Jul 07 2010
By: gojeff99 Uncharted Territory 1325 posts

Things that should auto download.

15 replies 13 views Edited Jul 7, 2010

The auto download is nice but I was just expecting a little more out of it.  I think these items listed below should auto download or have the option to auto download them.

1.  Qore

2.  Pulse

3.  All free content for plus users.   avatars, minis, ect,  but not full game demos or normal demos.

What do you guys think?  I was expecting this stuff to auto download so I was kinda suprized when it didn't.  Please add these things then plus would realy be worth it.   I have 25meg internet so just the game patches are not a big deal for me as patches dont come out very often and it dosent take me long to download but saving me the hassle of downloading all the stuff above in my eyes would make plus worth it.

MVP
Message 1 of 16 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2752 posts

Re: Things that should auto download.

Jul 7, 2010
how bout anything that is in your download queue?
Photobucket
Message 2 of 16 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1325 posts

Jul 7, 2010

I think if its not paused it will download what you have downloading but I dont know.  but If you already have it downloading then why not just use the auto download, install, shut down thing?

MVP
Message 3 of 16 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1325 posts

Jul 7, 2010

if you agree post you do.  mabye they will add suport for this then Smiley Happy  or if you have ideas also.

MVP
Message 4 of 16 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Jul 8, 2010

I agree with Qore and Pulse ... but don't want to auto-download everything that's free.

I'd rather not auto-get a bunch of themes or avatars that I'll never use ... those things are small anyways, so Auto-Download isn't that big a deal ...

But I would really really appreciate a setting somewhere to check/uncheck auto-DL for Qore and Pulse.

... and on a side note ... I'm still wondering if it'll auto-DL while I'm folding proteins ... anybody know?

----
There are 10 types of people. Those that understand binary, and those that do not.

PlayStation.Blog | PS3-System-Updates |
Message 5 of 16 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Jul 8, 2010

Ziaholic wrote:

... and on a side note ... I'm still wondering if it'll auto-DL while I'm folding proteins ... anybody know?

It won't, your PS3 needs to be in standby mode for it to start.

Message 6 of 16 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1325 posts

Jul 8, 2010

Well I payed for plus to get the free items so yes I think that stuff should download also.  but not the themes.

MVP
Message 7 of 16 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Jul 8, 2010

gojeff99 wrote:

Well I payed for plus to get the free items so yes I think that stuff should download also.  but not the themes.

I wouldn't mind it auto downloading themes and avatars along with everything else, since they are only 1-2mb each and are easily removed if we don't want them.

Message 8 of 16 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Jul 9, 2010

Better yet, how about a list of options of what we can auto DL then we can pick what we want.

That way people who want certain things to auto dl but not others can have their way.

Everyone wins.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 16 (13 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Jul 9, 2010

zAnxiety wrote:

Better yet, how about a list of options of what we can auto DL then we can pick what we want.

That way people who want certain things to auto dl but not others can have their way.

Everyone wins.

For everyone who agrees with this, vote here: http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/07/08/ps-automatic-downloads-give-us-options/

I noticed this idea was posted recently and gave it a thumbs up.

Message 10 of 16 (13 Views)