Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Re: They are going to make so much money with PSN +

Jul 2, 2010

MGO_Count wrote:

manley4 wrote:

Just another PS+ is bad thread.

And someone with 10 post..

Please please please understand the features of + before posting what you know about it; it seems that almost 90% of bad threads doesen't know math.,.

Also; keep in mind that PS+ was targeted for hardcore players OR people new to PS

Uhhhh if you're such a "hardcore" player why haven't you already purchased the content they put up?
...Please don't tell me you already owned Wipeout HD.

Message 11 of 27 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Jul 2, 2010

ProfessorTripp wrote:

Sony isn't allowed to make a profit?

I don't quite understand the point of this post.

i wasn't really saying that it's bad. i think it's a smart idea, i was really just analyzing it.

footballrule wrote:
I don't get the point either, but Sony will be making some mad money with Plus.

the point is that sony will be making some mad money with plus. so you do get the point

fireflyflanatic wrote:
I only purchase games I want and so far with Plus I've already saved $37 on the games I purchased through it and the free dlc.  I really enjoy a lot of the PSN games and the three I bought were games I was already interested in.

you said "and the three i bought were games i was already interested." exactly, the rest you were not interested at the moment but playstation plus opened your eyes (metaphorically ofcourse) to new games and attracted you like bugs are attracted to lights. so you bought a few extra games that you did not plan on buying thus putting more money into their pocket. their plan is working perfectly.

Message 12 of 27 (27 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 2, 2010
Well HeartyBowl, I may be one of the only ones who actually get what you're saying. Not that PS+ is necessarily a bad thing. Hell I'm signing up myself in a few days, but it is a smart move by Sony.
Message 13 of 27 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Jul 2, 2010

cool, finally someone gets it

Message 14 of 27 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1601 posts

Jul 2, 2010

SoCalJunglism wrote:

MGO_Count wrote:

manley4 wrote:

Please please please understand the features of + before posting what you know about it; it seems that almost 90% of bad threads doesen't know math.,.

Also; keep in mind that PS+ was targeted for hardcore players OR people new to PS

Uhhhh if you're such a "hardcore" player why haven't you already purchased the content they put up?

Sense; this makes none

JOB: Electronic Arts QA Tester

Message 15 of 27 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
612 posts

Jul 2, 2010

jayvo2008 wrote:
Well HeartyBowl, I may be one of the only ones who actually get what you're saying. Not that PS+ is necessarily a bad thing. Hell I'm signing up myself in a few days, but it is a smart move by Sony.

I get what he is saying I just don't know why he's saying it. You're not looking for discussion on you're observation, mearly just obsevering. It makes for a pointless post.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 27 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Jul 2, 2010

GTCarlson wrote:

jayvo2008 wrote:

I get what he is saying I just don't know why he's saying it. You're not looking for discussion on you're observation, mearly just obsevering. It makes for a pointless post.

ok carlson. you want discussion value i'll give you discussion value.

for discussion value, discuss your opinion on playstation plus. what you like and don't like

Message 17 of 27 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Jul 2, 2010

long story short, if you go crazy and run up your CC bill with useless crap, you dont want your gona lose money. if you buy thing you do want, youll come out even and if u use plus to its full advantages, buying game you want at a discount with free addons/dlc ypu come out ahead. example : cubic is 7.99 with plus $2 saved right there then i get 3 DLCs for the game free saving me another $11 but thats only money saved IF you were already going to buy it  

Message 18 of 27 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
612 posts

Jul 2, 2010

HeartyBowl wrote:

GTCarlson wrote:

jayvo2008 wrote:

ok carlson. you want discussion value i'll give you discussion value.

for discussion value, discuss your opinion on playstation plus. what you like and don't like

I think every facet to PS+ has it's ups and down.

I compleatly agree that the games being on sale makes me far more likely to buy games I wouldn't normally, that in itself is a plus and minus. I might find some games I really enjoy and I'll build my collection I love having options and sometimes those simple $10 are just what I'm looking for. I also may waste money on buches of games I don't really want or enjoy I just hope I have a little more self controll than that and don't buy it because it's half price.

The free games being random (well pre picked) each month is something that can go very very wrong especially if PS+ members don't get any platform for suggestions of content. I do like however that I will get 3 or 4 games a month that a picked for me and I don't have to pay and they just show up on my PS3 at the start of the month.

Automatic downloads is a really nice idea, to bad it doesn't work at the moment and that it will currently update only recently played games. I'll probably manually patch my games more often than not. I've said this in other threads it should update all games I have in my game data folder so if I don't play it for a while I don't need to downlaod 3 updates. It really depends when the content is released for it, if it means on the PS store update day I'll already have demos and videos downloaded when I come home, great....unfortunatley it doesn't look like it will work that way. This a wait and see feature. Useless at the moment could be great.

PS lack of communication and explination of features is so far my only "problem" with the service.

I think PS+ has the potential to be a great service with all they have announced so far, it just really depends on their game choices and if evolve the Auto downloads feature. I think you're right I'm going to spend more money, and Sony is going to make lots of money, I just hope this won't negitively affect free PSN (which I think it will in the long run). In the end I will spend more on the PSN thats for sure, I'll tell myself I saved, but deep down I know I'm lying haha. Is it worth though? Absolutley. I'll build a huge library of downloadable games for $50. (+ any other PSN games I decide to buy)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 27 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jul 2, 2010

MGO_Count wrote:

SoCalJunglism wrote:

MGO_Count wrote:

manley4 wrote:

Sense; this makes none

To clarify; if you consider yourself a "hardcore" PSN user you most likely own 90% of the crap they're giving away for "free". Wipeout, PSX Classics, Minis, avatars. If you don't own that stuff and you consider yourself a "hardcore" user then obviously you aren't one, as most of the stuff they've given out so far is either older material or heavily purchased material by people like yourself.

Message 20 of 27 (27 Views)
0 Likes