Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Re: Tired of waiting for Cross Game Chat (1066 days and counting!)

Oct 13, 2010

Just go waste your money on a 360 if you want that stupid feature. I would much rather Sony spend time and resources on more useful things.

Message 10 of 31 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1189 posts

Re: Tired of waiting for Cross Game Chat (1066 days and counting!)

Oct 13, 2010

mark369 wrote:

Just go waste your money on a 360 if you want that stupid feature. I would much rather Sony spend time and resources on more useful things.

More useful things like what?  Perhaps one like the stupid waste of time video editing feature they gave us not to long ago?  HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE USED THAT ON A REGULAR BASIS OR EVEN ONCE FOR THAT MATTER?  

My question for those of you that supposedly don't want Cross Game Chat is.. If you aren't interested in the feature then what posessed you to come into this thread and read it if you have no interest in it?

Message 11 of 31 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4606 posts

Re: Tired of waiting for Cross Game Chat (1065 days and counting!)

Oct 13, 2010

DyingInformant wrote:

Agreed.  Personally I hope that it never comes. 

While I agree for the most part, just because you don't want to use something doesn't mean the OPTION shouldn't exist. There may be some circumstances where you really appreciate such a feature.  Such as a long distance relationship - someone you want to talk to nearly 24/7 even when playing different games. Or a friend inviting you to ANOTHER game without you having to pause, go to friends list, triangle, read message, reply O.O Isn't that interrupting you alot more?  Or for example while playing a single player game like Fallout 3. And while I enjoy it, its a rather lonely experience, and I find I enjoy it alot more while I have a text chat open with someone (mic would be the same thing).

Some might use the feature regularly, and others may rarely touch it. But none the less, with a motto of "It only does EVERYTHING", well, you should work hard to live up to it. No?

But I'll tell you what I want more than cross game chat. I want the text chat feature to be "inside" the games, so I don't have to press PS button to use it.  It should pop up the last line that's said on the bottom of your screen, and you can type on the bottom right there in the game window.  Why? Because sometimes people are sleeping in the house, or your mic dies, or you have a sore throat. Mics aren't going to be used always online just because its convenient. But take Saints Row 2 for example, whenever you press PS button to chat, you pause the game, and the other person's screen is paused too. This makes for a very disruptive experience.

So yes, I'd like cross game chat, tho I'll rarely use it, it would be nice to have. I would rather the text chat feature be more refined.

I think it will distract my teammates and kill the teamwork in multiplayer games, so they'd have to disable it for those games for me to be on board.

Message 12 of 31 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1189 posts

Oct 14, 2010

MudMonkey13 wrote:

DyingInformant wrote:

While I agree for the most part, just because you don't want to use something doesn't mean the OPTION shouldn't exist. There may be some circumstances where you really appreciate such a feature.  Such as a long distance relationship - someone you want to talk to nearly 24/7 even when playing different games. Or a friend inviting you to ANOTHER game without you having to pause, go to friends list, triangle, read message, reply O.O Isn't that interrupting you alot more?  Or for example while playing a single player game like Fallout 3. And while I enjoy it, its a rather lonely experience, and I find I enjoy it alot more while I have a text chat open with someone (mic would be the same thing).

Some might use the feature regularly, and others may rarely touch it. But none the less, with a motto of "It only does EVERYTHING", well, you should work hard to live up to it. No?

But I'll tell you what I want more than cross game chat. I want the text chat feature to be "inside" the games, so I don't have to press PS button to use it.  It should pop up the last line that's said on the bottom of your screen, and you can type on the bottom right there in the game window.  Why? Because sometimes people are sleeping in the house, or your mic dies, or you have a sore throat. Mics aren't going to be used always online just because its convenient. But take Saints Row 2 for example, whenever you press PS button to chat, you pause the game, and the other person's screen is paused too. This makes for a very disruptive experience.

So yes, I'd like cross game chat, tho I'll rarely use it, it would be nice to have. I would rather the text chat feature be more refined.

I think it will distract my teammates and kill the teamwork in multiplayer games, so they'd have to disable it for those games for me to be on board.

I'm not going to argue with anyone on the validity of this feature it is a given and should be on PSN.  This will be a standard feature on all consoles from here on out I guarantee you.  I will point you here so that you may see it is the number one most requested feature for PSN.  

What "teamwork" are you talking about killing on the PSN?  Hardly anyone even uses mics on the PSN as it stands now because of the lack of cross game and party chat.  Many people don't even own a mic for their PS3 because there isn't much of a need or draw for them at this point.. 

Message 13 of 31 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Re: Tired of waiting for Cross Game Chat (1068 days and counting!)

Oct 14, 2010

It's a shame as it will be an instant attraction. 

Message 14 of 31 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4606 posts

Oct 15, 2010

aquastorm wrote:

MudMonkey13 wrote:

DyingInformant wrote:

I'm not going to argue with anyone on the validity of this feature it is a given and should be on PSN.  This will be a standard feature on all consoles from here on out I guarantee you.  I will point you here so that you may see it is the number one most requested feature for PSN.  

What "teamwork" are you talking about killing on the PSN?  Hardly anyone even uses mics on the PSN as it stands now because of the lack of cross game and party chat.  Many people don't even own a mic for their PS3 because there isn't much of a need or draw for them at this point.. 

I'm aware that it's the number one most requested feature for PSN.  I'm just sharing my opinion on it.  If you are playing on a team and you have a mic, you should be using your your mic for communicating with your team.  I'm also aware that a lot of players don't do that, but that still doesn't sell me on cross game chat.  Like I wrote already, I wouldn't have a problem with it if it's disabled while playing multiplayer games.

Message 15 of 31 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Oct 15, 2010

it was supposed to be part of the playstation  plus  but still nothing even for those who paid for it

Message 16 of 31 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1189 posts

Oct 15, 2010

mack7one wrote:

it was supposed to be part of the playstation  plus  but still nothing even for those who paid for it

I have a feeling that it might not be possible on the PS3 due to its lack of system ram, that would explain why Sony has been so quiet on this issue for such a long period of time.  

Message 17 of 31 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1189 posts

Oct 21, 2010

Anyone have any idea as to why all of the gaming blogs afraid to cover this issue?  Are they afraid that if they call attention to the lack of this vey important feature Sony will penalize them by not supplying reivew copies of games/products etc?

Message 18 of 31 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Oct 21, 2010

I agree, it should be there, Sony is a long ways behind the online space, no excuse as they saw what MS did with the first box, What is taking so long. One of many reasons the PS3 launch was bad, people saw what the other box had and it made PSn look like a joke.

The guy who said no one uses mic on PS3? Can't agree with that, I do a lot of online gaming and many people are using mics.

Message 19 of 31 (3 Views)
0 Likes