Highlighted
Feb 13 2012
By: gf_samoan Monster Hunter 33 posts
Accepted Solution

Transfer My PSP UMD games to PSVita

8 replies 12537 views Edited Feb 13, 2012

Is there a way to transfer the games I already own for PSP that are on UMDs to my PS vita so I won't have to repurchase them?

Thanks,

Greg

Message 2 of 9 (12,537 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Re: Transfer My PSP UMD games to PSVita

Feb 13, 2012

gf_samoan wrote:

Is there a way to transfer the games I already own for PSP that are on UMDs to my PSP vita so I won't have to repurchase them?

Thanks,

Greg

there is no such thing as a psp vita. there is a ps vita though. (ps vita stands for Playstation Vita.)  also no there is no way to transfer your psp games that are on UMD's to your ps vita. unless you hack your system but hey if you want to risk your system being blocked be my guest.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 1 of 9 (12,537 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Feb 13, 2012

I meant PS Vita sorry for the confusion. If that is true, does anyone know if there any plans to allow such a thing?

Message 3 of 9 (12,537 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13525 posts

Feb 13, 2012

Nope.

They had something in Japan like that, but you still had to pay (and it was only for UMD games that also had a digital counterpart on the PS Store already).

So games like Crisis Core and KH:BBS are impossible to play on Vita.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 9 (12,537 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1941 posts

Jul 1, 2012

so more or less you should sell/trade-in your psp and games if/when you want to get a Vita? I have a 1000 series PS3 and like 10 games,  right now Gamestop has a trade in value of the PSP1000 series for 20 bucks.  I was hoping there was a way to transfer them to the PS3 and then to the vita so I wouldnt lose those games.....I reallly dont want to buy them again.  and HAcking is not an option.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
Message 5 of 9 (12,536 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1701 posts

Jul 1, 2012
I wish there was away
Message 6 of 9 (12,533 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jul 3, 2012
would be nice if they'd develop either their own or a third party umd drive that could connect to either the usb port on the bottom or the mysterious port next to the game slot on top. That way it'd be able to play the "certified" and "legit" umd games without sony having to listen to all those griping about the games that lack digital counterparts and would lessen worries about people hacking their systems in order to play them anyway.
Werewolfhero's anime, manga, reviews, recommendations, blogs and lists at Anime-Planet
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Message 7 of 9 (12,458 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Apr 10, 2013

yes, or have certain retail stores with said UMD readers to extract the game into a vita memory card....
the could do that even for the PSone games........

for a small fee of course, which would be less han half of the PS store price........
this would lessen a lot piracy, specially if the ask for internet connection on the first play or at the time of converting the UMD

Message 8 of 9 (11,542 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Apr 10, 2013

VictorManX wrote:

yes, or have certain retail stores with said UMD readers to extract the game into a vita memory card....
the could do that even for the PSone games........

for a small fee of course, which would be less han half of the PS store price........
this would lessen a lot piracy, specially if the ask for internet connection on the first play or at the time of converting the UMD

So what would stop an employee at a store from doing this for all his/her friends using a game someone turned in?

Only way I could see something like this would be if each UMD has it's own serial number that's readable using this reader. So basically, you might as well trade it for a one time useable code that is usable over PSN. If the retail store doesn't ship the UMD to Sony then they lose the privilege of giving out codes and they and the employee get fined for each instance. They'd have to require a employee number when the employee gets the code.

Probably why it's not being done.

Message 9 of 9 (11,530 Views)
0 Likes