Aug 29 2011
By: bloodybrains1983 Hekseville Citizen 292 posts

This is what i think ps3 needs to do for the new people who dont got ps3's tell me what you think.

6 replies 26 views Edited Aug 29, 2011

Look i have a ps3 but my cousin only has a ps2 look he has lots of ps2 games and he came over to the house one day asking me if the ps3 plays ps2 games i said no but it plays ps1 games look i believe that ps3 needs to come up with a add on for the ps3 itself,look we can all play ps1 and ps3 games but for all of us that cant and only has ps2 or ps1 games wouldnt it be nice if we can all play the same old games we used to play on one system...?I just hope when ps4 comes out they do this it would be nice for all the sony lovers.Later BB1983

Message 1 of 7 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Re: This is what i think ps3 needs to do for the new people who dont got ps3's tell me what you think.

Aug 29, 2011

There is pretty much no chance that the PS4 will play PS2 games.  Don't get your hopes up.

Also don't plan on playing PS2 games on your PS3.  Unless you want to buy a used fat PS3 you are out of luck.

Tell your cousin to bring his PS2 over to your house next time.

Message 2 of 7 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Re: This is what i think ps3 needs to do for the new people who dont got ps3's tell me what you think.

Aug 29, 2011

I dont play ps2 but it would be nice if they could i mean if they can olay ps1 games why not play ps2 thats just stupid.

Message 3 of 7 (26 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13618 posts

Aug 30, 2011

Because the PS1 was a much simpler system. Heck, almost any PC, and even smartphones, can play PS1 games. The amount of hardware/software to emulate a ps1 is not complex at all.

On the other hand, the PS2 was a much more complex system, and therefore needed the Emotion Engine CPU Chip and the Graphics Synthesizer GPU.

The original PS3 models had both of these, then they removed the EE chip and supported PS2 through software emulation. Newer PS3's have neither of these, so therefore PS2 games are unplayable.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 7 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Aug 30, 2011

it's because the ps2 is not "dead" yet, there's still announced titles coming this year once the console finishes it's lifetime MAYBE we'll see ps2 titles on pstore and a proper software update will take place to allow user of ps3 play ps2 titles however since the newer consoles are not able to play ps2 games i guess it will take a very long time for them to consider this option besides the fact that there's many many titles for ps2, the licensing and all that legal stuff must also be considered i think that's the biggest reason it takes so long for some ps1 titles to get to the store for example so waiting to see how they'll take measures is the best we can do right now

Message 5 of 7 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Aug 30, 2011

yeah i hope this to i mean if you can buy older games from the ps3 store from the ps2 system looks like sooner then later they'll make it where you can buy ps2 games from there im a big fan of the final fantasy games from the ps2 systems where they had better graphics i love games with beautiful graphics this world is growing alot with that  i cant wait for the ps4.Thanks for your comment

Message 6 of 7 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Aug 30, 2011

Thanks for your comment too..

Message 7 of 7 (26 Views)
0 Likes