Oct 13 2012
By: GoD_KillsCampers First Son 3 posts

This NBA2K13 freezing crap is getting old SONY!!!

7 replies 2001 views Edited Oct 13, 2012

I just bought this game today and it freezes in "My Career" mode at the loading screen.  This happened on the NBA2K11 as well, so I didn't buy 2012 because of it.  I figured you guys would have at least figured out how to stop "My Player" from freezing, but I guess I am aiming way to high with my hopes of you guys.  FIGURE IT OUT!!!

Message 1 of 8 (2,001 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18760 posts

Re: This NBA2K13 freezing crap is getting old SONY!!!

Oct 13, 2012

|Welcome to the PS Community..

You are wasting your time, for you are barking at the wrong tree. SONY has nothing to do with the development nor the publishing of NBA 2K13. The game is developed by Visual Concepts & published by 2K Sports. Those are the trees you should be barking at.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 2 of 8 (1,993 Views)
PlayStation MVP
26422 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 13, 2012

GoD_KillsCampers wrote:

I just bought this game today and it freezes in "My Career" mode at the loading screen.  This happened on the NBA2K11 as well, so I didn't buy 2012 because of it.  I figured you guys would have at least figured out how to stop "My Player" from freezing, but I guess I am aiming way to high with my hopes of you guys.  FIGURE IT OUT!!!

Where do you find the word "Sony Computer Entertainment" ANYWHERE on this box??

NBA 2K13

Why is it that everything comes down to "COME ON SONY!"? Visual Concepts and 2K Sports made the game. Go and play the outraged gamer with them.

Message 3 of 8 (1,988 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 13, 2012

First off, it's more than one word.  See...if I was to say I can describe you in one word, I would say "moron."  Why? Because that is ONE WORD!!!

Next, Sony is the system that it is played on.  My buddy has the same game, made by the same people for his XBox and it works just fine on there.  Therefore, it comes down to the Sony Playstation.  I looked it up online and there are ALOT of people with this issue and everyone is saying that "SONY" will have to patch it in an update to fix the freeze glitch. 

Next time, do some research and find out what you are talking about before getting on here and talking crap.

Why is it that when everything comes down to "COME ON SONY", some moron has to act like he knows what he is talking about and make himself look like a complete tool?

Message 4 of 8 (1,977 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 13, 2012

That's really sweet of you to come to the rescue for Sony, but I want you to explain to me why it works just fine on an XBox, but not on a Playstation.  The freeze glitch is only on PS3.  I find it to be a bit ironic that Visual Concepts and 2k Sports can make a game that works perfect on XBox but not PS3.  After doing some research, I found out that PSN will have to put out a patch in an update for the game to be fixed.

Message 5 of 8 (1,976 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16134 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 13, 2012

GoD_KillsCampers wrote:

First off, it's more than one word.  See...if I was to say I can describe you in one word, I would say "moron."  Why? Because that is ONE WORD!!!

What is more than one word? Are you sure you're weren't still thinking about another post somewhere else?

Next, Sony is the system that it is played on.  My buddy has the same game, made by the same people for his XBox and it works just fine on there.  Therefore, it comes down to the Sony Playstation.  I looked it up online and there are ALOT of people with this issue and everyone is saying that "SONY" will have to patch it in an update to fix the freeze glitch. 

Where online? Obviously no one on THIS forum or any other sub-forum that I can see is having an issue with 2k13, I dont see any such posts under the "Sports General" section where you should have posted anyway, where people who MIGHT have had a similar issue can be better able to help you.

Next time, do some research and find out what you are talking about before getting on here and talking crap.

No one is doing such a thing...... The only thing anyone is doing is mocking you and your polluted reasoning about your issue with a game.....

Why is it that when everything comes down to "COME ON SONY", some moron has to act like he knows what he is talking about and make himself look like a complete tool?

Because its an actual fact....... He does know what he is talking about..... And when you stick around the Playstation3 General forums as long as myself, CaptainAlbator, and Xulchibara, you'll begin to see a pattern of threads/posts where people who are no different from you, make the same exact posts who BEG and WHINE and DEMAND and COMMAND and every other superlative word that represents authority and power

That's really sweet of you to come to the rescue for Sony, but I want you to explain to me why it works just fine on an XBox, but not on a Playstation.  The freeze glitch is only on PS3.  I find it to be a bit ironic that Visual Concepts and 2k Sports can make a game that works perfect on XBox but not PS3.  After doing some research, I found out that PSN will have to put out a patch in an update for the game to be fixed.

Most multi-platform games tend to run better on 360 for the most part due to the fact that the development of a 360 game is closer to the development of PC games where most game developer tools are derieved from, where its a little more difficult to develop for ps3, even when we are 6 years into the consoles life.

With that said..... Why do you feel you need to immediately condemn a company and its console solely because you are having an issue with a specific game, instead of simply voicing your issue to that we may be able to help you troubleshoot?
Because as you already know, voicing a near-sided and dogmatic opinion is only going to beget the same response but with more tact and logical thought.

If you want help.... do so in a polite and respectful manner instead of immediately come to start barking around like a dog chained to a steak in the ground in the front yard whenever someone passes in front of them.
Calm. Down.

And finally.....

Have you tried deleting the "GAME DATA" of the game, reinstall, and see if the issue clears up?
Have you reset your modem and router? The game could be checking for something on the servers

Have you tried playing without being connected to the internet? Just to rule out its nothing to do with the game calling up the servers for player stats or anything of the like

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 6 of 8 (1,947 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Exactly he is rite this game lags for me to and it freezes up my ps3 and I'm force to restart my ps3 so Sony haves the blame not 2k because ive had a Xbox and nba2k13 work fine and never lagged during blacktop or anything
Message 7 of 8 (1,169 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 23, 2013
I had the exact same problem. I fixed it by going to my career, loading it, then quit and load it up again. Maybe do it 3 times for it to work properly
Message 8 of 8 (1,021 Views)
0 Likes