Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 10 2009
By: UK_Metus First Son 2 posts

The connection with playstation network timed out, help!

14 replies 2398 views Edited Apr 10, 2009

I keep getting the above error when trying to sign in to my playstation account The connection with playstation network timed out (8002A548)  My PS3 is connected via WiFi which is upstairs i have 65%+ Signal and I am fully connected to the access point, I can connect to the internet via the console and when I perform a connection test it reads -

Obtain IP Address - Succeeded

Internet Connection - Succeeded

Playstation Network - Failed

The playstaion has been working for the last year and now has suddenly stopped working, The network configuration has not changed and I can access the wireless network via other devices

I can successfully log-in on the Playstation website (and forum :smileysurprised:P....)

I have trawled through the internet and this forum looking for a resolution, but can only find basic troubleshooting.  I work in IT and I would like to think I could of resolved this myself but im still having issues after several days, I did manage to connect today about mid-day for a hour then could not sign in after that, This makes me think that my internet speed is causing the issue, I get 7mb down and 460kb up on my machine upstairs so the connection is pretty good for the area.

I cannot wire in the PS3 to test but I have just purchased a 200Mbps Powerline Adapter (Adapter plugs into power socket so you can transfer data through the existing electrical wiring in the house)  I am hoping this will resolve the issue

I have also tried changing the channel on the access point and explicitly unblocked the ports needed to sign-in on the PSN on the router

If anyone has any ideas other than the ones I have already stated then please let me know :smileysurprised:)

Stu

Message 1 of 15 (2,398 Views)
Treasure Hunter
9353 posts

Re: The connection with playstation network timed out, help!

Apr 10, 2009

how long have you been having the problem?

Yo dawg I heard you liked quantum mechanics so I didn't do anything, and I did something at the same time.
Message 2 of 15 (2,398 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 10, 2009
since tuesday
Message 3 of 15 (2,398 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 17, 2009
I'm having the same problem.
Message 4 of 15 (2,398 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 25, 2009
I'm having the same problem and I'm getting really upset.  It's been almost a week and I haven't been able to sign in.
Message 5 of 15 (2,398 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3698 posts

Nov 25, 2009
I've seen alot of users talk about not being able to sign-into PSN or even use a PSN card today, I think PSN is just having some maintenance work done so try again soon, Good Luck!
Message 6 of 15 (2,399 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Nov 26, 2009
I just ran a hard wire from my router to the PS3 for Adhoc Party and am getting the same error.  I've been running wireless since launch with no problems so I anticipated a quick changeover.  No such luck.  Moved back to wireless via the XMB and logged in with no problem.  I'm thinking something is going on with the network because I used the same settings on wireless and wired and many of us are having problems.  I get IP and Internet but no PSN...  Back to wireless for me!
Message 7 of 15 (2,399 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Nov 26, 2009
It's common for this to happen, mostly when the servers overloaded with heavy traffic hours
Message 8 of 15 (2,399 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Nov 26, 2009
Could be a DNS issue.  Change your DNS addresses to 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 as your secondary.  Turn off the media server in your PS3.  Make sure your ports are forwarded correctly.

Message 9 of 15 (2,399 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 24, 2010
i have had this happen to me just now its starting to annoy me i can sign in on other accounts but not my main one do you know how to fix
Message 10 of 15 (2,399 Views)
0 Likes