Highlighted
Jun 30 2012
By: Brawl96 PlayStation MVP 92 posts

Trading in a pet for a Playstation 3...

2 replies 45 views Edited Jun 30, 2012

So a couple years ago I was finally going to be a man, in jewish culture of course. It was nearing my 13th birthday and my parents wanted to know what I wanted to get. Since the day I kissed my uncles dog on the lips at the age of three, I always wanted a dog of mine. Unfortunately, my mom and brother are allergic to dog hair(to this day I think they're making this up). So I asked for a cat as a house pet instead of a dog. That got shot down. Then a rabbit, a gofer, and finally, a Guinea pig. So me and my father went down to PetSmart and bought two Guinea pigs. We ordered huge bags of food, the stuff they pee on (I forgot what it's called), a cage, and basically everything else you think two Guinea pigs would need. After two weeks, the length of the return policy at PetSmart, I became fed up with these rodents. They were impossible to clean, hold, feed, and have a good time with. So we returned the pets back to PetSmart, and sold all the left over equipment to my friend's sister.

This left me with about $300 in "bar mitzvah present credit" from my parents. They wanted to know what I wanted because they felt bad that I got nothing for turning 13 when all my brothers got grand presents when they were my age. The time was nearing black friday with heavy rumors on a PS3 bundle for $300. I waited until amazon.com updated their page on the eve of black friday and bought a Playstation 3, inFamous, and Killzone 2.

At the time of purchasing a PS3 I was an avid gamer, albeit a Nintendo one. I had a subscription to Nintendo Power as long as I can remember, I own every Nintendo handheld and console(even from before I was born due to my older brothers); essentially I pledged my gamer allegiance to the great Miyamoto. But upon purchasing that PS3 on black friday, and receiving it December 1st, I have switched over to the Playstation nation. There's still a nostalgic place in my heart for Nintendo, but I think the fact that my PS3, PSP, and even Ps Vita(purchased at midnight launch of course) game collection double my nintendo game collection, shows how much I absolutely love Playstation...way more than a living, breathing, rodent...I mean house pet.

Message 1 of 3 (45 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6827 posts

Re: Trading in a pet for a Playstation 3...

Jul 2, 2012
Im not gonna lie, that was a weird story.
Message 2 of 3 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Re: Trading in a pet for a Playstation 3...

Jul 15, 2012

get eyepet dude. that'll help

Message 3 of 3 (17 Views)
0 Likes