Treasure Hunter
4797 posts

Re: Tomb Raider PS3 vs PS4 comparision.

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2014

murphdawg1 wrote:

Artfuldead wrote:
I'm upset with the 30fps

http://www.igameresponsibly.com/2014/01/17/tomb-raider-definitive-edition-framerate-confirmed/

But I'm still gonna get it

Probably has to do alot with TressFx.

I was reading on another site and I think it was N4G and one of the users made a really keen observation and thought the Tressfx was useless. Lara spends most of time running and getting mud and dirt on her body but her hair looks like it just got out  of an hair salon. There is no reason why her hair should look like that.

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 31 of 76 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2014

That tells me both systems are not capable of 60fps for a game like this at native 1080p. Not a good start for "next gen" for a previous gen title.

Message 32 of 76 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2014

FattiesGoneWild wrote:

That tells me both systems are not capable of 60fps for a game like this at native 1080p. Not a good start for "next gen" for a previous gen title.

Give them time. It's early into the development cycle for developers. They aren't going to get everything out of the consoles for a few years yet.

Plus in Tomb Raider's case it's also being developed for XBOX One. It's a much more heavy task to develop for more than one system which holds developers back getting the best out of either platform for an even longer time.

I certainly wasn't expecting 60FPS immediately from any game.

Message 33 of 76 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

Jan 19, 2014

Smiley MadI am going to pick it up. I really liked it on PS3...and Tomb raider was my second favourite game from last year next to The Last of Us.

But, I kind of hate supporting this type of activity...if it sells well we could see a flood of games getting up scaled for PS4, and I really want developers to concentrate on fresh games.

This game was just so good, I will make a hypocrite out of myself. LOL

Message 34 of 76 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
663 posts

Jan 19, 2014

JohnKarnes wrote:

Im all about saving money on games. It is also easy to see the work and effort put into the ps4 version. I love to wait until this hit $49 but seriously don't know if I can. Im also old school so pre-ordering or day one with out seeing hands on reviews is a big NO-NO.I am feeling weak on this title and may get it within the first couple of weeks. That  video was a great selling point to me.

<script charset="UTF-8" type="application/javascript" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js"></script>

I am all about saving money too but games are slim picking right now on PS4, and I am not playing my PS4 as much as I want to because I don't have enough games. I am forsure picking it up. There are at least 30+ games that I want for PS4 this year. I plan on getting the ones I really want at day one and I plan on waiting for a price drop for the rest.

Message 35 of 76 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Jan 19, 2014

I'm definitely picking this game up. I really enjoyed it on the 360 so it will be nice to play it again. I'm NOT a fan of the crappy price but hey there's not too many games to choose from at the moment. 

Message 36 of 76 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3069 posts

Jan 19, 2014

FreshRevenge wrote:

murphdawg1 wrote:

Artfuldead wrote:
I'm upset with the 30fps

http://www.igameresponsibly.com/2014/01/17/tomb-raider-definitive-edition-framerate-confirmed/

But I'm still gonna get it

Probably has to do alot with TressFx.

I was reading on another site and I think it was N4G and one of the users made a really keen observation and thought the Tressfx was useless. Lara spends most of time running and getting mud and dirt on her body but her hair looks like it just got out  of an hair salon. There is no reason why her hair should look like that.

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

Well obviously it's still a video game and those don't fully mimmick real life. I think it's pretty cool that technology has come this far to create hair physics for video game characters. Obviously there's probably still flaws with it.  Too bad there won't be an option to turn it off, I would love to see if the performance increases with TressFx not enabled.

Message 37 of 76 (154 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
628 posts

Jan 24, 2014

So, supposedly the street date's been lifted off Tomb Raider Definitive Edition at Gamestop, meaning you can go purchase it now at the store if they've received their shipment. Has anyone else here hear about this? 

I'm gonna try and snag a copy tomorrow if they'll let me buy one now

Message 38 of 76 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1784 posts

Jan 24, 2014
I only paid a total of $12.09 for the upgrade so I'm not complaining, also if the text I got was true guess I'll be picking mine up tomorrow afternoon.
Message 39 of 76 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4037 posts

Jan 24, 2014
I got a call to pick up on Friday the 24 afternoon from Gamestop.

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
It's a better idea to buy games for your PS4
Than to buy a New Console for your PS4
Message 40 of 76 (122 Views)
0 Likes