Jul 02 2010
By: HeartyBowl Lombax Warrior 179 posts

They are going to make so much money with PSN +

26 replies 7 views Edited Jul 2, 2010

They will make lots of money with it and you technically won't save any money.

If you get psn + and you don't buy any games eligible for psn + discount then you already lost money.

If you get psn + and you don't buy games at all then you already lost money.

If you buy a bunch of games eligible for psn + discount then you already lost money.

why?

because you know how hoarders or pack rats will go to the market and stock up on stuff they don't need

just because they are on sale? well this is kinda like the same thing.

you will most likely buy games that you would have never bought if you didn't have psn + because that discount just looks tasty.

For example. You see this game that is normally $15 but psn + discount makes it $13 and you buy it just because you want to take advantage

of the discount. well you just spent 13 that you wouldn't have spent without psn +... you just payed 13 dollars. you see how playstation is making lots of money here?

you may say well if i buy like 10 games on the psn  that would normally cost $100 but with the psn + it costs $85 dollars then that means you saved $15 right? well truth is you would probably only buy around 2 of those 10 games you bought with the discount.

so let's say you bought those 2 games without the discount and it came to $20 you just saved the other $65 that you would have wasted

on games you won't play longer than 2 weeks.

get what im saying?

Message 1 of 27 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Re: They are going to make so much money with PSN +

Jul 2, 2010

Sony isn't allowed to make a profit?

I don't quite understand the point of this post.

Message 2 of 27 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
612 posts

Jul 2, 2010

Yes but you do understand that discounts are only a part of the service right? What you're pointing out about it "not saving but costing you money" is absolutley true. I bought Magic Orbz yesterday, a game I had wanted but the PSN prices have always seemed a bit much for what you get. I got it and the DLC for $8 instead of $18 a great deal at that point. I also got age of zombies and wipeout HD yes I don't "own" them but I'm sure a year (i'll probably renew anyways if it stays as good as this first month) is long enough to play those games. In the end I will probably spend $100 (subscription fee inc) on psn a year, but by getting all these small games I'm much less likely to go out and rent or buy games I'm vaugley interested in, which will in the end save me money actually. I know this won't be the case for everyone but buying games is going to cost you money regardless you may be spending more money, but you'll be getting more games. Man this post is longer than I meant it to be haha.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 27 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9679 posts

Jul 2, 2010

I don't get the point either, but Sony will be making some mad money with Plus.

Message 4 of 27 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
633 posts

Jul 2, 2010

Just another PS+ is bad thread.

GoFlyAKite - Deapool Tag
Message 5 of 27 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1601 posts

Jul 2, 2010

manley4 wrote:

And someone with 10 post..

Please please please understand the features of + before posting what you know about it; it seems that almost 90% of bad threads doesen't know math.,.

Also; keep in mind that PS+ was targeted for hardcore players OR people new to PS

JOB: Electronic Arts QA Tester

Message 6 of 27 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Jul 2, 2010
only looking at the 1st month and only at wipe out a $20 video game which i have for a minimum of 15 months. i have already "gained" back 5 months and a bit because each month only cost me like $3.50. so if only 1 decent game comes every 5 months then the service is worth it. for me seeing i %20 off a bad game isn't gona make me want it more, where as hopefully when the store is updated tuesday we will see things like the new MW2 map pack discounted(i hope so , or say assassins creed DLC. if i get a buck or two knocked off then i get another month of plus "free"
(this isn't including minis, add ons ,themes,avatars )
Message 7 of 27 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

Jul 2, 2010

I only purchase games I want and so far with Plus I've already saved $37 on the games I purchased through it and the free dlc.  I really enjoy a lot of the PSN games and the three I bought were games I was already interested in. 

Message 8 of 27 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 2, 2010

I personally don't get the point of PS+ considering the main draw for me to get a PS3 was the fact that PSN is free... Xbox Live is such a ripoff, so I was surprised to see Sony coming out with a service that's the same price. That said, at least Sony offers discounts on their content, unlike Xbox Live that still charges a crapload of money in addition to the charges for the Live service itself.

If you play a lot of PSN games, or are seriously interested in the betas and such, PS+ is for you. If not, it's not a mandatory fee, so you don't have to buy it. Just be thankful that PS+ is an optional charge with actual perks that come with it, as opposed to a mandatory charge required for online play.

Props to the OP for being an educated consumer, but you didn't need to make an entire thread about it imo.

Message 9 of 27 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9679 posts

Jul 2, 2010

MGO_Count wrote:

manley4 wrote:

And someone with 10 post..

Please please please understand the features of + before posting what you know about it; it seems that almost 90% of bad threads doesen't know math.,.

Also; keep in mind that PS+ was targeted for hardcore players OR people new to PS

Yeah, it's for all gamers a like.

Message 10 of 27 (7 Views)
0 Likes