Jul 28 2014
By: KSlayer112 First Son 19 posts

Time to bring the PS4 price back down to $399 in Canada again?

[ Edited ]
3 replies 561 views Edited Jul 28, 2014

So, alot of you may know, a few months ago Sony increased the price of the PS4 in Canada to $450. The two main reasons.. or the only reasons were because the canadian dollar wasn't doing well at all. It had come down to 92 cents compared to one American dollar or something like that. And on top of that, Sony had a what.. 78% chance of bankruptcy in the next two years? Both of those two reasons combined pretty much forced Sony to raise the price in Canada by $50. And I can understand that.

But now the chances of the PS4 going bankruptcy in the next couple of years has decreased drastically and is now relatively low. Not to mention, it appears as though the Canadian dollar is heading in the right direction again. I think they should put the price back to how it was at launch. An affordable $399. I also think Sony should realize that the Xbox community in Canada is growing much too fast for comfort, since the XB1 is now $399 w/o kinect and the PS4 is still $450 in Canada. Anyone agree?

Mod Edit: Updated label & added breaks to body of text. Please click here to learn more about labels and here to review the Rules of Conduct. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 4 (561 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

Re: Time to bring the PS4 price back down to $399 in Canada again?

Jul 28, 2014

I will be shocked if game publishers and sony decide to lower the price of their games and consoles. 

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 2 of 4 (553 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2921 posts

Jul 28, 2014

400 US dollars equal to 432 Canadian dollars. the canadian dollar is less than the U.S dollar

Message 3 of 4 (545 Views)
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
28983 posts

Jul 28, 2014

KSlayer112 wrote:

So, alot of you may know, a few months ago Sony increased the price of the PS4 in Canada to $450. The two main reasons.. or the only reasons were because the canadian dollar wasn't doing well at all. It had come down to 92 cents compared to one American dollar or something like that. And on top of that, Sony had a what.. 78% chance of bankruptcy in the next two years? Both of those two reasons combined pretty much forced Sony to raise the price in Canada by $50. And I can understand that. But now the chances of the PS4 going bankruptcy in the next couple of years has decreased drastically and is now relatively low. Not to mention, it appears as though the Canadian dollar is heading in the right direction again. I think they should put the price back to how it was at launch. An affordable $399. I also think Sony should realize that the Xbox community in Canada is growing much too fast for comfort, since the XB1 is now $399 w/o kinect and the PS4 is still $450 in Canada. Anyone agree?

Mod edit: edit labels  ~SurfGoddess

Take it up with your government. They're the ones who are responsible for bolstering the value of the Canadian dollar against the U.S. dollar. Not Sony.

Message 4 of 4 (512 Views)
0 Likes