Sep 12 2011
By: Notonmywatch1111 First Son 2 posts

This service is not available in your country/region

3 replies 880 views Edited Sep 12, 2011

Hello, it's bee a while since the last time i used my ps3, on saturday i signed in into my old account, and i tried to redownload two games i purchased with the same account, but i get the message This service is not available in your country/region; when i created the account i was in USA; currently i'm in Colombia,i called SONY here and they tell me i gotta call to USA, that would be a lot of money since i don't think calling from Colombia to sony USA it's free, maybe you can help me, I do have other accounts with the same characteristics, and i can go to the playstation store but this is the only one one i have problems with, and i want to recover my games, what can i do? thanks

Message 1 of 4 (880 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39473 posts

Re: This service is not available in your country/region

Sep 12, 2011

Hi & Welcome to the Playstation Online Community for the USA.

You're trying to access your American account from outside the USA, I think Sony prevents this by logging the IP address from where you are, hence your problem, sorry.

P.S. Just in case you were wondering, you are also not allowed to change the country or region of your account.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 4 (880 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 12, 2011

Thanks for the answer, i can't even login it the webpage of psn (same problem) i did create the account in usa but i forgot to mention that the content was downloaded in colombia as i used to travel, i have even used an ip of USA and same problem when i tried to login on the pc.

Message 3 of 4 (880 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
39473 posts

Sep 12, 2011

Notonmywatch1111 wrote:

Thanks for the answer, i can't even login it the webpage of psn (same problem) i did create the account in usa but i forgot to mention that the content was downloaded in colombia as i used to travel, i have even used an ip of USA and same problem when i tried to login on the pc.

You're welcome, sorry I wasn't of more help.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 4 of 4 (880 Views)
0 Likes