Mar 11 2012
By: Sharakon Sackboy 494 posts

The Wonderful Social Network

3 replies 18 views Edited Mar 11, 2012

Hello, Im Sharakon. When the ps3 was out i bought one! Gaming with friends and so on.. But the thing i really wanna talk about is Playstation Home.. You see, Home is a wonderful community filled with a bunch good people example: GlassWalls, Locust_Star, HCV Team. The reason why i think this is the best social network is because you hang with friends, do activities on the board.. Dance to music.. (I know this is old song but oh well CHAIN SWING) Be part of the most outstanding clubs.. Like: HOMEinformer, GamerIndepth, PSTALENT... Im featured in all.. I cant forget the time where i joined ps home and i felt like something hit me saying "THIS IS IT" Although it did get me pumped I met a few friends... Like: aaronZOOM96 and much much more.. I thought everyone was as nice as him.. But appreantly they're not.. YIKES! But for some odd reason something made me go back and go back till i was addicted to the game.. I havent figured out what it was.. So i kept playing as i kept playing.. I needed some new clothes of course. If i remember correctly in the first month of PSHome i spent like 50-100$ lol, As home kept growing  i finally realized why i kept coming on Home, and that was to find: Hope! New Friends! and to keep going on my journey! Home has inspired in so many ways! It has changed my life... Thank you Sony Entertainment! 

Message 1 of 4 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Re: The Wonderful Social Network

Mar 14, 2012

Ive download HOME 2x ...

I never found the good use of it.. like I find it a waste of time..

I downloaded the 2nd time when they made a BIG fuzz about the Uncharted game was featured on it.. so i tried it and still... No interest...

I guess it isn't for me or im just not looking in the right place..

Cheers!

Message 2 of 4 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
34250 posts

Mar 20, 2012

Firstly I'm very happy for the OP that they have found so much enjoyment from using the PS HOME application, be it making new "friends" or enjoying the games or making their Avatar look the way they want.

For a while I was like the OP, I used to like PS HOME too, I used to like it, a lot actually, I too was into making my Avatar look as good as I could, I enjoyed a lot of the games & spaces, this went on for some months, but eventually I grew tired, tired of a lot of things.

There are so many childish idiots in PS HOME, too many "perverts", so many glitches, so many bugs & freezes as well as a number of questionable decisions made by some people that, well I decided I'd had enough, I used to be very active on the PS HOME Forums too, I engaged people there as I hopefully do here, but no more, I don't post on the PS HOME Forums anymore, partly because it all became to "clicky", if you're not part of the "in crowd" forget it, you get shot down in flames for the slightest comment that may go against something held dear, also some of the HCV's thought everyone else was below them, thankfully some have now been removed & are just like you & I, a regular Forum user, but some still remain to this day.

I can't remember the last time I loaded up PS HOME, I don't know when i'll do it next, probably not for a while yet, but one day, maybe I'll go visit, to see if I can rekindle what the OP feels now & I did once.

I'm happy for the OP, I truly am, but PS HOME offers nothing for me right now, & unfortunately I don't see that view changing any time soon.

Message 3 of 4 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Apr 3, 2012

I haven't ever really made any friends on home, but I do kind of like the special areas like the Disgaea themed one. Also, its kinda cool that stream a portion of EVO in the theatre (although I wish they'd give us a little more choice and more than one lobby for it as I'd like to watch more than just SSF4)

Message 4 of 4 (18 Views)
0 Likes