Sep 03 2012
By: ATOTHED First Son 21 posts

Tiger Woods 13 demo

7 replies 105 views Edited Sep 3, 2012

Been following the Tiger Woods franchise since '09 (ok, not as long as some of youSmiley Happy), I donwloaded the demo a few weeks or so ago and finally got around to telling my cuz to download it.  When  he attempted to do so, PSN indicated that it is now a Playstation Plus download.  When did that happen?  Who's idea was that?

<->ATOTHED<->

Message 1 of 8 (105 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39144 posts

Re: Tiger Woods 13 demo

Sep 3, 2012

ATOTHED wrote:

Been following the Tiger Woods franchise since '09 (ok, not as long as some of youSmiley Happy), I donwloaded the demo a few weeks or so ago and finally got around to telling my cuz to download it.  When  he attempted to do so, PSN indicated that it is now a Playstation Plus download.  When did that happen?  Who's idea was that?

<->ATOTHED<->

I would be VERY surprised if the TW PGA Tour 13 Demo was only available to PS Plus Subscribers, in fact I'm certain it is not, I'm not on my PS3 right now so I can't check for sure but I'm really not certain why your cousin cannot download the Demo because in my view they really should be able to.

Ask them to check again, this time using the search function.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 8 (104 Views)
Wastelander
905 posts

Sep 3, 2012

It looks like there is only the 60 minute demo for Playstation Plus members.

Home Theater
320GB Playstation 3 (60GB SKU) & 120GB Playstation 3 Slim
Message 3 of 8 (97 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Sep 3, 2012

Brit-Ko,

I appreciate the response, but I have double-checked this several times.  I have even defered to the EA Tiger Woods forum.

This, however, is direct from the PlayStation Store.....

This is an exclusive PlayStation Plus offer - Exclusive - Free

This game can be downloaded and is available for play for up to 60 minutes within 365 days of download.  To continue playing, you may purchase the full game (requires re-download).  At the point of game purchase, your progress will be saved and any earned trophies will be unlocked.

When DOWNLOAD is selected, one is presented with a dialog screen that reads -

This content is available exclusively for PlayStation Plus members.

If you know of another way to get this demo for free, me and I am sure, others would love to hear it.  I know that my cuz will be one of them.

<-> ATOTHED <->

Message 4 of 8 (96 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6807 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2012

It doesn't look like there is a demo for the game.  What you are looking at is the full game trial which is only for PS+.  These are available for any full game on PSN and separate from demos.  If there were a demo, anyone would be able to download it.  There may be one coming still.

Message 5 of 8 (92 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39144 posts

Sep 3, 2012

JERM7 wrote:

It doesn't look like there is a demo for the game.  What you are looking at is the full game trial which is only for PS+.  These are available for any full game on PSN and separate from demos.  If there were a demo, anyone would be able to download it.  There may be one coming still.

There was because I downloaded it & played it BEFORE the full game was released.

Message 6 of 8 (88 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6807 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

JERM7 wrote:

There was because I downloaded it & played it BEFORE the full game was released.

In that case, they probably removed it, and it's unlikely they'd put it back up.

It's been a while since it was added:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/06/playstation-store-update-229/

Message 7 of 8 (86 Views)
Highlighted
MVP Support
39144 posts

Sep 4, 2012

Good find sir, I knew I wasn't going mad!

Message 8 of 8 (80 Views)
0 Likes