Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
58 posts

Re: Thoughts from a dissatisfied Vita owner - SONY please read

Oct 2, 2012
I have a friend who has the MGS collection. It looked interesting other than the top down view to do most things. I didn't like the way they did their cutscenes. I know I'm kind of fussy. It's not to say I won't ever play it, it's just right now it's not appealing to me. He loves it though.
Message 21 of 25 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Oct 2, 2012
I probably would have liked it if I was able to actually play games as a kid. My mother didn't believe in video games so I only really got to play them at family functions and in stores lol. We had a few consoles but we very rarely got to play them. Atari, Nes,snes,n64
Message 22 of 25 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Oct 3, 2012

I agree with many of your points. I think the biggest thing above anything else is getting the actual developers who make the popular franchises to make games for the Vita. Uncharted: Golden Abyss was not done by Naughty Dog, LittleBigPlanet was not done by MediaMolecule, I don't think Black Ops: Declassified is done by Treyarch, and the Killzone game is, I'm pretty sure, not going to be done by Guerrilla Games. These are the guys who make these games good, just passing off the rights to another developer to port over some crappy little redo on the handheld system is a waste of time and money for a system that is too long without a "Holy S*** I need that" kind of game. At this rate, the Playstation Vita IS going to fail, there's no argument to be had about that, it's a fact and I'm pretty sure Sony knows it. Unfortunately, they've admitted to focusing their efforts more on the camera industry rather than the gaming industry. The handheld market is a tough place to get a grip on without having something along the way to grip onto by the short hairs and difinitively call your own. Apple's iOS has, like, everybody. Nintendo and their 3DS has the young kids and characters they love, Sony should have the core gamers but they've failed to deliver that because they seem to have just kinda put the thing out there and forgotten about it. I love my Vita, and I think the possibilities for it are nearly endless, but Sony's got to get the big developers on board or this thing is going right where the Virtual Boy went eons ago.

Mike Upton
Manchester Console Game Examiner
Check out my column for exciting news and reviews!
Also hit up MikeUptonWrites.com for more fun, nerdilogical goings-on.
Message 23 of 25 (110 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Although I don't agree with Polychild's statements I see where he is coming from. He said it wasn't a rant and that he likes his Vita. He just like many others are worried or in disagreement about the game selection available and about other presentation hiccups. The Vita is still in it's infantcy so give it time. They will work out the kinks. I was worried too until they confirmed all the great games on the way. Now I love my Vita more than anything. Here's to hoping many great things are instore on the long road ahead. 2013 especially ; )

Message 24 of 25 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Oct 4, 2012

TMAZT3R wrote:

Gamble_STARS wrote:
I can't take anyone serious when they think MGS story is not great.

I completely agree. If someone does not like MGS they should just end their life.

^

Message 25 of 25 (77 Views)
0 Likes