Apr 01 2013
By: NUbugeaters95 First Son 12 posts

Transfer data

4 replies 58 views Edited Apr 1, 2013

As a plus member, is it really necessary to do a transfer data from an old system to a  new system ?  All the game data is stored in the cloud on line right?  Just curious because I recently bought a new ps3 (a week ago), it took about 5 hours to transfer the data.  last night my dog knocked it on the floor and now it doesn't even turn on.  so I will be getting another one.  I just wanted to skip this process if I didn't have to do it and just go to the cloud to get all my saved game data.  Will this work?

Message 1 of 5 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Re: Transfer data

Apr 1, 2013

The only data that would be under your cloud for Plus will be your saved game data. That is if you uploaded any or selected the auto upload. Everything else like pictures, videos, and such will need to be manually switched over to your PS3 via USB thumb drive or doing the Data Transfer Utility option between the two PS3s.

Just remember if you want to re-use those saved game files again, you need to use Plus cloud or Data Transfer Utility between the two. If you do anything else, the files will be copy-protected and they will be useless on another console.

YB

Message 2 of 5 (56 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Apr 1, 2013

The machine doesn't turn on.  The only thing I do with my ps3 is play games and everything is auto-saved to the cloud.  No videos, no music, no photos.  So, if I log in to the network, I will be able to get my games that I have previously purchased and re-download them to the new ps3, and start playing again once I copy game data from the cloud.

Message 3 of 5 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Apr 1, 2013

Yes, and yes. You're going to need to re-download all of your purchased games from the download list.

To restore Save Game Data from Online Storage:

• Go to ‘GAME’ icon, select ‘SAVE DATA UTILITY’ and then ‘ONLINE STORAGE’
  • Highlight the saved data you wish to copy.
  • Press triangle and select ‘COPY’ to retrieve the save.

YB

Message 4 of 5 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
12 posts

Apr 1, 2013

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES

Message 5 of 5 (44 Views)
0 Likes