Jan 02 2014
By: Mr_Ryker First Son 6 posts

To many children online

26 replies 504 views Edited Jan 2, 2014

As a consumer it would be nice to be able to play online Gta for example with people of my demographics/age is this something that we can do and I am just missing  the format options? 

Message 1 of 27 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Re: To many children online

[ Edited ]
Jan 2, 2014

Mr_Ryker wrote:

As a consumer it would be nice to be able to play online Gta for example with people of my demographics/age is this something that we can do and I am just missing  the format options? 

Welcome to the forums.

There has never been an option like that in any game (that I am aware of). It's just something that doesn't exist for very good reason... people can lie about their age.  It would provide a direct avenue for people with less than positive intent to be able to directly have a means to talk to children (you see where I'm going with this?).

You can always post a thread on forums such as this one in the game area you are looking for friends in:  http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Grand-Theft-Auto-Series/bd-p/22253

I play GTA often and I too am always looking for more mature people to play with. I'm 31, married, kid on the way, and I too don't have the time to deal with certain types of players. My gaming time is precious and I prefer not to waste it... if you know what I mean Smiley Wink You can add me to your list if you like (just add a message saying where from or chances are I'll delete it). Good luck!

Message 2 of 27 (484 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12266 posts

Jan 2, 2014
I wish something like this was an option. I can take two steps in a Call of Duty online match, get hit out of nowhere (some camper sniper), and hear "I f'in owned you noob!" from a 10 year old kid. I really don't have the time to play the game all that much, it's not like I get a month off for a winter vacation and another 3 months off for a summer vacation. I'm a 29-year-old grad student who enjoys casually playing games. It would be nice to find people who are my age and who don't play games 20 hours a day because they're off from school.
Message 3 of 27 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 2, 2014

kornchild2002 wrote:
I wish something like this was an option. I can take two steps in a Call of Duty online match, get hit out of nowhere (some camper sniper), and hear "I f'in owned you noob!" from a 10 year old kid. I really don't have the time to play the game all that much, it's not like I get a month off for a winter vacation and another 3 months off for a summer vacation. I'm a 29-year-old grad student who enjoys casually playing games. It would be nice to find people who are my age and who don't play games 20 hours a day because they're off from school.

as said above adding age restrictions would be useless. People just lie about there age. Yu may need to find a few friends you know well and play with them. This will h elp  a bit. also the COD community is known for this and even worse things. I go by the name blakc0panther and was called the nasty little n word from every one in the COD comunity back in the day. They see me and even be on my team and its all I would hear.

Message 4 of 27 (458 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Jan 2, 2014

Mute the people that annoy you, that is all you can really do.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 5 of 27 (451 Views)
Splicer
40 posts

Jan 2, 2014
Unfortunately the only thing that can be done is for parents to do their **bleep** job as parents.And while there are those that do.There are those that just don't.And as long as there is lazy parents there will be kids playing games online that are meant for mature audiences.Your best bet is only play private games with friends.
Stupid people are like weeds,even if you pull them out more just spring up.
Message 6 of 27 (446 Views)
Last Guardian
12266 posts

Jan 2, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

as said above adding age restrictions would be useless. People just lie about there age. Yu may need to find a few friends you know well and play with them. This will h elp  a bit. also the COD community is known for this and even worse things. I go by the name blakc0panther and was called the nasty little n word from every one in the COD comunity back in the day. They see me and even be on my team and its all I would hear.

Oh, I'm fully aware that online age checks are not valid as anyone can plug in a false number.  I just wish there was an actual safeguard to prevent this.  I'm not slamming all young gamers, many are fine.  It's just those that like to show off, brag, and who are experts and think themselves better than everyone else simply because they can play a video game.  They forget to realize all the things they take for granted and instead focus on one little aspect.  Beating me at a video game does not make you better than me and vice versa.  Additionally, my Mother has no relevance when it comes to me playing a mindless video game.

Message 7 of 27 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9869 posts

Jan 2, 2014
I was playing Assassin's Creed 4 online in the Wolf Pack and some kid like 12 years old was getting excited when we finished the sequence mode and it shows us killing the enemy. He got excited and you could tell he was under the age limit. I wish such option existed but I bet people would lie about their age making it unless. Just have to deal with under age gamers online while playing.
Message 8 of 27 (425 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jan 2, 2014

Hey you could add me if you like, I also go through the same with younger player's not watching there P&Q's. adult here and would like to play with adults.

Message 9 of 27 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
511 posts

Jan 2, 2014

Are you sure you aren't a child? You don't even know when to use to/too/two.

47Reviews.BlogSpot.com

Reviews from me -- an honest reviewer who isn't paid off.
Message 10 of 27 (399 Views)