Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: The playstation Store is terrible.

May 3, 2013

xxSHEPERDxx wrote:

Lameghost is absolutely not right, the new store is 10 times slower than the old one and constantly fails to download any content requiring multiple tries. But hey, enjoy your little fantasy world you live in, plant.

I meant he was right about it not changing.

plant?

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 11 of 39 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
654 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

Taking 45 seconds to initially open is pretty annoying. I'm weary of people claiming it runs smoothly. My experience isn't the same. If you're moving from one menu to the next in order to reach deeper options (ie: From main menu --> Games --> PS+ --> Free Games), it lags while simply moving down the left-hand menu to select different options, as the images for each option attempt to load as you scroll past them.

The search feature is the same way. After you select a letter, you have to wait a second or two for the new set of letters to load in before you can select a new letter. With a full onscreen keyboard the user could go straight from one letter to the next, with zero delay.

The layout of the new store is fantastic, but the performance needs an improvement.

Message 12 of 39 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

xxSHEPERDxx wrote:

Lameghost is absolutely not right, the new store is 10 times slower than the old one and constantly fails to download any content requiring multiple tries. But hey, enjoy your little fantasy world you live in, plant.

Am I supposed to apologize for a few people who are having a MUCH DIFFERENT experience than I am with the store?

No.

You have an bad experience. I am having a perfectly good experience. 

Pretty lame that you can understand that

Sucks that because other people don't have the same views or opinions as you, means you have to resort to telling people they live in a fantasy world, and changing my name to something like "lameghost".... plant? TF is that about? 

If thats some sort of insult... its not a good one at all.... you like to hug trees or something?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 13 of 39 (111 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

DanSD wrote:

Taking 45 seconds to initially open is pretty annoying. I'm weary of people claiming it runs smoothly. My experience isn't the same. If you're moving from one menu to the next in order to reach deeper options (ie: From main menu --> Games --> PS+ --> Free Games), it lags while simply moving down the left-hand menu to select different options, as the images for each option attempt to load as you scroll past them.

The search feature is the same way. After you select a letter, you have to wait a second or two for the new set of letters to load in before you can select a new letter. With a full onscreen keyboard the user could go straight from one letter to the next, with zero delay.

The layout of the new store is fantastic, but the performance needs an improvement.

Some people have said the new Store is more dependent on your network connection more than before which is why it lags for some people and smooth as silk for others.... I now have a Gigabit connection with less than 1ms ping and nearly zero jitter....

While it does take an unnecessary amount of startup time, that I can agree with.... but its smooth for me when browsing.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 14 of 39 (108 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
859 posts

May 3, 2013
You shouldn't have to have a super strong Internet connection to have a smooth experience. My Internet is certainly above average and the store lags for me too. You aren't playing some high graphically dependent game with explosions going off everywhere. You're scrolling through a menu. Why does it have to lag for at all? Honestly, it doesn't really bother me that much. I can always find what I'm looking for, and the downloads always work. It's just a little crappy.
Message 15 of 39 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

May 3, 2013

I like the look of the new store. I do NOT like the search function. I find that at certain times the store can be "clunky" as you say. Usually during peak hours. Which I can somewhat understand, but can be frustrating.

If there is something I want to download, I do it during off hours, such as when I wake up I start a download and auto off my system. Or when going to bed. I plan ahead. I never sit and wait for something to download.

Message 16 of 39 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

May 3, 2013

I haven't used my PS3 in the last 4 or so days, has there been another store update or is this the one that has been around for some months now. If the latter, then I'll throw myself in with the bad experience people. Sure it looks nice, but its slow on my system, part of the reason I began making the switch to just browsing the store through my PC browser.

On my old ~18Mbit connection, the store took a good 15 seconds on the initial load, and then was laggy while browsing.

On my current ~50Mbit connection, it still takes about 10 seconds for the initial load, but the experience while browsing is noticeably better. 

I can't comment on the search function since I just navigate using the menus.

The Vita store is a little frustrating too since I keep expecting to be able to swipe left and right for more menus (like the various download lists) but its not possible. It'll take some getting used to but its not really that intuitive imo. No speed issues though, at least not with the current connection. Imo, though its not perfect, the layout of the PS3 store is a lot better than the vita's

Message 17 of 39 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11777 posts

May 3, 2013

I too prefer the old PlayStation Store to the one we have now. I won't say that it's completely terrible, as there are some nice things about it. For example, the highlighted items on the store is kind of nice. It gives you an idea of what big things are going on in the store each week. The old store did that too though, by having an image of what big things were in the store for the week before you actually began shopping. That of course was done on a somewhat smaller scale in comparison to what we have now.

Still, I'd prefer functionality over pictographs. Even though it's sort of slick the way everything's linked together, it's also a big mess of stuff that is there. Flipping through things by pressing up, down, left and right is simple in itself, but hard in having an abundance of lists to go through. The load times for downloading certain files, like demos, is also slower compared to the old store. It takes maybe five seconds or so for the screen to finish loading up in order to press the "download in background" button. Things were certainly quicker and better arranged on the old store. I'm forgetting, but wasn't there a search function in the old store where instead of selecting letters you had the pop-up keyboard to type in what you wanted? I'd much prefer that to dripping down one letter at a time.

Message 18 of 39 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

May 3, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

DanSD wrote:

Some people have said the new Store is more dependent on your network connection more than before which is why it lags for some people and smooth as silk for others.... I now have a Gigabit connection with less than 1ms ping and nearly zero jitter....

While it does take an unnecessary amount of startup time, that I can agree with.... but its smooth for me when browsing.

Does having a good router help to? Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 39 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3436 posts

May 3, 2013

i don't understand...the store runs quick and fluid for me...think some just have crappy ISP's...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 20 of 39 (74 Views)
0 Likes