Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 23 2012
By: molitar First Son 19 posts

Timed Trials is **bleep** expired before I even got to trial it!

2 replies 1381 views Edited Nov 23, 2012

I downloaded and took ages to install.. than the game started and I had to leave so I didn't even press a button to start the game and came back home went to trial the game and it stated expired!   Another trial I did not even install says expired before I even got a chance to trial it!   This is total **bleep** the trials do not start when you start the game!   That is **bleep**.  Just give us some **bleep** demos instead!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (1,381 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28640 posts

Re: Timed Trials is **bleep** expired before I even got to trial it!

Nov 23, 2012

As I understand it most of not all trials are for a 60 minute period & begin the first time the game is booted up, the clock will continue to run until the 60 minutes has expired, there is no opportunity to pause the trial, even if you pause the game the trial time will continue to run.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (1,361 Views)
PlayStation MVP
10971 posts

Re: Timed Trials is **bleep** expired before I even got to trial it!

Nov 23, 2012

Instead of actually playing through the trial of Resident Evil 5, a game I had already played prior to its freedom, I just opened the trial and let it sit at the main menu while busy doing other things. The notifications come up during that time, informing the person sitting in front of the TV screen (assuming there is one) that you have so much time until the trial expires.

Trials shouldn't start though unless you have them installed. I'm not sure what could have happened with the one that wasn't made playable yet, but that's how the system sorts these things out. Luckily, the PlayStation 3 doesn't exclusively hand out trials as there is a demo section in the store, some of which the store has a trial version for a game and a demo version. Does it need both? Unless you're planning on buying the game immediately afterward in its digital format, probably not.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (1,352 Views)
0 Likes