Dec 02 2010
By: aquastorm I Only Post Everything 1189 posts

Tired of waiting for Cross Game Chat (1116 days and counting!)

30 replies 17 views Edited Dec 2, 2010

This thread will continue until the Playstation community gets an official answer as to when and if Cross Game Chat is indeed coming to the PS3 or it becomes available as a feature.  We have been more than patient on this number one requested/needed feature by the Playstation community.  

The only response Sony has given in the past is "they are looking into it", this statement was provided years ago and we are STILL waiting.  You can help get an answer by forwarding this thread and or contacting gaming blogs with your interest in getting answer as to the status of this needed feature for PSN.  

I will continue to update this thread as needed with information I receive concerning this issue and update the days waiting count.  You can help press this issue by forwarding this thread and or expressing your interest in the status of Cross Game Chat to gaming blogs such as kotaku, destructoid, joystiq, 1up etc.  

Please post any information you come across on this topic as well or any gaming blogs that you run across addressing Cross Game Chat.

Message 30 of 31 (17 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39457 posts

Re: Tired of waiting for Cross Game Chat (1065 days and counting!)

Oct 11, 2010
Although I know many do, I, along with some of my fellow gaming friends do not particularly care about XGC, so I'm sorry I won't be forwarding this Thread to anyone.

Sony will release XGC as & when they see fit, the same goes for the second most requested item, the availability of changing your PSN ID, as & when, or even if only Sony knows.
CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 1 of 31 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Oct 11, 2010

i think its going to be one of those things, that you really, reallllyy want, but once you get it you will never use it.

but that just my opinion..

Message 2 of 31 (17 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

Oct 12, 2010
actually..alot of ppl said that about the other console (x in a box) and they use it almost everyday. I can see myself using cross chat for alot of purposes like going on the web browser while chatting and a friend telling me to look something up or checking someones profile, or just showing off some moves with that new ps move lol
Message 3 of 31 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Oct 12, 2010
This is a feature I probably would never use anyway so I'm not that concerned about it and don't even care if we get it anyway..... seems like people want the ps3 to have all the same features, pretty soon it'll just be the name that separates all the consoles
Message 4 of 31 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1983 posts

Oct 12, 2010

kmsrj2004 wrote:
actually..alot of ppl said that about the other console (x in a box) and they use it almost everyday. I can see myself using cross chat for alot of purposes like going on the web browser while chatting and a friend telling me to look something up or checking someones profile, or just showing off some moves with that new ps move lol

if im playing a single player game im not gonna wanna talk to anybody while im in the middle of it. if im playing online i only use my mic with friends and clan mates are on and im not gonna talk to someone thats not in game with me cause it'll do nothing but throw me off

Message 5 of 31 (17 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1189 posts

Oct 12, 2010

There is no sense in debating whether you think this is a worthwhile feature as it is the #1 most asked for feature according to the Playstation.blogs own requested features section.  Cross Game Chat and or party chat is a widely used feature on the other console and unless you have no friends that play games it is an invaluable resource.  

Playing without Cross Game Chat and or party chat on the PS3 after having played on the other console makes the PS3 feel behind the times and gimped.  This is a standard feature for the future of console gaming and there's no excuse for it to not be part of the PS3 at this point other than Sony had no clue what it was doing when it comes to online gaming.  

Message 6 of 31 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4606 posts

Oct 12, 2010

juggalokenny wrote:

kmsrj2004 wrote:

if im playing a single player game im not gonna wanna talk to anybody while im in the middle of it. if im playing online i only use my mic with friends and clan mates are on and im not gonna talk to someone thats not in game with me cause it'll do nothing but throw me off

Agreed.  Personally I hope that it never comes. 

Message 7 of 31 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
546 posts

Oct 13, 2010

BRIT-KO wrote:
Although I know many do, I, along with some of my fellow gaming friends do not particularly care about XGC, so I'm sorry I won't be forwarding this Thread to anyone.

Sony will release XGC as & when they see fit, the same goes for the second most requested item, the availability of changing your PSN ID, as & when, or even if only Sony knows.

agree'd

userbarz.com

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Message 8 of 31 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Oct 13, 2010

Agreed.  Personally I hope that it never comes. 

While I agree for the most part, just because you don't want to use something doesn't mean the OPTION shouldn't exist. There may be some circumstances where you really appreciate such a feature.  Such as a long distance relationship - someone you want to talk to nearly 24/7 even when playing different games. Or a friend inviting you to ANOTHER game without you having to pause, go to friends list, triangle, read message, reply O.O Isn't that interrupting you alot more?  Or for example while playing a single player game like Fallout 3. And while I enjoy it, its a rather lonely experience, and I find I enjoy it alot more while I have a text chat open with someone (mic would be the same thing).

Some might use the feature regularly, and others may rarely touch it. But none the less, with a motto of "It only does EVERYTHING", well, you should work hard to live up to it. No?

But I'll tell you what I want more than cross game chat. I want the text chat feature to be "inside" the games, so I don't have to press PS button to use it.  It should pop up the last line that's said on the bottom of your screen, and you can type on the bottom right there in the game window.  Why? Because sometimes people are sleeping in the house, or your mic dies, or you have a sore throat. Mics aren't going to be used always online just because its convenient. But take Saints Row 2 for example, whenever you press PS button to chat, you pause the game, and the other person's screen is paused too. This makes for a very disruptive experience.

So yes, I'd like cross game chat, tho I'll rarely use it, it would be nice to have. I would rather the text chat feature be more refined.

Message 9 of 31 (17 Views)
0 Likes