Treasure Hunter
5987 posts

Re: Themes Now Expire?

Aug 11, 2010

I think Sony wants it to expire, however doesn't have the ability to kill it if it's already installed (unless they have a hidden 'kill" content switch built in to the PS3 OS). I think they will probably remove it from your download list after it's expired.

Games PS1 (100+), PS2 (140+), PS3 (100+), PSP (34+)
My PS3 Website - http://sites.google.com/site/etempestps3/
Message 11 of 22 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
504 posts

Aug 11, 2010
Is that the expiration date that it would be removed from your system or the expiration date that Sony will no longer allow that for downloads? IE Wipeout HD is no longer available as it was a first month only deal, same with themes, ps1 classics etc from that month. Maybe thats how they'll prevent shared content or content being downloaded after its available?

Actually now that I type that it doesn't make sense lol. There shouldn't be an expiration date at all considering they said themes were free to keep and you've downloaded it already. Bleh, I give up
Check out Digital Kings Gaming @ http://digitalking.enjin.com
Message 12 of 22 (9 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9686 posts

Aug 11, 2010

well, they could do it like game and just have the theme stop working and if you are using it it would go back to the default theme. However I think it may be a mistake, sony already stated Avatars and Themes are yours to keep forever, I don't think they would go back on their word, it wouldn't look good for them.

Message 13 of 22 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Aug 11, 2010

chaos_789 wrote:

well, they could do it like game and just have the theme stop working and if you are using it it would go back to the default theme. However I think it may be a mistake, sony already stated Avatars and Themes are yours to keep forever, I don't think they would go back on their word, it wouldn't look good for them.

I have to hope you're being sarcastic and not simply blind to truth.  Let's review a little:

• DualShock is impossible to combine with Sixaxis
  • Full Backwards compatibility is important in a console
  • OtherOS will not be removed from older model "phat" PS3s

And these are just the three big ones that everyone can think of.

Message 14 of 22 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Aug 12, 2010

i wonder what would happen if before  your PS+ ended you changed the date on your ps3 - to the date you started plus? i know you wouldnt get new stuff, but would the old stuff stay..hmmmmm since i only got the 3 month scrip maybe ill let mine expire for a day to see what happens

Message 15 of 22 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Aug 12, 2010

jpbslayer wrote:

i wonder what would happen if before  your PS+ ended you changed the date on your ps3 - to the date you started plus? i know you wouldnt get new stuff, but would the old stuff stay..hmmmmm since i only got the 3 month scrip maybe ill let mine expire for a day to see what happens

Do you remember the ApocalyPS3?  The PS3 has more than just one clock.  Changing that one clock only changes what you see.  The PS3 still knows what date and time it really is.  Well except for on December 31st, 1999.  Smiley Tongue

Message 16 of 22 (9 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1089 posts

Aug 12, 2010
This is confusing... How can Themes expire exactly? I thought they were free to keep!
Message 17 of 22 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Aug 13, 2010
**** man...
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 18 of 22 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8703 posts

Aug 13, 2010

As horrible as that theme is, I wish it would have expired five minutes before I checked it out. It's a mistake though, because they'd announce changes like that. Like they did with the whole DLC thing.

Take back the future
Message 19 of 22 (9 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Aug 13, 2010

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

As horrible as that theme is, I wish it would have expired five minutes before I checked it out. It's a mistake though, because they'd announce changes like that. Like they did with the whole DLC thing.

kudos - best thing i seen in this forum in some time

Message 20 of 22 (9 Views)
0 Likes