Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Apr 05 2013
By: Numbuh808 First Son 7 posts
Offline

Things That Tick Me Off About the PS Vita

10 replies 376 views Edited Apr 5, 2013

I'm new to the forums, so this is my first post.

On to business.

 

#1. This is one of the things that really gets on my nerves, so I'm just going to start with this one. Why aren't we able to transfer files to and from the Vita with Windows Explorer? Why is it that we are forced to use the content manager to check off songs that we want to add to the Vita? For me, who is use to PSP, I honestly think that using Windows Explorer to copy and tranfer files a lot simpler, and less annoying.

 

#2. Why must I be signed in to PlayStation Network on both devices to transfer files between my PS3 and my Vita? So I'm getting a new memory card for my PS Vita, and I want to transfer the application data for PlayStation All Stars Battle Royal to my PS3, so I can add it to 32GB card I'm getting. I have a rolling issue with connectivity, so sometimes I'm unable to sign in to PSN on my PS3. It's really annoying to know that I can't sync the devices if I NEEEEEEEED to be signed in.

 

#3. I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but when I'm trying to delete a few albums of music at once, once the count of songs deleted reaches 101/total, it stops completely. It stopped deleting the songs for 10 whole minutes, of which I figured that it wouldn't continue. I tapped cancel, but when I did that, the PS Vita was stuck loading. Really, is there's a limit to the amount of songs we can delete from the system?

 

These are the three things that really get on my nerves on the Vita. I'm not bashing or anything, but some of these things are just really ridiculous.

 photo RioichiCooperBanner_zpsf37b2096.png
"Though the bamboo forest is dense, water flows through it without effort."
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (376 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 09/07/2012
Online
1096 posts
 

Re: Things That Tick Me Off About the PS Vita

Apr 5, 2013

Numbuh808 wrote:

I'm new to the forums, so this is my first post.

On to business.

 

#1. This is one of the things that really gets on my nerves, so I'm just going to start with this one. Why aren't we able to transfer files to and from the Vita with Windows Explorer? Why is it that we are forced to use the content manager to check off songs that we want to add to the Vita? For me, who is use to PSP, I honestly think that using Windows Explorer to copy and tranfer files a lot simpler, and less annoying.

 

#2. Why must I be signed in to PlayStation Network on both devices to transfer files between my PS3 and my Vita? So I'm getting a new memory card for my PS Vita, and I want to transfer the application data for PlayStation All Stars Battle Royal to my PS3, so I can add it to 32GB card I'm getting. I have a rolling issue with connectivity, so sometimes I'm unable to sign in to PSN on my PS3. It's really annoying to know that I can't sync the devices if I NEEEEEEEED to be signed in.

 

#3. I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but when I'm trying to delete a few albums of music at once, once the count of songs deleted reaches 101/total, it stops completely. It stopped deleting the songs for 10 whole minutes, of which I figured that it wouldn't continue. I tapped cancel, but when I did that, the PS Vita was stuck loading. Really, is there's a limit to the amount of songs we can delete from the system?

 

These are the three things that really get on my nerves on the Vita. I'm not bashing or anything, but some of these things are just really ridiculous.


 #1: Sony and Microsoft don't like each other, that's why you must use content manager and not Windows explorer.

 

#2: You must be signed in when you transfer games (or the store has to be up) to confirm that you purchased said games and are       not running a hack.

 

#3: The Vita is for games first, music and such is second, so don't expect the itunes experience, for that you need an ipod. Being able to have music on your Vita is pretty much just an added bonus.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (370 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 04/05/2013
Offline
7 posts
 

Re: Things That Tick Me Off About the PS Vita

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

#3: The Vita is for games first, music and such is second, so don't expect the itunes experience, for that you need an ipod. Being able to have music on your Vita is pretty much just an added bonus.


 

 

#3. Granted that I didn't get an itunes experience on my PSP, I don't expect the same for Vita. However as it appears to be an upgraded PSP, therefor I have reason to expect more capabilities in music. So to be able to delete more than one song at once is great, but be limited by 101, or else my vita will freeze? I have an iPod, and on which you can't delete more than one album or artist at the same time, but you can on the Vita. I wish to utilize a feature on my Vita, and I can't.

 photo RioichiCooperBanner_zpsf37b2096.png
"Though the bamboo forest is dense, water flows through it without effort."
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (360 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 09/07/2012
Online
1096 posts
 

Re: Things That Tick Me Off About the PS Vita

Apr 5, 2013

I do understand your point of view, but you have to consider who developed the system and where their priorities were at that time. It is quite possible that something will be done in the future to enhance the music features on the Vita.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (347 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/17/2011
Offline
1670 posts
 

Re: Things That Tick Me Off About the PS Vita

Apr 5, 2013

Numbuh808 wrote:

#3: The Vita is for games first, music and such is second, so don't expect the itunes experience, for that you need an ipod. Being able to have music on your Vita is pretty much just an added bonus.


 

 

#3. Granted that I didn't get an itunes experience on my PSP, I don't expect the same for Vita. However as it appears to be an upgraded PSP, therefor I have reason to expect more capabilities in music. So to be able to delete more than one song at once is great, but be limited by 101, or else my vita will freeze? I have an iPod, and on which you can't delete more than one album or artist at the same time, but you can on the Vita. I wish to utilize a feature on my Vita, and I can't.


How about not deleting 101 music files at once?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (329 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 04/05/2013
Offline
7 posts
 

Re: Things That Tick Me Off About the PS Vita

Apr 5, 2013

TMAZT3R wrote:

Numbuh808 wrote:

#3: The Vita is for games first, music and such is second, so don't expect the itunes experience, for that you need an ipod. Being able to have music on your Vita is pretty much just an added bonus.


 

 

#3. Granted that I didn't get an itunes experience on my PSP, I don't expect the same for Vita. However as it appears to be an upgraded PSP, therefor I have reason to expect more capabilities in music. So to be able to delete more than one song at once is great, but be limited by 101, or else my vita will freeze? I have an iPod, and on which you can't delete more than one album or artist at the same time, but you can on the Vita. I wish to utilize a feature on my Vita, and I can't.


How about not deleting 101 music files at once?


You're serious, right? Of course you are. Okay, well let me explain. If Sony doesn't want you to delete more than 101 files, why is it possible to check off more than 101 songs? Why do we need to learn without finding something like that in the manual?

 photo RioichiCooperBanner_zpsf37b2096.png
"Though the bamboo forest is dense, water flows through it without effort."
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (327 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/15/2012
Offline
188 posts
 

Re: Things That Tick Me Off About the PS Vita

Apr 5, 2013

Numbuh808 wrote:

TMAZT3R wrote:

How about not deleting 101 music files at once?


You're serious, right? Of course you are. Okay, well let me explain. If Sony doesn't want you to delete more than 101 files, why is it possible to check off more than 101 songs? Why do we need to learn without finding something like that in the manual?


Good point! I hope they fix that with a system update. I had problems with playing videos before (it also get stuck loading videos if the vita doesn't support) with vita but its no big deal. I read that my problem was fixed.

 

The system is fairly new, give it a little time. You already know a work around for this issue so for the mean time stick with it. Thanks for letting everyone know.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (309 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/21/2005
Offline
991 posts
 

Re: Things That Tick Me Off About the PS Vita

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

i think the reason you cant use windows to transfer files, is a way to prevent people from loading files, to hack the vita, you hsould be happy they did this, that way developers arent scared of having their games pirated, and in return, we get alot of games! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (304 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Online
15437 posts
 

Re: Things That Tick Me Off About the PS Vita

Apr 5, 2013

Numbuh808 wrote: Why do we need to learn without finding something like that in the manual?

Because thats what manuals are for?

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (294 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 04/05/2013
Offline
7 posts
 

Re: Things That Tick Me Off About the PS Vita

Apr 5, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Numbuh808 wrote: Why do we need to learn without finding something like that in the manual?

Because thats what manuals are for?


Do you see anything specific as such in the manual? That's my point.

 photo RioichiCooperBanner_zpsf37b2096.png
"Though the bamboo forest is dense, water flows through it without effort."
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (239 Views)
Reply
0 Likes