Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Sep 20 2012
By: ZANIACK Hekseville Citizen 361 posts
Offline

Top 10+ best single player campaigns of this gen

13 replies 3610 views Edited Sep 20, 2012

What are your personal favorites?(Rank if you would like to)

A culmination of story, use of characters, artistic and technical merits, replayability, longevitey,  and presentation are important aspects that usually equate to a quality single player game, but really it's about total satisfaction of the experience.

 

10. Uncharted Drake's Fortune

9. Super Mario Galaxy

8. Bioshock

7. Grand Theft Auto 4

6. Infamous 2

5. LA Noire

4. Red Dead Redemption

3. Uncharted 2

2. Batman Arkham Asylum

1. Uncharted 3

 

Also mention the worst or most overrated/disappointing game of this gen.

Batman Arkham City

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Message 1 of 14 (3,610 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 07/19/2008
Offline
729 posts
 

Re: Top 10+ best single player campaigns of this gen

Sep 20, 2012

Different strokes for different folks. I loved Batman-AC, probably my favorite game of this generation. Others I enjoyed include God of War 3, both Transformers, MGS4, UC 1-3, Dead Space and Killzone.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 14 (3,595 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 08/23/2011
Offline
32 posts
 

Re: Top 10+ best single player campaigns of this gen

Sep 21, 2012

the whole infamous series 

Message 3 of 14 (3,588 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 01/08/2012
Offline
361 posts
 

Re: Top 10+ best single player campaigns of this gen

Sep 22, 2012

FrescanteBozak wrote:

Different strokes for different folks. I loved Batman-AC, probably my favorite game of this generation. Others I enjoyed include God of War 3, both Transformers, MGS4, UC 1-3, Dead Space and Killzone.


Vulgar taste

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Message 4 of 14 (3,562 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 04/29/2006
Offline
896 posts
 

Re: Top 10+ best single player campaigns of this gen

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

@ frescantebozak

Love the sig. I can not WAIT for that movie.......assuming the world doesn't end that day. Dec 21st, right?

 

Anyway, for best single player games on PS3, I've got

#1 Heavy Rain..........though I HAVE to tie it with MGS4. Yeah, it's a cheat......get over it, lol I just CAN'T decide which I loved more

#2 Dragon Age Origins

#3 Uncharted 2/3

#4 Heavenly Sword

#5 God of War 3

#6 The Walking Dead (TellTale Games)

#7 Killzone 2/3

#8 Ghostbuster The Video Game (yeah yeah, I know....It's my list, and for any Ghostbusters fan, the game is absolutely AMAZING with the whole original cast and writers)

#9 Star Wars The Force Unleashed (the first one, the 2nd wasn't as good)

#10 RAGE (I had a hard time picking this or Skyrim for the final slot. RAGE bringing me back to the feeling I got playing the original DOOM games, and all the technical issues Skyrim had until the latest patch makes my choice RAGE)

 

I would have liked to put OBLIVION on the list too, but I thought Skyrim was going to be #10 until I actually looked at my library deciding.

PSN ID: Darth-Krayt

Eye of Judgment, Monster Hunter, Killzone 2, Sared 2 Fallen Angel, WipOut HD Fury, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Super Street Fighter 4, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Mortal Kombat, Unreal Tounament 3, MGS4, Oblivion, Ghostbusters, Dragon Age Origins, MAG, Heavy Rain, GoW3, Dragon Age 2, Rage, Skyrim, DOOM3:BFG, Gran Turismo 5
Message 5 of 14 (3,555 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 02/02/2007
Offline
845 posts
 

Re: Top 10+ best single player campaigns of this gen

Sep 22, 2012

Mmmm. This may be one of the hardest lists I'll make, but I'll name what I've played that has rocked my socks.

 

10. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

9.Sly Cooper HD

8.Skyrim

7.Flower

6.Uncharted

5.Uncharted 2

4.Journey

3.Half Life 2+Episodes I and II (The Orange Box)

2.Heavenly Sword

1.Valkyria Chronicles

My Playstation Collection consists of:
152 PS3 games - 564 PS2 games - 72 PS1 games - 202 PSP games - 11 PS Vita games

Over 1,100 games total :smileyhappy:
Message 6 of 14 (3,543 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 02/02/2007
Offline
845 posts
 

Re: Top 10+ best single player campaigns of this gen

Sep 22, 2012

ZANIACK wrote:

What are your personal favorites?(Rank if you would like to)

A culmination of story, use of characters, artistic and technical merits, replayability, longevitey,  and presentation are important aspects that usually equate to a quality single player game, but really it's about total satisfaction of the experience.

 

10. Uncharted Drake's Fortune

9. Super Mario Galaxy

8. Bioshock

7. Grand Theft Auto 4

6. Infamous 2

5. LA Noire

4. Red Dead Redemption

3. Uncharted 2

2. Batman Arkham Asylum

1. Uncharted 3

 

Also mention the worst or most overrated/disappointing game of this gen.

Batman Arkham City


May I ask why you thought the game was good? I played a while into it, but it never kept me hooked. I guess I just felt like it wasn't that good of a Mario game. Now New Super Mario Bros. Is a whole new topic.

 

My Playstation Collection consists of:
152 PS3 games - 564 PS2 games - 72 PS1 games - 202 PSP games - 11 PS Vita games

Over 1,100 games total :smileyhappy:
Message 7 of 14 (3,541 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 04/26/2007
Online
11177 posts
 

Re: Top 10+ best single player campaigns of this gen

Sep 22, 2012

The favorites of this generation, technically speaking in multiplatform terms, would include the following:

 

10. Plants vs. Zombies

9. Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

8. God of War III

7. Super Paper Mario

6. Eternal Sonata

5. Flower

4. Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time

3. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

2. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

1. Gears of War


Message 8 of 14 (3,530 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 04/21/2007
Online
7036 posts
 

Re: Top 10+ best single player campaigns of this gen

Sep 22, 2012

10. Heavenly Sword

9. Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction

8. Resistance Fall of Man

7. Heavy Rain

6. Resistance 3

5. Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time

4. Uncharted 2 Among Thieves

3. Folklore

2. Metal Gear Solid 4 

1. God of War 3

Message 9 of 14 (3,519 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/19/2008
Offline
729 posts
 

Re: Top 10+ best single player campaigns of this gen

Sep 22, 2012

ZANIACK wrote:

FrescanteBozak wrote:

Different strokes for different folks. I loved Batman-AC, probably my favorite game of this generation. Others I enjoyed include God of War 3, both Transformers, MGS4, UC 1-3, Dead Space and Killzone.


Vulgar taste


Sadly, I have been called Vulgar by many people in my lifetime, but my taste has never been questioned....You, my dear friend, have shot the first salvo :smileytongue:

 

Photobucket
Message 10 of 14 (3,517 Views)
Reply
0 Likes