Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 31 2011
By: DeathFromAbove-1 First Son 4 posts

The way PNS and Sony should be handling account activations, dcl game content, and dlc add-on content.

3 replies 36 views Edited Dec 31, 2011

I know that Sony and the PSN are very committed to their customers and know they try to make things fair and balanced for all who use their services. I do however understand that there must be some idiots working there. Not that their views or opinions reflect on some of the more sensible and caring individuals that work there. Whoever came up with the original policy of 5 active accounts was either an idiot or just didn't think of the piracy repercussions. Whoever made the new 2 activation policy is a total idiot with complete disregard for the consumer. If anyone there had a brain and I am sure there are dozens of employees that don't have any say that would have recommended this but couldn't or were not taken seriously. I know I am not the first to think of this and will not be the last, but see it getting there either fully or in someway close to the proposal I am about to make. I know that I am 1 person and a consumer of a huge corporation and how idiotic I may sound to some but I do have the right to voice my opinion and be heard regardless of who I am harassing about =)

1. I think the way games should be handled on the PSN should be Only one system allowed to play any specific game at any given time unless otherwise specified by the developer. This would prevent piracy 100%. Now game sharing is and can be no way considered illegal and the TOS I believe would lose a legal battle against any average Joe at the argument that it's not piracy it is good old fashioned borrowing and its been around since Atari. As long as one person and only one person is using the game at any given time it is in fact borrowing. If a someone's friend has their account and they cannot play the game because their friend is playing it at the moment it is in fact by definition borrowing. You could argue this with me or anyone for that matter but you would lose.

2. To prevent people from complaining about oh I can't play this game because I let a friend or family member borrow it you would need some sort of preparation in place to give that sole account that owns the game priority over other accounts that share it on other PS3's. This would include giving the customer some sort of control to decide and dictate which PS3 that uses their account/dlc is their own personal playstation. Could even make a priority list up to 2 PS3's to take priory over all others with this infomation/dlc on it. People might get booted off a game that a friend or family member let them borrow, but that is the great thing about borrowing. It's your property and except in extreme cases you can get your property back when and where you want it =)

(Sure in a 24 hour period you might have 5 people using the same game that only one person purchased. It's new years eve 2011. 2012 is tonight and frankly the world travels at light speed with the Internet as it's core. Back in the 90's you would have to actually physically hand the game over to a friend or family member but now everything is faster and easier and it's something you are going to have to deal with.)

3. PSN add-ons for games should be at the sole discretion of the developer. They decide how many people can use the content at any given time. That is the was it has been and should continue to be that way. Same rules as above with the exception of more than one console using it at once "At the developers discretion". Would stop piracy and make people very happy. Developers would not be bound by the PSN and would be able to do what they want with the games and content they create. If they only want the person to be able to use any content one instance at a time it's their choice. This would be beneficial for both Sony and the developer, and not to mention the long forgotten consumer.

Video, music, and comics I don't use and could not come up with a solution for them if they even need one. If they did need a policy change I am sure someone would look at what I just did and figure something out for them.

My closing statement =P This took me about 2 hours to figure out and look everyone has their problems solved. No more piracy/sharing, consumers are allowed to do what they want with their games and content as they have been able to do since the dawn of the video gaming era. Nobody gets their feelings hurt and Sony makes a huge profit margin along with the game developers by introducing fairness and order in the gaming community.

Now as sappy as I may sound and again I expect nobody of any importance to ever read this. I do think that one day someone will realize how obvious this solution is to everyone's problems and make it reality. I feel very strongly about fairness and have been a gamer since pong made it's debut on Atari. I have always been for fair gaming and against cheating, hacking,and piracy. Games are no fun when people cheat, developers and server hosts are no fun when people hack and pirate software. It's common sense/rule of thumb/just the way things are. People are people as unfortunate as that may be hackers will attempt to hack, cheaters will attempt to cheat, and pirate will attempt to pirate software as long as you leave the doors open. Just think about it and I am sure you and everyone there in their little cubical's would agree. Same goes for the cooperate people there at Sony. It is a win win for all =)

thanks for your time, would love to hear your response on the matter.

Sincerely, yours truly, forever and always

DeathFromAbove-1

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (36 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: The way PNS and Sony should be handling account activations, dcl game content, and dlc add-on content.

Dec 31, 2011

Sorry for the double post my browser is acting up. deleted the dupe post

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (36 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: The way PNS and Sony should be handling account activations, dcl game content, and dlc add-on content.

Dec 31, 2011

Well got my reply via email and the Supervisor from Sony thanked me for my suggestions but then continued to throw a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo in my face clearly stating that you can not share, loan, give, lend, blah, blah, blah any of the content you purchased. Well there goes all of our property rights.So I cannot share access to my content with my brother on his ps3 downstairs(or I can but it is against the terms of their user agreement). Sounds to me like a bunch of garbage. This means my retail copy of bf3 for instance, he can play it downstairs but he isn't allowed to play multiplayer on it or the dlc that came with it(Limited Edition).

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (36 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jan 8, 2012

I started a petition at change.org to ask Sony to revert back to the original 5 activations limit. Please sign the petition here: http://www.change.org/petitions/chairman-sony-computer-entertainment-of-america-restore-the-original...

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (36 Views)
0 Likes