Oct 02 2013
By: RoofPizza First Son 2 posts

There REALLY should be an option to DELETE games with 0% from your trophy list

[ Edited ]
14 replies 469 views Edited Oct 2, 2013

Ugh...a few days ago while I was taking a nap my moms boyfriend played some stupid football game he brought from his house on my ps3. I didnt realize until yesterday when I looked at my trophies I now have that game on my trophy list with 0%. I've been aggressively looking up ways to somehow delete that trophy data from my ps3 and my account but no luck. But then when I woke up this morning and turned on my ps3 an update was available and one of the features was being able to hide trophies so I was "Great! thats just what I needed!" But low and behold all it does is hide the public trophy information....it still shows up on my trophy list.

I know this is probably a petty issue for some people but it REALLY bothers me that there is a game that have never played/would never play/never will play on my trophy list. I dont have a lot of games so I cant just play the other ones and make it bump down to the bottom of the list. Do you think I can contact Sony and see if they can do something about it on their end? Like only they can delete it from the server or something? I know I can't delete it my self but there's a possibility that they can do it I think.

Message 1 of 15 (469 Views)
Wastelander
852 posts

Re: There REALLY should be an option to DELETE games with 0% from your trophy list

Oct 2, 2013
i know how you feel. i really think its what they need. i have a few games on my trophies i will never ever play! and when i got my ps3 repaired, the guy tested it with a football game and now its permanently on my trophy list.

The-White-Wolf-Sig.jpg

Message 2 of 15 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
569 posts

Re: There REALLY should be an option to DELETE games with 0% from your trophy list

Oct 2, 2013

Never gonna get recruited as the Last Starfighter with 0% on some games.

sig by Grindhead_Jim
Message 3 of 15 (454 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11305 posts

Oct 2, 2013

While it would be great if Sony could remove trophy data that people don't want sitting on their system, it's doubtful that they would resort to some method of tinkering with your trophy percentages. What if someone has 1% of the trophies from a game they're never ever again going to play? Would Sony be able to remove that? But then what if by chance somewhere later down the line someone decides to play that same game on the same account, whether you've met a friend or someone else with an appetite for that particular release? And what if again you end up with 1 or or more percent of the trophy data? What if these two people end up having a fight or something that tears them apart after the trophies are already obtained? Would Sony dismiss having to redo the work of erasing this trophy data?

Also, being in contact through Sony's support should be left to more serious concerns dealing with malfunctioning hardware, software, and network problems, not "Can do you take a sec to delete my 5% of trophy data?" It's not a major malfunction of anything aside from personal preference for how trophies look to yourself and to others.

Message 4 of 15 (442 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8652 posts

Oct 2, 2013

I'd rather see an opt-out system first.

I suspect that they haven't done delete as the servers are not setup for a user to edit their profiles and it would be a long path to implement.

Message 5 of 15 (435 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3757 posts

Oct 2, 2013

To add a DELETE function into the system for users to use would be possible maybe, but then it's not a Trophy list that has any value at all.

Hiding is one thing. It works nicely to have those 0% games hidden away from everyone's eyes except for your very own accounts Trophy List.

When you look at your trophies compared to someone else ... on another profile, not your own, those hidden games don't show at all.

On the PC all the places that you can view your trophies on, the hidden games are hidden.

You can hide any game, not just 0% ones. In the case of trophies being hidden, that messes with data on sites that may award points and completion ratings. Some implement a notatiton on your account. That only shows when actual earned trophies are hidden.

What if someone in my family hides some trophies on my account? (Shared console, easy enough to do) No biggie, I can unhide them.

So deleting, that's a god level thing. There's no avenue open for any deleting of trophies right now. Anything lesser than a super-high-level-deletion-system would be so wrong.

It's best left where it is, hide the 0% games and live with how it looks on your PS3 ID Trophy List on your Profile, knowing that they are hidden to other people.

Hide anything you want to. It does mess with totals and so gaming sites will have something to say about it, if that matters to you, you wouldn't hide anything other than 0% games.

Message 6 of 15 (420 Views)
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Oct 2, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

To add a DELETE function into the system for users to use would be possible maybe, but then it's not a Trophy list that has any value at all.

Hiding is one thing. It works nicely to have those 0% games hidden away from everyone's eyes except for your very own accounts Trophy List.

When you look at your trophies compared to someone else ... on another profile, not your own, those hidden games don't show at all.

On the PC all the places that you can view your trophies on, the hidden games are hidden.

You can hide any game, not just 0% ones. In the case of trophies being hidden, that messes with data on sites that may award points and completion ratings. Some implement a notatiton on your account. That only shows when actual earned trophies are hidden.

What if someone in my family hides some trophies on my account? (Shared console, easy enough to do) No biggie, I can unhide them.

So deleting, that's a god level thing. There's no avenue open for any deleting of trophies right now. Anything lesser than a super-high-level-deletion-system would be so wrong.

It's best left where it is, hide the 0% games and live with how it looks on your PS3 ID Trophy List on your Profile, knowing that they are hidden to other people.

Hide anything you want to. It does mess with totals and so gaming sites will have something to say about it, if that matters to you, you wouldn't hide anything other than 0% games.

Well stated.  :smileyhappy:  I think the best compromise would have been for Sony to not only include the option to hide the trophies from public view, but also allow us to hide the trophies for our own view.  E.g. in the XMB let us select a game and choose to "hide" the game.  This hides it from public view AND on our own systems.  If we want to unhide it, then we just choose to unhide trophies and BAM, it's there again.  This wouldn't involve any type of deletion or anything, just what we the end-user see.

Message 7 of 15 (404 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 2, 2013

I think the option of hiding the game from my own trophy list would be nice, I could live with that. I just hate scrolling through my games that I love and have fun playing and then seeing that piece of **** game I've never even played grouped in with my games sigh

Message 8 of 15 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2013

I can understand this topic all too well (both as a gamer who has started and quickly stopped playing some horrible games and someone with a decent-case of OCD :smileytongue:).  At least the new firmware has privacy options and I don't think it would be too far of a stretch to ask that data be hidden locally as well (obviously there would need to be some place in the account settings or trophy privacy settings where these trophies/games would be summoned to, as we are not really changing any data and even the most skilled "worker of the sticks" is bound to select a game to hide that they didn't attend to).

In terms of priority it seems low (I imagine a lot of resources are being diverted elsewhere), however with the most recent update they have already touched on trophy privacy, so I don't think it would be too demanding to ask for a simple pocket to tuck away some trophies/games locally as well.

Edit: Fixed spelling errors.

Message 9 of 15 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5703 posts

Oct 2, 2013
Seriously though... How come people argue about how or how not this can be done??

I can get on my 360 right now and DELETE the "0" gamerscore games from my achievement list. It is absolutely possible to allow us to delete "0%" trophy games from our trophy list, all they are, are user profiles.
Message 10 of 15 (358 Views)
0 Likes