PlayStation MVP
16332 posts

Re: There won't be extended warranty for PS4

Aug 31, 2013

OP, you need to provide a link. 

Otherwise, without proof, no one cares or believes you.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 21 of 30 (3,861 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6593 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote: blah blah blah, unconfirmed, no actual links just a generic link to their warranty plan page.

Thats false....

Sony only offers 2 years extended warranty for PS3's. 

And they don't offer 5 year warranty for every product they make.... you have to fall in a certain category of product and also fall into a certain time to be eligible.

Don't spread false information unless you FULLY know the details. The PS4 isn't even LISTED.

Did  you look at the products coverd.  i dont know about you but it seem like just about all the lastest  sony producuts  covered to 3-5yrs warranties to the consumer choice? I guess  you did not  look, nothing is  false but what your saying/ I say again  go look .. Ps4 does not have to  be listed , becuase it not out  as a product ( which is common sence) and sony make extended warranties for it products. Is ps4 not a sony product, why would they neglect it from  these warranty deals when these warrenty' are on  each  company  product in policy , ps4 will be no different to do in this policy in planning.  If  you can tell me how so.  Then show me how?

So lets  put this together for you to understand.. this is written policy of sony warrenty products made for it current products from tv's to video games to cell phone to head sets.   thank you.. Btw put those   blah blah blah words in  your own immature mouth not mines thank you.!

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 22 of 30 (3,844 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

Sep 1, 2013

its sad that a speculative rumor with no sources whatsover gets more replies than a thread seeking actual help does here....

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 23 of 30 (3,833 Views)
PlayStation MVP
16332 posts

Sep 1, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote: blah blah blah, unconfirmed, no actual links just a generic link to their warranty plan page.

Thats false....

And they don't offer 5 year warranty for every product they make.... you have to fall in a certain category of product and also fall into a certain time to be eligible.

Don't spread false information unless you FULLY know the details. The PS4 isn't even LISTED.

did u  look at the products coverd.  i dont about yiu but it seem likejust about all the lastest  sony producuts  covered to 3-5yrs warranties to the consumer choice? I guess  you did not  look, nothing is  false but what your saying/ I say again  go look .. Ps4 does nott have to  be listed , becuase it not out  as a product ( which is common sence) and sony make extended warranties for it products. Is ps4 not a sony product, why would neglect it from  these warranty deals when these warrenty'  on  each  company  product in policy , ps4 will be no different to  do in this policy in planning.  If tell me how so. show me how?

So lets  put that together for you to understand this is written policy of sony warrenty products made for it current products from tvvs to video games to cell phone to head sets.   thank you.. Btw put those   blah bla blah word in  your  immature mouth not mines thank you.!

You have to be specific in shopping for a Sony extended warranty, one of the first things they ask you to do is punch in your date of purchase. Even if you put todays date, you're not going to see a PS3 in there. Because Sony offers a different warranty plan for it. 

PS4 is not listed because its not even released yet.... Just because their policy is all encompassing does not directly mean it applies to EVERYTHING they make.... as a person who "owns/runs their own business" one would think you would know better.

But you know.... following this link would have made you more aware of what you're getting into....
http://us.playstation.com/support/protection-plan/index.htm

They even have a phone number you can call so you can confirm. 
Sony is doesn't offer a 5 year extended warranty plan for Playstation. Call them. 
Or maybe, when you buy a PS4, you apply for it and when they find out you bought a PS4, your coverage is denied. 

Your strawman's are weak, and are usually based out of assumptions and no actual homework.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 24 of 30 (3,823 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
525 posts

Sep 1, 2013
This is not true. I was on the phone with support yesterday and before I got off she offered me a warranty for my ps3. I asked if there would be one I could buy for my PS4. She told me yes but they don't have prices figured out yet.
Message 25 of 30 (3,819 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Sep 1, 2013
This guy must be trolling, because believing Sony won't offer an extended warranty is somewhat easy, but I just can't blindly believe that Sony is willing to extend the standard manufacturers warranty to 2 years for all new PS4's.
Please source this "confirmed" information for me if you don't mind.
Message 26 of 30 (3,810 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Sep 1, 2013

I was wondering how much warranty there would be on the PS4 so i e-mailed Sony customer service and they said it would be 2 years of standard warranty and there won't be extended warranty for sale.

Message 27 of 30 (3,800 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Sep 1, 2013

What is this supposed to mean? I'm talking about PS4 not playstation service plan.

Message 28 of 30 (3,800 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
525 posts

Sep 1, 2013
The lady I talked to said they would be offering an additional warranty. Site your source!
Message 29 of 30 (3,785 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6593 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Thats false....

did u  look at the products coverd.  i dont about yiu but it seem likejust about all the lastest  sony producuts  covered to 3-5yrs warranties to the consumer choice? I guess  you did not  look, nothing is  false but what your saying/ I say again  go look .. Ps4 does nott have to  be listed , becuase it not out  as a product ( which is common sence) and sony make extended warranties for it products. Is ps4 not a sony product, why would neglect it from  these warranty deals when these warrenty'  on  each  company  product in policy , ps4 will be no different to  do in this policy in planning.  If tell me how so. show me how?

So lets  put that together for you to understand this is written policy of sony warrenty products made for it current products from tvvs to video games to cell phone to head sets.   thank you.. Btw put those   blah bla blah word in  your  immature mouth not mines thank you.!

You have to be specific in shopping for a Sony extended warranty, one of the first things they ask you to do is punch in your date of purchase. Even if you put todays date, you're not going to see a PS3 in there. Because Sony offers a different warranty plan for it. 

PS4 is not listed because its not even released yet.... Just because their policy is all encompassing does not directly mean it applies to EVERYTHING they make.... as a person who "owns/runs their own business" one would think you would know better.

But you know.... following this link would have made you more aware of what you're getting into....
http://us.playstation.com/support/protection-plan/index.htm

They even have a phone number you can call so you can confirm. 
Sony is doesn't offer a 5 year extended warranty plan for Playstation. Call them. 
Or maybe, when you buy a PS4, you apply for it and when they find out you bought a PS4, your coverage is denied. 

Your strawman's are weak, and are usually based out of assumptions and no actual homework.

Are you pretendng to be stupid or just Bird in this matter.?? These are  extended warrantys on sony current products(ps3 slim included)Before your  basic warrenty expires for 2 yrs ,you can pick one of these warrantys . When ps4 becomes live. ITs a no brainer they put it on this policy becuase it they've spent billions on this warranty policy. You have to be pretending, to be  stupid or bird to think they would  not give  the ps4  this extended warranty policy in the same fashion as the rest of their products in updated fashion.

Its no point in arguing with you  becuase your being bird about the whole  thing, there is no arguement/debate here. Sony offers extended warranty's for it products( end of disccusssion).

*So please stop  slandering that sony does not do exptended warrentys, these are written in policy for them to purchase for te consumer. The ps3 slim console is under this same exact policy,  you can'nt show me  that is not becuase the site show it quite clearly that it  is.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 30 of 30 (3,779 Views)
0 Likes