Splicer
85 posts

Re: Thoughts on Persona

Nov 7, 2012

Appreciate this info. Which one would you suggest for a newbie to the persona series to start at. 

I preordered persona 4 golden solid gold a few months ago. Mainly because I liked the case. lol

Never played the series before, I was in the middle of watching the anime. I read that it follows the games story, so I stopped.

Message 11 of 22 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Nov 7, 2012
Get Persona 3 Portable (now priced at $9.99). Persona 1 is something only old school die hards would enjoy (I did..but it took a bit of stomaching), Persona 2 Innocent Sin is probably the one with the best plot of the four (personal opinion, of course) but the outdated graphics and system may put off gamers that grew up with the PS2+ generations~.
Message 12 of 22 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Nov 7, 2012

Thanks. I just got done watching some reviews of them. Leaning toward this one. maybe because it looks much more like p4g At least from what I have seen of each of them. lol 

Going to think a little on this, only got 20 bucks in wallet. But if I get one, it'll be p3p

Message 13 of 22 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Nov 7, 2012
I would strongly recommend Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden. Persona is one of my favorite rpgs of all time
Photobucket
psvitaheaven.wordpress.com

Message 14 of 22 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Nov 8, 2012

Santa_Owning wrote:

Thanks. I just got done watching some reviews of them. Leaning toward this one. maybe because it looks much more like p4g At least from what I have seen of each of them. lol 

Going to think a little on this, only got 20 bucks in wallet. But if I get one, it'll be p3p

Persona 3 Portable is definitely your best bet. It will be the closest to Persona 4 Golden. I've put in over 100 hours into Persona 3 Portable. I am debating getting the original Persona myself as it's the only one of the 3 PSP ones I haven't played. So stoked about Persona 4.

Message 15 of 22 (105 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Nov 8, 2012

PapaWarlock wrote:

Santa_Owning wrote:

Persona 3 Portable is definitely your best bet. It will be the closest to Persona 4 Golden. I've put in over 100 hours into Persona 3 Portable. I am debating getting the original Persona myself as it's the only one of the 3 PSP ones I haven't played. So stoked about Persona 4.

Yep yet another month of great games that I can't afford all at once.

boo hoo. Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 22 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Nov 8, 2012
Picture a bad run on Persona 2: Innocent Sin where, you know, you just get unlucky with encounters and get **bleep** raped. That's what Persona: Revelations is the entire game. And that's without playing the Ice Queen path~.

It has a great plot and good character development (and an amazing soundtrack) but the mechanics are too outdated to be tolerable most of the time~.
Message 17 of 22 (99 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

Persona 4 will be my first Persona and probably my only unless they make Persona 5 for the Vita. Which I see no reason why it couldn't be on the Vita.

Smiley Happy There is talk about Persona 5 being the on the Vita already so I hope it does come.

Message 18 of 22 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
45 posts

Nov 8, 2012

Persona 4 The Golden is nice...but the only disadvantage is the storyline... I mean if you had already played Persona 4 on ps2... You can know the events and ending of the game... So, it would be better if Persona 5 is made...

Message 19 of 22 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

Persona 4 will be my first Persona and probably my only unless they make Persona 5 for the Vita. Which I see no reason why it couldn't be on the Vita.

Smiley Happy There is talk about Persona 5 being the on the Vita already so I hope it does come.

Sale numbers are a reason. Why'd they release a brand new entry of a major franchise on a system that sells less than 5k units (and declining every week) weekly on the country that creates the franchise in the first place? That'd be a ridiculuous move, if not financial suicide; people are angry about Bayonetta 2, a beloved franchise, going Nintendo exclusive (and that's a system that's going to sell millions) so the outrage of fans at seeing a new Persona going to a system that nobody seems interested in buying (in Japan, which is where it matters the most since Atlus is a japanese company) makes no sense. Atlus knows that~.

Sure, we got Persona 4 but it's one thing to port an already existing entry and a very different thing to make a new installment in a most beloved series for a system that simply doesn't sell~.

The last time a platform was mentioned it was the PS3. Though that was years ago since Persona 5 has been teased that for almost 4 years now. Here's the source. Seeing as how Atlus developed a brand new entry of the Shin Megami Tensei (the franchise from which Persona is a spin off) for the 3DS, chances are Persona 5 will be either a PS3 or 3DS title and I'm leaning towards the former since the latter would downgrade the game a ton~.

If there's such a source as "Talk about Persona 5 being on the PSV" I'd like to see it myself as I doubt its legitimacy~.

Message 20 of 22 (66 Views)
0 Likes