Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 25 2012
By: bamahollis88 Lombax Warrior 190 posts

To mochuu, now with a new question

[ Edited ]
19 replies 458 views Edited Oct 31, 2012

+ Morgan Haro on October 29th, 2012 at 4:30 pm said:  

"I (and we) actually care quite a lot about customer satisfaction. I realize this update isn’t buttering everyone’s toast, but I’m very confident in our direction starting this November, and I think you guys will love it too."

Hi Mochuu,

I was hoping you could give more information on what you mean by that. What kind of new direction are you guys planning on making for the future?

Message 1 of 20 (458 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30416 posts

Re: To mochuu

Oct 25, 2012

bamahollis88 wrote:
Earlier you said "Well, there's the extra discounts you can take on the Halloween Sale in the Store. but yes, there won't be a horror game in time for Haloween, but perhaps shortly thereafter? ...".
I know you won't tell us what that game will be, but can you tell us if that game is some where in the Halloween sell? I want to make sure I don't buy a game then get screwed in a week or two.

Buying a game only for it to be discounted in the future, be that the next day, next week or next month is a chance you, I & everyone else takes each time we decide to purchase, is it annoying yes, but it's one of those things we all have to deal with, I've been 'stung" before myself.

If you want to try to get some kind of answer then you'll be better off sending a private PM to mochuuu, but they may not be abe to tell you too much.

Message 2 of 20 (449 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 25, 2012

bamahollis88 wrote:
Earlier you said "Well, there's the extra discounts you can take on the Halloween Sale in the Store. but yes, there won't be a horror game in time for Haloween, but perhaps shortly thereafter? ...".
I know you won't tell us what that game will be, but can you tell us if that game is some where in the Halloween sell? I want to make sure I don't buy a game then get screwed in a week or two.

Whatever game that is that might be given for free, I don't believe is part of the Halloween sale. Just prior to when PS+ was relaunched, Sony had a sale on Infamous 2 just before it was part of the IGC. After the negitive feedback from that, I don't think it will happen again.

I believe that RE5 may still be coming to PS+ soon, other than the quote you posted, Morgan also posted "Don't lose hope!" when someone expressed dissapointment that RE5 wasn't offered this week...

Message 3 of 20 (446 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1482 posts

Playstation Staff
Oct 25, 2012

None of the games in the Halloween sale will be free in Plus anytime soon. So buy with confidence if you see a game there that appeals to you. 

To further clarify, it doesn't mean that any of those games will never come to Plus free, but they're not on the roadmap for the next few months that I've seen. 

- morgan haro, SCEA Sr. Project Manager - PlayStation.com
@morganharo

Message 4 of 20 (410 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Nice, thanks!

Message 5 of 20 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Oct 26, 2012
It's good to get a reply from people in the know sometimes. Thanks.
Message 6 of 20 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5070 posts

Oct 27, 2012

mochuuu wrote:

None of the games in the Halloween sale will be free in Plus anytime soon. So buy with confidence if you see a game there that appeals to you. 

To further clarify, it doesn't mean that any of those games will never come to Plus free, but they're not on the roadmap for the next few months that I've seen. 

what is on the roadmap?? why does EU tell people way in advance-- when we get 1 day notice? IE they already know about crysis 2 (one of the worst games of last year IMHO-- dont know why people are mad we arent getting it/ but im off topic) we will not find anything out about november till were in november-- then only 1 day before the store updates

Message 7 of 20 (314 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 27, 2012

jpbslayer wrote:

mochuuu wrote:

what is on the roadmap?? why does EU tell people way in advance-- when we get 1 day notice? IE they already know about crysis 2 (one of the worst games of last year IMHO-- dont know why people are mad we arent getting it/ but im off topic) we will not find anything out about november till were in november-- then only 1 day before the store updates

This is what Morgan has said about this:

"A few months back, I asked people if they prefer content updates weekly, or monthly at a time, and the overwhelming response was weekly; so we’re making a move to that format. Helps us out too by being able to be more accurate with content updates. There were a few occasions when stuff we mentioned that was coming to Plus got delayed, or didn’t make the cut. So weekly posts minimize that from occuring."

Message 8 of 20 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Re: To mochuu, now with a new question

Oct 31, 2012

New Question

"I (and we) actually care quite a lot about customer satisfaction. I realize this update isn’t buttering everyone’s toast, but I’m very confident in our direction starting this November, and I think you guys will love it too."

Hi Mochuu,

I was hoping you could give more information on what you mean by that. What kind of new direction are you guys planning on making for the future?

Message 9 of 20 (255 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1482 posts

Re: To mochuu, now with a new question

Playstation Staff
Oct 31, 2012

bamahollis88 wrote:

New Question

Hi Mochuu,

It's not neccessarily a new direction or anything. Just a better emphasis on providing new content that some have been asking for. But it's not a dramatic shift or anything, just a slight tweak to better enable us to do a game every week. Though said game may be a PS Vita game when Plus on PS Vita goes live. So you'll just have to wait and see (i know people love that response =) ) 

- morgan haro, SCEA Sr. Project Manager - PlayStation.com
@morganharo

Message 10 of 20 (243 Views)