start at 100 gems per round). The player can choose to buy gems as well to use more specials in rounds or pay for upgrades to specials and totems.

Other special achievments called ziggurats (so far I have gotten reds and greens) are earned based on total points in a level. I have not found the actualy numbers, but I think it is 75000 for the lesser and 100000 for the great ziggurat. I did not notice a bonuis of gems or lives when I earned mine, but it may have happened to fast.

Players also earn XP each round, that slowly (and I mean SLOWLY) raises the player level, unlocking free upgrades of the specials. There is no tracked other than a vague bar to show level progress.

Finally, each week in the game is broken up into tournaments where players can earn medals. Not sure whether your opponents are limited to you friends list or is a global contest.

This si just a basic summary that I hope makes the game make more sence and more fun. If you have more info to add feel free and if I have made some grave error letme know and I will amend the main post if I can

Alacrity

AlacrityFitz Trophy Card
Message 1 of 3 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
431 posts

Apr 17, 2012

dont have time to read all that. just tell me how i can play for longer than a minute at a time.

thanks

Message 2 of 3 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
561 posts

Apr 17, 2012

The orange totem gives you more time on the clock when you conect two orange runs back to back

The central effort, where the real points are, is releasing as many gems as possible. For each five released, you get a bump in multiplier, a higher bonus and extra gems. The frenzy timer is good offering bonuses, but at the end of each level the gems bonuses are what put you over the top.

AlacrityFitz Trophy Card
Message 3 of 3 (16 Views)
0 Likes