Dec 26, 2013
The fanboy wont read it lol
Message 32 of 41 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
245 posts

Re: This feeling that I can't shake off when I play KZSF

Dec 26, 2013
I used to be a fanboy myself, but I was never under any delusions about where Halo was going after Reach. That panel just confirmed a lot of old fans' worst fears.
Message 33 of 41 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Dec 26, 2013

GrnDragn wrote:
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst198101_Response-to-GDC-Panel--What--A--Joke.aspx

Read this. Link provided in thread.

There is literally nothing mentioned about "wanting to make halo more like cod" and the link to that thread goes to the general gamespot website

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 34 of 41 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
245 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2013

socom69 wrote:

GrnDragn wrote:
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst198101_Response-to-GDC-Panel--What--A--Joke.aspx

There is literally nothing mentioned about "wanting to make halo more like cod" and the link to that thread goes to the general gamespot website

I'm guessing you didn't read about the part making it easily accessible to those who were traditionally bad at Halo? And it was just a coincidence that they happened to take numerous elements from CoD that weren't in Halo before to appeal to the lowest common denominator: Perks, Killstreaks, Sprint, the addition of a progression "everyone is a winner" system instead of an actual ranking system, flinching instead of de-scoping, and not to mention the CUSTOM CLASSES, are all in there, but many of them are just under another name? And yes, there is an unlimited Sprint perk; it's called Mobility. So you're wrong, again. 

You are correct about the link within the link, though. But it is there. Here's a YouTube video discussing what was said at the panel by some long-time Halo vets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZateZiwBH4

Halo 4 did take many elements from CoD to bring in more people. There's not shame in admitting that. It backfired for the online population, though.

Message 35 of 41 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Dec 26, 2013

GrnDragn wrote:

socom69 wrote:

GrnDragn wrote:

I'm guessing you didn't read about the part making it easily accessible to those who were traditionally bad at Halo? And it was just a coincidence that they happened to take numerous elements from CoD that weren't in Halo before to appeal to the lowest common denominator: Perks, Killstreaks, Sprint, the addition of a progression "everyoe is a winner" system instead of an actual ranking system, flinching instead of de-scoping, and not to mention the CUSTOM CLASSES, are all in there, but many of them are just under another name? And yes, there is an unlimited Sprint perk; it's called Mobility. So you're wrong, again. 

You are correct about the link within the link, though. But it is there. Here's a YouTube video discussing what was said at the panel by some long-time Halo vets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZateZiwBH4

Halo 4 did take many elements from CoD to bring in more people. There's not shame in admitting that. It backfired for the online population, though.

I did read the part about making it easier, but I never saw anything about cod. I am wrong about sprint. I looked the waypoint forums and saw people discussing it there. I play SWAT so I have never personally come across it. Not even in CTF have I seen it. But perks are NOT in halo. Saying the mobile shield is a perk is like saying the bubble shield,  regeneration grenade, and overshield are perks; which they are not.

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 36 of 41 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3519 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2013
I think it's horrid. First killzone I said no way. Then again,sorry but with the rampant cheaters in online games... Im not buying another online game. Tired of paying 60-200 dollars for games and I am done in 2 weeks. Never spending another dime till the industry fixes this prob. I'm done with cheaters and hackers
Message 37 of 41 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
245 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2013

socom69 wrote:

GrnDragn wrote:

socom69 wrote:

GrnDragn wrote:

I'm guessing you didn't read about the part making it easily accessible to those who were traditionally bad at Halo? And it was just a coincidence that they happened to take numerous elements from CoD that weren't in Halo before to appeal to the lowest common denominator: Perks, Killstreaks, Sprint, the addition of a progression "everyoe is a winner" system instead of an actual ranking system, flinching instead of de-scoping, and not to mention the CUSTOM CLASSES, are all in there, but many of them are just under another name? And yes, there is an unlimited Sprint perk; it's called Mobility. So you're wrong, again. 

I did read the part about making it easier, but I never saw anything about cod. I am wrong about sprint. I looked the waypoint forums and saw people discussing it there. I play SWAT so I have never personally come across it. Not even in CTF have I seen it. But perks are NOT in halo. Saying the mobile shield is a perk is like saying the bubble shield,  regeneration grenade, and overshield are perks; which they are not.

You are thinking of armor abilities, not armor mods, which are most certainly perks. How are armor mods not perks? One gives you more ammo, one gives you unlimited sprint, one gives you longer charge time on your Armor Ability, one gives you a radar when you zoom, one allows flinch to not affect you as much, one has your shield recharge at a faster rate, one allows you to pick up grenades, one allows you to take less damage from explosives, one allows you to survive an explosion while in a vehicle, and so on and so on. Those are clearly perks. Different name, same idea.

Even the staunchest of Halo 4's defenders will admit that Halo 4 took a lot of elements from CoD to compete with it due to "changing demographics" and because they believed the arena shooter was on the way out. 

Message 38 of 41 (127 Views)
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Dec 26, 2013
What you got there is Marathon, Steady Aim, Scavenger, and more. He's a fanboy tho, I knew he'd not read it or brush it off.
Message 39 of 41 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56227 posts

Dec 26, 2013

socom69 wrote:

This game...has zero weight and handles like COD. The more I play, the more it actually bothers me. A lot. Why couldn't this game just have the gameplay of 2. Like why did GG feel like they needed to COD-ify this game. I liked it when it was COD-proof. And I'm still VERY **bleep** that listed servers didn't return. This is probably my last KZ if GG doesn't get their things together next game. They'll go the way of Zipper if this continues and I couldn't image losing 2 of my favorite franchises back to back.

I felt the opposite, I actually liked this one better than the last one.

I do admit I'm more of a MAG/BF guy than a COD or KZ guy though

Message 40 of 41 (69 Views)
0 Likes