Nov 20 2011
By: darkar63 First Son 2 posts

Three Black Men Being Hung on Lock Down Map; MW3

10 replies 279 views Edited Nov 20, 2011

Am I the only one that finds it very offensive that there are three black men being hung/hanging from a noose on the Lock Down Map of COD MW3?  It doesn't even go with the theme of the map.  This is another way that people show that they don't care about other race feeling.  What can we do about such blatant racism? This apparently comes from higher ranking officials in this company.

Message 1 of 11 (279 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40547 posts

Re: Three Black Men Being Hung on Lock Down Map; MW3

Nov 20, 2011

darkar63 wrote:

Am I the only one that finds it very offensive that there are three black men being hung/hanging from a noose on the Lock Down Map of COD MW3?  It doesn't even go with the theme of the map.  This is another way that people show that they don't care about other race feeling.  What can we do about such blatant racism? This apparently comes from higher ranking officials in this company.

Hi & Welcome to the Playstation Online Community.

You'll have to forgive me but I'm not sure if you are serious & for real or just trolling, your PSN ID name is one red flag & so is the fact that this is your first post, if I'm wrong then I apologize.

As to your question, I know of the game but do not play COD/MW3 so I am unaware of the exact part of the game you sre reffering to, so I cannot say if this scene is within keeping of the game or not, having said that I would be very surprised if this scene was implemented with even the slightest hint of racism, a word that is bandied around these days when in reality it is far from the truth.

Your comment in your post which says this is "another way' that people show they don't care about another races' feeling, that's an odd comment to make too, sorry but it is, what do you mean by that?

My last thought is this post wil either get moved or be deleted, posts of this nature discussing topics like this can become an outlet for others to make coments not in keeping with the rules of these Forums.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 11 (279 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Nov 20, 2011

Thanks Brit-Ko for expressing many of the things I was feeling too. My first post was blunt and crude and as a result got deleted.

Message 3 of 11 (279 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40547 posts

Nov 20, 2011

ne1atall wrote:

Thanks Brit-Ko for expressing many of the things I was feeling too. My first post was blunt and crude and as a result got deleted.

Photobucket

It was a tough one ne1 & to be honest I hesitated somewhat in responding, but decided I wanted to, just so you & others who see this Thread know, I have also "reported" the OP's post to the MOD's, not reported in the normal sense, but just to put the post on their radar so to speak, make sense?

Message 4 of 11 (279 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Nov 20, 2011

Yes it makes sense. My reply may have put it on their radar but more likely it put me there. This post just felt right from the start like an attempt to start an online race war. Trolling like you said.

Message 5 of 11 (279 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 21, 2011

I just realized how my online name could be read wrong.  My online name is a combination of two names.  (Your apologies is accepted)Don't want to cause a online race riot.  Just thought that we all should be made aware of the obvious.  You should never be surprised about what is in peoples heart.  Believe it or not there are still race problems in today's society. People use all sorts of avenues to delivery there message of hate and dislikes. As far as the comments about caring about other race feelings.  Think about it...  A lot had to go into the graphics of that scene. Look very closely at the African Americans hanging there.  Look at what they are wearing.  And then think about the concept of the map.  If you did not create the graphic,  you cannot say what someone's intents are.  Just as you may assume that I posted this just to start a negative thread or race war.

No other person can tell another  person that they have been offended or not offended. Intent and perception is the key.

Message 6 of 11 (279 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40547 posts

Nov 21, 2011

Thank you for coming back to respond to this Thread, I'm glad you did darkar63, & thank you for accepting my apologies, hopefully you realized no offense was intended in my response.

I agree that in today's world there are still people who wish, be it openly, or more surreptitiously as in the game you are referring to here to appear "racist", as I said I don't own the game & so cannot respond to the particular part you are referring to.

Also what some people see as racist, sexist, homophobic etc can & is seen very differently by another person, this is where we need to be careful before rushing to a judgement, so in the case of the game, if it concerns you, as it appears to, I would contact the games developers & see if they will respond to your points.

Message 7 of 11 (279 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7215 posts

Nov 21, 2011

I don't play the game either, but I was curious and looked it up.  I didn't search long, but found a tiny bit of it in the youtube video linked below (you can see them at the end at ~0:55).  From that clip, they don't look "African American" to me.  Also, it takes place in Prague, so that would still be wrong .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXwd2DBuVTc

Message 8 of 11 (279 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Nov 21, 2011

JERM7 wrote:

I don't play the game either, but I was curious and looked it up.  I didn't search long, but found a tiny bit of it in the youtube video linked below (you can see them at the end at ~0:55). From that clip, they don't look "African American" to me.  Also, it takes place in Prague, so that would still be wrong .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXwd2DBuVTc

I jiust watched the clip and I agree. They don't look even vaguely "African American".

darkar63 you said "f you did not create the graphic,  you cannot say what someone's intents are." I agree with that too. So with that in mind how can you say they are being racist? Did you create it? I think you're seeing things that aren't there. Like

"Three Black Men Being Hung on Lock Down Map; MW3"

pause the video at 1 minute. They don't look black at all.

Message 9 of 11 (279 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40547 posts

Nov 21, 2011

Having just watched the segment the OP is questioning, I too disagree with the OP's view & would say that the 3 "subjects' hanging are not "black".

Message 10 of 11 (279 Views)
0 Likes