Dec 13 2013
By: Sci-fi_fanatic22 First Son 12 posts

The master/sub account issue needs to be fixed immediatly

5 replies 211 views Edited Dec 13, 2013

I currently use a sub account that was made when I was younger.  Now I am 20 years old, have my own credit card and I am still forced to use my dads old master account which i have control over to do any money transfers and give myself playsation plus.  As the sub account I have no access to plus features that I payed for and that is unacceptable.  

The big problem for me is that my brother and I are both linked to that account.  we have no way of differentiating whos money is whos on the wallet.  Also when he goes to PS4 he will be unable to use PS plus because I have control of the master account.

Sony you need to make the ability to transfer a sub account to a master account a priority, this is causing problems for me and my brother.  Me and him need to be able to upgrade our accounts and use our own credit cards.

Message 1 of 6 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: The master/sub account issue needs to be fixed immediatly

Dec 13, 2013

This has been talks about for years. 

Sang has a ready weighed in on the matter months ago " ts not that easy", just gonna have to wait and see

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 6 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Dec 13, 2013

Sometimes you just need to put the past behind you are start fresh.

Not ideal but seems your only choice other than The Wait.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 3 of 6 (188 Views)
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 14, 2013

the account im using to talk to you right now, is my old sub account. i no longer use it after the ps4 came out... look at ALL the tropheys i had, all no longer connected to my main account. ALL my games that i bought on this account, no longer playable on my vita...

i dont regret it though, its probably better that you create a new account, you wont regret it.

Message 4 of 6 (178 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 15, 2013

I recently got a PS4 and realized that the share functionality was not permitted for sub accounts (as I was one of those people who got a PS3 before I was 18 and had to create a sub account). I received the suggestion from a Sony rep to create a new master account. The problem with that is that I would lose the remainder of my PS+ subscription along with the other purchases.

I recently created a new master account and started using it, but I just found out another issue. I linked my sony rewards account to my PSN account prior to getting the PS4 and according to http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/how_it_works/faq/, there is no way to link it to the new account if I create one. So, now there is no way for me to get Sony Rewards from buying things from PSN with the new account.

Is there nothing that can be done about this? Anyone with suggestions?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 6 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
29173 posts

Dec 15, 2013

Doc_007 wrote:

Sometimes you just need to put the past behind you are start fresh.

Not ideal but seems your only choice other than The Wait.

Message 6 of 6 (132 Views)
0 Likes