Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 25 2013
By: socom69 Uncharted Territory 1661 posts

This feeling that I can't shake off when I play KZSF

40 replies 451 views Edited Dec 25, 2013

This game...has zero weight and handles like COD. The more I play, the more it actually bothers me. A lot. Why couldn't this game just have the gameplay of 2. Like why did GG feel like they needed to COD-ify this game. I liked it when it was COD-proof. And I'm still VERY **bleep** that listed servers didn't return. This is probably my last KZ if GG doesn't get their things together next game. They'll go the way of Zipper if this continues and I couldn't image losing 2 of my favorite franchises back to back.

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 1 of 41 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
237 posts

Re: This feeling that I can't shake off when I play KZSF

Dec 25, 2013
I'll be honest; I've never played any of the other Killzones' MP, but I do like Shadow Fall's MP. It doesn't feel anything like CoD (died after the first Modern Warfare).
Message 2 of 41 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Dec 25, 2013

GrnDragn wrote:
I'll be honest; I've never played any of the other Killzones' MP, but I do like Shadow Fall's MP. It doesn't feel anything like CoD (died after the first Modern Warfare).

I played KZ2's MP for 200 hours and 3's for somewhere between 5-10 hours. 3's level up/skill tree/class tree system wasn't nearly as rewarding as what was in 2 and there was only matchmaking. 2 had it all.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 3 of 41 (424 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5674 posts

Dec 25, 2013

socom69 wrote:

GrnDragn wrote:

I played KZ2's MP for 200 hours and 3's for somewhere between 5-10 hours. 3's level up/skill tree/class tree system wasn't nearly as rewarding as what was in 2 and there was only matchmaking. 2 had it all.

Don't forget Killzone 2 had those long drawn out spawn camping matches that would last for 60 minutes. I feel as if I wasn't progressing at all in that game because there was barely any reward system(I.e- 1 point for reviving a downed teamate? and it took a good minute for you to heal another team mate. However I still loved playing a proper Killzone 2 match. Very satisfying when you're on a good team. Killzone 3 was good too, however I missed the server list, which made it easy to get into a match with the lowest ping. Gonna pick up Shadow fall during the holidays, I'm sure I'll enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed both Killzone 2 and 3.

Message 4 of 41 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10845 posts

Dec 25, 2013
Never played cod much, but I played all the KZ, and that weighted feel from KZ2 was not a weighted feel at all. It was the product of huge deadzones in the analog sticks. The game was broken and unplayable. With that said, I'm not sure why you think rifles and smgs should feel so weighted and heavy, cause they are far from that. 50 cal rifles and lmgs should slow your character down a bit, but this is a game and it needs to be balanced too. My ar15 with a fully loaded 30 round mag is relatively light and easy to control.

KZ2 was like playing with a drunk character that had no control over their body due to the huge deadzones. No thank you.
Message 5 of 41 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Dec 25, 2013

whoady4shoady wrote:
Never played cod much, but I played all the KZ, and that weighted feel from KZ2 was not a weighted feel at all. It was the product of huge deadzones in the analog sticks. The game was broken and unplayable. <-----ummmmm what???? With that said, I'm not sure why you think rifles and smgs should feel so weighted and heavy, cause they are far from that. 50 cal rifles and lmgs should slow your character down a bit, but this is a game and it needs to be balanced too. My ar15 with a fully loaded 30 round mag is relatively light and easy to control.

KZ2 was like playing with a drunk character that had no control over their body due to the huge deadzones. No thank you.

Message 6 of 41 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Dec 26, 2013
I hated 2 and never played 3 but I can say I enjoy sf. Its nothing like cod so get off that **bleep**. Its definitely not like 2 tho but that game was trash.

SF is lacking a reward system tho. It feels like it needs a lot of things but the actual gameplay and shooting mechanics are solid imo.
Message 7 of 41 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9318 posts

Dec 26, 2013

This game does not play at all like COD. Not in any form at all. COD has aim assistand other features to make kills swift and right afte eachother. Where KZSF you have to work to get your kills.

Message 8 of 41 (336 Views)
Survivor
2572 posts

Dec 26, 2013

socom69 wrote:

This game...has zero weight and handles like COD. The more I play, the more it actually bothers me. A lot. Why couldn't this game just have the gameplay of 2. Like why did GG feel like they needed to COD-ify this game. I liked it when it was COD-proof. And I'm still VERY **bleep** that listed servers didn't return. This is probably my last KZ if GG doesn't get their things together next game. They'll go the way of Zipper if this continues and I couldn't image losing 2 of my favorite franchises back to back.

Not likely. Killzone Shadow Fall is the biggest selling launch exclusive and has sold at least 1 million copies. The only thing that might resemble COD is the people who constantly camp or bunch up  together instead of looking for an alternative route.

Message 9 of 41 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Dec 26, 2013

Just curious, for those of you that can't see how it feels like cod, how many of you play it without milking the L2 iron sight feature? Who still fires by the hip?

Message 10 of 41 (296 Views)
0 Likes