Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/07/2007
Offline
4606 posts
 

Re: Tired of waiting for Cross Game Chat (1065 days and counting!)

Oct 21, 2010

 


aquastorm wrote:

Anyone have any idea as to why all of the gaming blogs afraid to cover this issue?  Are they afraid that if they call attention to the lack of this vey important feature Sony will penalize them by not supplying reivew copies of games/products etc?

 

 


Because it's a non-issue.

 

Message 20 of 31 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/12/2009
Offline
236 posts
 

Re: Tired of waiting for Cross Game Chat (1065 days and counting!)

Oct 21, 2010

For those people who say they "personally" don't want to see this coming in the future, can I ask WHY and HOW is this going to affect you in ANY way? Teamwork in games you say? Pshh, like anyone uses a mic on PSN. Whether you like it or not, it's a ghost town compared to the other box. Just ask any MAG player what's one of the most frustrating things about that game and they'll tell you, lack of mics. I don't watch Bluray movies, EVER, does that mean I don't want Sony to give the PS3 features that improve bluray movies? Or Home for that matter? No, because I just don't use it and don't mind other people finding good use out of it.

Simply put, if you don't like it, just stay out of it and let those of who DO want the feature, complain about this to Sony. Go off and do something else instead of hijacking this thread.

Message 21 of 31 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/17/2005
Offline
1189 posts
 

Re: Tired of waiting for Cross Game Chat (1065 days and counting!)

Oct 22, 2010

 


Acantochelys wrote:

For those people who say they "personally" don't want to see this coming in the future, can I ask WHY and HOW is this going to affect you in ANY way? Teamwork in games you say? Pshh, like anyone uses a mic on PSN. Whether you like it or not, it's a ghost town compared to the other box. Just ask any MAG player what's one of the most frustrating things about that game and they'll tell you, lack of mics. I don't watch Bluray movies, EVER, does that mean I don't want Sony to give the PS3 features that improve bluray movies? Or Home for that matter? No, because I just don't use it and don't mind other people finding good use out of it.

Simply put, if you don't like it, just stay out of it and let those of who DO want the feature, complain about this to Sony. Go off and do something else instead of hijacking this thread.


 

You're absolutely right.. It makes no logical sense for a person to dislike having a feature such as Cross Game Chat added to the PS3.  I suspect that these "people" posting about how they don't want the feature have an agenda.  Anyone that says party chat or XGC isn't a needed feature on PSN is obviously either brain dead, mute or friendless.  

 

 

Message 22 of 31 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/07/2007
Offline
4606 posts
 

Re: Tired of waiting for Cross Game Chat (1065 days and counting!)

Oct 22, 2010

 


aquastorm wrote:

 


Acantochelys wrote:

For those people who say they "personally" don't want to see this coming in the future, can I ask WHY and HOW is this going to affect you in ANY way? Teamwork in games you say? Pshh, like anyone uses a mic on PSN. Whether you like it or not, it's a ghost town compared to the other box. Just ask any MAG player what's one of the most frustrating things about that game and they'll tell you, lack of mics. I don't watch Bluray movies, EVER, does that mean I don't want Sony to give the PS3 features that improve bluray movies? Or Home for that matter? No, because I just don't use it and don't mind other people finding good use out of it.

Simply put, if you don't like it, just stay out of it and let those of who DO want the feature, complain about this to Sony. Go off and do something else instead of hijacking this thread.


 

You're absolutely right.. It makes no logical sense for a person to dislike having a feature such as Cross Game Chat added to the PS3.  I suspect that these "people" posting about how they don't want the feature have an agenda.  Anyone that says party chat or XGC isn't a needed feature on PSN is obviously either brain dead, mute or friendless.  

 

 


 

It does affect me.  I guess I'm just used to playing with people that actually use their mic for what it's intended.  Communicating with your teammates.  I don't play MAG so I can't comment on that, but when SOCOM 4 comes out next year I want my teammates to be focused on the task at hand.  I didn't think it was such a hard concept to grasp.

 

Also, I'm allowed to share my point of view even if you disagree.  I am not hijacking this thread.  You guys are tired of waiting for cross game chat?  I'm tired of all the whining about it.

Message 23 of 31 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/19/2009
Offline
21 posts
 

Re: Tired of waiting for Cross Game Chat (1065 days and counting!)

Oct 23, 2010

Is someone forcing you to click on all of these XGC threads? I doubt it.  Also, if the PSN had it, it would encourage more teamwork, because usually if you're into teamwork.. you have your team on your friends list... and they'd be in your private chat... and it would encourage mic purchase / use....and you wouldn't have to listen to the DA with a baby screaming / rap music blasting / obscenity screaming.  But if you think that when XGC appears on the PSN, everyone is suddenly going to get up and throw their mic in the trash, maybe lay off the recreational hockey league, you've been checked into the boards one too many times.  Also socom 4 is going to be arcade trash unfortunately. Try arma2 if you want a teamwork game.

Message 24 of 31 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/07/2007
Offline
4606 posts
 

Re: Tired of waiting for Cross Game Chat (1065 days and counting!)

Oct 23, 2010

 


aspiretoshred wrote:

Is someone forcing you to click on all of these XGC threads? I doubt it.  Also, if the PSN had it, it would encourage more teamwork, because usually if you're into teamwork.. you have your team on your friends list... and they'd be in your private chat... and it would encourage mic purchase / use....and you wouldn't have to listen to the DA with a baby screaming / rap music blasting / obscenity screaming.  But if you think that when XGC appears on the PSN, everyone is suddenly going to get up and throw their mic in the trash, maybe lay off the recreational hockey league, you've been checked into the boards one too many times.  Also socom 4 is going to be arcade trash unfortunately. Try arma2 if you want a teamwork game.


That's your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.   I wouldn't have to listen to the DA with a baby screaming / rap music blasting / obscenity screaming if they would stop putting open mics into games.  That's got nothing to do with XGC.

 

Message 25 of 31 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/17/2005
Offline
1189 posts
 

Re: Tired of waiting for Cross Game Chat (1065 days and counting!)

Oct 23, 2010

 


MudMonkey13 wrote:

 


aspiretoshred wrote:

Is someone forcing you to click on all of these XGC threads? I doubt it.  Also, if the PSN had it, it would encourage more teamwork, because usually if you're into teamwork.. you have your team on your friends list... and they'd be in your private chat... and it would encourage mic purchase / use....and you wouldn't have to listen to the DA with a baby screaming / rap music blasting / obscenity screaming.  But if you think that when XGC appears on the PSN, everyone is suddenly going to get up and throw their mic in the trash, maybe lay off the recreational hockey league, you've been checked into the boards one too many times.  Also socom 4 is going to be arcade trash unfortunately. Try arma2 if you want a teamwork game.


That's your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.   I wouldn't have to listen to the DA with a baby screaming / rap music blasting / obscenity screaming if they would stop putting open mics into games.  That's got nothing to do with XGC.

 


 

Actually while we're on the subject of screaming babies and background noise you should direct that criticism where it's due.  The crappy sound quality and horrible background noise is due to Sonys poor judgement once again in deciding to go with Bluetooth mics for the system.  

 

But really seriously..  Why do you come into a thread discussing cross game chat if you have no interest in it?  I don't go into any threads about the lamo useless video editing feature or photo viewer (if there are even any) because quite simply I couldn't care less about those "features".  

 

I suspect you have an agenda in here which is to lead the general public to believe that the lack of Cross Game Chat on the PS3 isn't as huge of a deal as it is.  

 

 

Message 26 of 31 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/07/2007
Offline
4606 posts
 

Re: Tired of waiting for Cross Game Chat (1065 days and counting!)

Oct 23, 2010

aquastorm wrote:

 


MudMonkey13 wrote:

 


aspiretoshred wrote:

Is someone forcing you to click on all of these XGC threads? I doubt it.  Also, if the PSN had it, it would encourage more teamwork, because usually if you're into teamwork.. you have your team on your friends list... and they'd be in your private chat... and it would encourage mic purchase / use....and you wouldn't have to listen to the DA with a baby screaming / rap music blasting / obscenity screaming.  But if you think that when XGC appears on the PSN, everyone is suddenly going to get up and throw their mic in the trash, maybe lay off the recreational hockey league, you've been checked into the boards one too many times.  Also socom 4 is going to be arcade trash unfortunately. Try arma2 if you want a teamwork game.


That's your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.   I wouldn't have to listen to the DA with a baby screaming / rap music blasting / obscenity screaming if they would stop putting open mics into games.  That's got nothing to do with XGC.

 


 

Actually while we're on the subject of screaming babies and background noise you should direct that criticism where it's due.  The crappy sound quality and horrible background noise is due to Sonys poor judgement once again in deciding to go with Bluetooth mics for the system.  

 

But really seriously..  Why do you come into a thread discussing cross game chat if you have no interest in it?  I don't go into any threads about the lamo useless video editing feature or photo viewer (if there are even any) because quite simply I couldn't care less about those "features".  

 

I suspect you have an agenda in here which is to lead the general public to believe that the lack of Cross Game Chat on the PS3 isn't as huge of a deal as it is.  

 

 


 

 

If you want to call it an agenda, then go right ahead.  It's not a big deal and I hope it never comes.  That's my opinion.  That's why I came into this thread.  I do care about it. 

Message 27 of 31 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/17/2005
Offline
1189 posts
 

Re: Tired of waiting for Cross Game Chat (1065 days and counting!)

Oct 27, 2010

Ran across this story on Destructoid a few days back that sort of pertains to the possibility of Cross Game Chat so I thought I would link it here.  I find it amusing though that Sony basically says hmmmm.. that's an idea I guess, never thought of that.. I mean seriously.. Just how hard are they really working on getting us Cross Game Chat? 

 

They give the impression that they're not that concerned with it.

 

 

Message 28 of 31 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/16/2008
Offline
4080 posts
 

Re: Tired of waiting for Cross Game Chat (1080 days and counting!)

Oct 27, 2010

I hope we get this cuz I would like to really be able to interact with my friends on PSN alot more

Dopeboy_8732 Trophy Card

Message 29 of 31 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes