Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
2846 posts

Re: They should continue making BC ps3..

Feb 5, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

How hard is it to buy a used B/C PS3 or PS1 or PS2? 

How hard is it for Sony to put a PS2 emulator chip on the PS3's motherboard? It costs five cents. The reason why Sony gets away with this is because there will always be people like you who make excuses for them.

PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
1,700+ followers | 100+ subscribers
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 21 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4131 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

MaD3mAn8415 wrote:

it sucks that there are no more BC ps3's, they really were the best ones out there just because they could play ps1/ps2 games..i think they should bring those models back.

I think demand for a PS3 that can run PS2 games is a lot lower than you realize. Most people have moved on by now, and those who haven't can always buy HD remakes and PS2 classics on PSN...

Oh, the demand is there for running ps2-classics on the ps3 -- the sales of aggressively non-advertised repackaged releases on the psn prove that much.

Of course, the worst part is that Sony has an extremely well-crafted emulator running over the Cell-processor already for ps2 games. But, in Sony's infinite well of stupidity, they've dredged up the one solution that is too expensive both for Sony as well as the customers. Which, I am certain, is by design.

Meanwhile, glib dismissal of anything that doesn't come directly from Sony HQ by MVP sychophants is in an as low demand as ever.

But I'm sure you're going to have a field-day when the ps4 crashes and burns together with your focus-group approval. So have fun.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 21 (103 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24760 posts

Feb 5, 2013

semajmarc87 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

How hard is it for Sony to put a PS2 emulator chip on the PS3's motherboard? It costs five cents. The reason why Sony gets away with this is because there will always be people like you who make excuses for them.

And you know this how? And "it just does" isn't an acceptable answer.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 21 (98 Views)
PlayStation MVP
24760 posts

Feb 5, 2013

fleinn wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

MaD3mAn8415 wrote:

it sucks that there are no more BC ps3's, they really were the best ones out there just because they could play ps1/ps2 games..i think they should bring those models back.

I think demand for a PS3 that can run PS2 games is a lot lower than you realize. Most people have moved on by now, and those who haven't can always buy HD remakes and PS2 classics on PSN...

Oh, the demand is there for running ps2-classics on the ps3 -- the sales of aggressively non-advertised repackaged releases on the psn prove that much.

Of course, the worst part is that Sony has an extremely well-crafted emulator running over the Cell-processor already for ps2 games. But, in Sony's infinite well of stupidity, they've dredged up the one solution that is too expensive both for Sony as well as the customers. Which, I am certain, is by design.

Meanwhile, glib dismissal of anything that doesn't come directly from Sony HQ by MVP sychophants is in an as low demand as ever.

But I'm sure you're going to have a field-day when the ps4 crashes and burns together with your focus-group approval. So have fun.

How difficult is it for people to understand that they don't make money when you play your ten year old PS2 games? They need to sell PS3 games because the console is a LOSS LEADER. If I were to guess, the profit margin on the repackaged PS2 games isn't that high either.

Despite what the gamer community and the gamer cognoscenti want to believe, this is a BUSINESS. They're not making games and consoles for the betterment of the community, nor are they to bring games to the masses.

These discussions always remind me of the musicians I've always dealt with who resent Gibson Guitars for being a $50 million dollar a year company, and for pricing their guitars for over $2,000, as if they were deliberately spiting them, and keeping instruments out of their hands. They're not. Gibson, much like Sony, BMW, or any other corporation, conducts their business to make a profit. There's nothing inherently evil about it. This whole idea that Sony exists to bring video games to the downtrodden masses is a canard of the highest order.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 21 (94 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15466 posts

Feb 5, 2013

FreeInformation wrote:

@CaptainAlbator

and how hard is it for you to break free of supportin sonys stupidity????

And how hard is it for you to stop posting misinformation and trolling? Do you even hear yourself think what you're about about to say before you actually say it? 

My new Wii U is backwards compatable with Wii games but not game cube games but im sure they can emulate it on wii u.

Because the Wii U is nothing but an enhanced Wii.... theres nothing special about the Wii U... I own one... the only difference is that it can do HD resolution and has that fancy iPad of a controller. its not hard to do if you're only just "enhancing" what you already have.

If Nintendo did not give a rats a** about Wii sales and allow full backwards compatability why wont sony? oh right there just a bunch of greedy twerps!!

Because one again... its nothing but an enhanced console to keep up with the HD resolutions for the most part....

My 360, Wii and Wii U all have BW compatability

The X360 is not B/C at all because M$ deemed it too difficult to emulate the original Xbox hardware through software emulation. The games that WILL play on X360 were BEFORE M$ abandoned the idea, which was 5-6 years ago. Go ahead, compile the list of games the X360 will play....

The Wii and Wii U are B/C with Gamecube games because the console itself is underpowered and Nintendo sells them at a profit to begin with. Also the hardware hasn't changed much since the gamecube. Literally uses outdated and off the shelf processors...

It would behoove you to know the details.

you said "How difficult is it for people to understand that they don't make money when you play your ten year old PS2 games?" THEN WHY THE FU** DOES PS3 HAVE PS1 EMULATION???

Because the PS1 is easily emulated through software.... the PS2 hardware is NOT.... that is why the 20/60Gb models had the Emotion Engine and Graphics Synthesizer which were 100% B/C and the 80Gb model had an 85% B/C rate when it only have one PS2 processor and the other was done through software emulation. Which is where the lower percentage of compatible games cames from. And even then, a lot of PS1 and PS2 games have had issues playing on the PS3... from graphical bugs and freezes to just out-right not being able to play.

You're simply ignorant/blind to the fact that there is a REASON why Sony abandoned B/C from the PS3. You simply refuse to acknowledge it so you can have something to argue about.

i asure you there ar ppl wo have a desire to play PS2 games on PS3 and why do we need to buy a PS2 from gamestop or a PS3 1st gen.. it dont make sense
 its more comviniant to play PS2 games on a PS3 without having 2 go throu all those wires and swapping signals every so often you just defend sony cause your such a fanboy to them there always right and its up to u to suck up to them

No.... thats only whining and moaning from the lazy idiots such as yourself

Spoken like a true troll... You should get back under the bridge before you hurt yourself

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 21 (72 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15466 posts

Feb 5, 2013

fleinn wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

MaD3mAn8415 wrote:

Just because theres people like you to profess such a market, doesn't necessarily mean that its viable.....

"the sales of aggressively non-advertised repackaged releases on the psn prove that much"
What does that even mean? Thats a contradiction of sorts....

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 21 (71 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15466 posts

Feb 5, 2013

semajmarc87 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Where is your proof? I'd love to see it....

But it wasn't about cost of implementation.... it was about SALES..... As I previously explained, in order for Sony to make a profit on the PS3, they have to sell PS3 GAMES. Sony cannot make money with the PS3 if people buy a PS3 and only use it to play PS1 and PS2 games...

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 21 (69 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15466 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Why does this issue continue to pop-up?

This is the only thing that you guys are doing...

Beating-a-dead-horse

Nothing you will say or do will bring the horse back to life...

TO be honest, this have been talked about for so many years, FROM THE SAME PEOPLE, that the horse is nothing but a pool of mush.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 21 (66 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15466 posts

Feb 5, 2013

FreeInformation wrote:

FreeInformation wrote:

@CaptainAlbator

and how hard is it for you to break free of supportin sonys stupidity????

And how hard is it for you to stop posting misinformation and trolling? Do you even hear yourself think what you're about about to say before you actually say it?

""you didnt even nswer the question"

My new Wii U is backwards compatable with Wii games but not game cube games but im sure they can emulate it on wii u.

Because the Wii U is nothing but an enhanced Wii.... theres nothing special about the Wii U... I own one... the only difference is that it can do HD resolution and has that fancy iPad of a controller. its not hard to do if you're only just "enhancing" what you already have.

""Its new hardware and a new 8 gen console so of course i was going to buy it its the deluxe black"

If Nintendo did not give a rats a** about Wii sales and allow full backwards compatability why wont sony? oh right there just a bunch of greedy twerps!!

Because one again... its nothing but an enhanced console to keep up with the HD resolutions for the most part....

"At least it has BW compatability"

My 360, Wii and Wii U all have BW compatability

The X360 is not B/C at all because M$ deemed it too difficult to emulate the original Xbox hardware through software emulation. The games that WILL play on X360 were BEFORE M$ abandoned the idea, which was 5-6 years ago. Go ahead, compile the list of games the X360 will play....

The Wii and Wii U are B/C with Gamecube games because the console itself is underpowered and Nintendo sells them at a profit to begin with. Also the hardware hasn't changed much since the gamecube. Literally uses outdated and off the shelf processors...

It would behoove you to know the details.

"Fine it DID i left DID out, X360 was fun using old games especially on LIVE i wouldnt know i have not played a X original game since they stopped X original live support" "Isnt the PS2 underpowered to the PS3 also? why is it so hard for them to simply do a software update cause softwares CAN do emulation"

you said "How difficult is it for people to understand that they don't make money when you play your ten year old PS2 games?" THEN WHY THE FU** DOES PS3 HAVE PS1 EMULATION???

Because the PS1 is easily emulated through software.... the PS2 hardware is NOT.... that is why the 20/60Gb models had the Emotion Engine and Graphics Synthesizer which were 100% B/C and the 80Gb model had an 85% B/C rate when it only have one PS2 processor and the other was done through software emulation. Which is where the lower percentage of compatible games cames from. And even then, a lot of PS1 and PS2 games have had issues playing on the PS3... from graphical bugs and freezes to just out-right not being able to play.

You're simply ignorant/blind to the fact that there is a REASON why Sony abandoned B/C from the PS3. You simply refuse to acknowledge it so you can have something to argue about.

"Oh wow then.. PS1 emulation should had been gone at the first place? It was a huge thing with PS2 and PS1 emulation hmm maybe it was a mistake no wonder Ken Kutaragi got his a** fired"

i asure you there ar ppl wo have a desire to play PS2 games on PS3 and why do we need to buy a PS2 from gamestop or a PS3 1st gen.. it dont make sense
 its more comviniant to play PS2 games on a PS3 without having 2 go throu all those wires and swapping signals every so often you just defend sony cause your such a fanboy to them there always right and its up to u to suck up to them

No.... thats only whining and moaning from the lazy idiots such as yourself

"Yes there are"

Spoken like a true troll... You should get back under the bridge before you hurt yourself

You dumb lifeless freak you spend all this time corecting me so much you make yourself look foolish seriously have a answer spit it out i dont care if you try to correct me so much you just prove the nerd you are

So now you take the offensive when you're proven wrong.... typical troll logic... start spouting insignificant insults until you get your way just to try and prove your own point.

Seriously, go home troll.... theres plenty of fish in the river you can bite heads off of.... your mouth is too small to try and bite mine off.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 21 (66 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15466 posts

Feb 5, 2013

FreeInformation wrote: why do you keep saying troll i still dont know what it means and tend to not care what ever your life is here in this forums you lifeless weirdo most users here dont even have a life so i understand you no one likes you i mean if you have a life "false" why are you on this site all the time and do you even play your PS3?????

Ignorant to the bitter end huh? 

If you're home, what are you doing awake at 4am? I have an excuse to be awake... I am at work, taking my hour break which is almost over.

Yes, i use my PS3.

I am on here all the time, because the nature of my work allows me to do so.

You can keep playing dumb, and spout insults, but you're only affecting yourself letting other people know how much of an idiot you make yourself out to be.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 21 (59 Views)
0 Likes