May 03 2013
By: SixStringPsycho First Son 13 posts

The loss of my best partner, my PS3

20 replies 243 views Edited May 3, 2013

So there I was, Wednesday morning I wake up by the side of my wife. I kiss her good morning, being our 2nd month of being married and being happy at our own house. She makes breakfast, I feed our dog and we both get prepared for a day of work. Before leaving I turn on my PS3 to see if any of my downloaded games have finished up installing and downloading. Everything is great, I'm a happy husband & Gamer. As we go out we both kiss each other goodbye and make out for a hard days work. And boy was it, I work on a business where I have to check and maintain fire extinguishers in companies, schools, business, etc. It was a hot day and all I was thinking was to get home, take a bath to freshen myself up and play a nice Round of Multilayer Mercenaries of Resident Evil 6 with my best friend online.

On my way home I'm calling my wife to tell her I've already finished up my day, I'm making her some nice food, so as soon as she gets out she can eat and we both can be relax.

Oh the joy of getting to my Home Sweet Home. My dog is wobbling her tail, happy to see me. But something wrong, my PS3 & TV is nowhere to be found, only the mark of it where it was standing before. A bitter taste went down my throat, then I look over to where 30 games where standing in like new condition. Gone, too. That along with my wife's Pink Sony Vaio Laptop. Someone broke into my house! How can this happen? I get ahold of the police on the phone, file a report, dustprints are taken, and I'm left on my 2nd month of marriage without my TV, PS3, Wife's Laptop and nothing to play. 

So I hop online to Sony Support which they treated me kindly (Thanks James from Sony Tech Support)  to deactivate my PS3, so that thief doesn't get any more than he got. I'm a little relaxed, with the sadness of Ethan Mars when Jason was lost and the rage of Kratos and all of Olympus inside of me. As much as I wish to have my PS3 there sitting right now so I could play it, I can't neither buy one right now (Which I will when I have the money of course) since I have to make sure my wife is safe and so our things which we bought with hard earned money and time. 

I still have my Vita and PSP on me, but it ain't the same without the whole Sony Family in my house. It's like one of family left without saying goodbye. 

Just wanted to share this with you guys. Stay strong and keep gaming until your fingers fall off!

Message 1 of 21 (243 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: The loss of my best partner, my PS3

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

So it was stolen? Could've done without the long-winded backstory...but that does suck Smiley Sad

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 2 of 21 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4158 posts

May 3, 2013
This was just like I was reading a book. Sorry for the loss. People these days are heartless.
Message 3 of 21 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1616 posts

May 3, 2013

That sucks man. I know the feeling. I remember someone broke into me and my buds apartment when I was back in highschool. Took my computer, xbox and all of that. Usually its people you know. But as far as it sounds, it looks like a bunch of teens broke into your house. You must have a little dog?

Message 4 of 21 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

May 3, 2013
Every story I've ever heard of people breaking into houses and taking electronics it turned out to be kids in the neighborhood that had done it at multiple houses.

That sucks, sorry man. I hope they find your stuff.

Message 5 of 21 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

May 3, 2013
That's why I got eclipse curtains so people can't see in my living room. I only have a very slim select of friends that I have known for years. I talked to people but I dont need new friends coming over my house. The last time I did years ago a few ps1 games and a iPod and iPod touch popped up missing. The **bleep** tried to act like he aint do it but was quick to say I gotta leave when my wife said she couldn't find her iPod. If a weekend in jail Wasn't the other option besides walking away I would have kicked his **bleep** and knocked his other teeth out his mouth. How I get him back......... we worked together and made sure everyone know and then everyone who had anything pop up missing knew he was always around. He moved a month later across town .
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 6 of 21 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

May 3, 2013
LOL and I know I said ps1 games because I have ps3 games he could have taken but the PS1 games he took are Rare games and cost alot to replace on eBay or amazon. Mega Man Legends 2 was one of them and that games goes for $70 and UP used.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 7 of 21 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

May 3, 2013
aww man thats sucks sorry for your loss Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 21 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

That is horrible. I've been robbed too. I know the emotions. (rage filled with saddness)

Sorry to hear that happened to you. Hopefully one day that person will get what's coming to them.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 9 of 21 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

May 3, 2013
You have no homeowner or renter's insurance? Call State Farm or other ins co, man. That stuff's pretty cheap and well worth it. Sorry for your circumstance, that sucks. Get a better dog too. I recommend something in a Shepherd breed. Very territorial and family friendly.
Message 10 of 21 (167 Views)
0 Likes