Feb 28 2013
By: Mrblurr Hekseville Citizen 301 posts

Things the PS4 MUST have when it comes out?

6 replies 118 views Edited Feb 28, 2013
What do you think are the top 3 things the PS4 MUST be able to do when it releases that the PS3 does not do now? For me: 1. Cross game communication - This is something that is WAY overdue and needed. 2. Must keep PSN downloaded titles. (I downloaded Walking dead on PS3, I shouldn't have to buy it on PS4 again) 3. More good games. I think I speak for everyone when I say ANY consoles must come out with GOOD games from LOTS of different GENRES. Not 5 COD-type games, but a RPG, FPS, Action, Adventure, Racing, etc...It has to reach everyone's interests. I'd like to know how many others agree with me or have different opinions on the new consoles.
The Old Republic = Every great game Sony never released...and did.
Message 1 of 7 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11716 posts

Re: Things the PS4 MUST have when it comes out?

Feb 28, 2013

One hot topic the PlayStation 4 should not do is restrict the use of used games. Another that comes to mind is, like you said, keep games playable. It seems odd to me that PlayStation 3 games would not be compatible if the PlayStation 4 is going to be based on Blu-ray technology. Will Blu-ray movies go away as well for playback? And what about PlayStation Plus? Will that still be around for anyone looking to transfer from one system to the other? At this point there are indeed questions left unanswered about the PlayStation 4.

Message 2 of 7 (96 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13585 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Shameless plug for my own thread......

http://www.community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/Things-I-must-know-NOW-about-the-PS4/m-p/39...

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 3 of 7 (83 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Feb 28, 2013
It must have backwards compatibility to play my PS3 games at no additional cost or subscription plan. When I buy a new PC I still get to play my older games. I've made a nice collection on Steam and no matter what I upgrade to I will still be able to play my collection. Being able to build a game library is important. The fear that people will not buy new titles when they can play their older games is unfounded. Great games drive sales not the scarcity of games.
Message 4 of 7 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9712 posts

Feb 28, 2013
It doesn't need backwards compatibility with PS3 disk games. But it does need to be able to play downloaded PS3 and PSN games.
Message 5 of 7 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16824 posts

Feb 28, 2013

thefutureomega wrote:
It must have backwards compatibility to play my PS3 games at no additional cost or subscription plan. When I buy a new PC I still get to play my older games. I've made a nice collection on Steam and no matter what I upgrade to I will still be able to play my collection. Being able to build a game library is important. The fear that people will not buy new titles when they can play their older games is unfounded. Great games drive sales not the scarcity of games.

For god sakes, THEN KEEP YOUR PS3!

Furiously Chaosing
Message 6 of 7 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Party chat like the 360 has ! That is a must for me !! No more of this VOIP crap.

Message 7 of 7 (46 Views)
0 Likes