I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Re: The Vita is failing and Unless SONY gets it together, it will continue to fail.

Nov 10, 2012

It looks like all 3 gaming companies are hurting. Check out this article from CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/09/tech/gaming-gadgets/console-gaming-dead/index.html?hpt=te_t1

Maybe its a sign of the times. I hope not, I do love my games, at least more than movies and tv.

Message 101 of 112 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Re: The Vita is failing and Unless SONY gets it together, it will continue to fail.

Nov 10, 2012

It's complete garbage.  And I have 2 PS3's in my house.  

Complete fail at this moment...

Message 102 of 112 (173 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5411 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2012

Asphaltum wrote:

It looks like all 3 gaming companies are hurting. Check out this article from CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/09/tech/gaming-gadgets/console-gaming-dead/index.html?hpt=te_t1

Maybe its a sign of the times. I hope not, I do love my games, at least more than movies and tv.

I don't believe in crap like this. CNN and a bunch of non game sites believe this crap due to their love of Phone and tablet gaming aka the business worker world. **** the business workers, they are the most retarded people in the industry, have no clue what they are talking about.

Let me break this down for you CNN:

Want to know why sales were down form last year than this year? Not that many games were released this year than last. Want to also know why there weren't that many games this year than last and why console sales are down? Because EVERYONE IN THE WORLD knows that this christmas and next year usher in the nextgen consoles. Do you guys even pay attention to the industry in the slightest CNN. " Oh sales were down last year than, this year." No ****!

Wii U launches in a could days and knowing how nintendo popped a console last time that people thought wouldn't sell due to a "gimmick" - surprise, surprise - it was the top selling console of this generation. People like new concepts and new ways to play games, and parents like a console or handheld that doens't have access to their credit card (without passwords).

The Xbox Durango and PS4 (or whatever they are going to be called) is obviously going to announced or showed off at this upcoming E3 next year. Alot of people are holding off from purchasing too many things in order to save up for those two new things. Like every generation the "reset" button is pressed before the last generation of consoles hit rock bottom and sales skyrocket like history has showned. This happened when the Xbox went to the 360, the PS2 to the PS3, consoles are never going anywhere because society still can easily approach a console, pop in a disk, grab a controller and start playing - PC will never be this approachable by the normal masses due to various reasons we won't mention here (unless you start talking about cloud gaming.)

Now CNN, how about we look at Black Friday and Cyber Monday and the Christmas season - so you are telling me that the $199 PS3, 360, Vita bundles won't be selling out at all (or really well), along with NEW released games hitting $10/ $15/ $25/ $35 prices that were originally $60 - you are beyond deluded in yourselves if you think so. When sales numbers during that time frame go up, get ready to eat more crow than anyone else. Console gaming is dying... Pffft. Don't make me laugh.

Oh, want to bring up why the Vita isn't doing so well CNN and the other members here. 3 Answers - the Vita's Price Point, the Vita's added high cost memory cards, and finally the kicker is GAMES! The Vita is in the same situation that the 3DS was - until a price drop happened, people thought the 3DS was going to fail. How is that handheld doing? So will the AC3 Liberation Vita bundle or the Call of Duty Vita bundle maybe turn things around due to it's very affordable price point? Maybe, time twill tell and it's too early to condemn a device that only hasn't even turned a year old. 

Tablets and phone gamers are not even hurting the market as much as people think as those markets are entirely catering to a certain type of people and also coexist with gamers here. I have a tablet and a few games on it but only played with a few for a couple minutes a year ago before jumping to my true dedicated handheld gaming device - the Vita. People will try to argue about this but the simple fact is, do research a bit. That fresh new feeling of playing games on a phone and tablet with regular or dedicated gamers last only a little while before they realize there's a better experience out there for gaming. I'm one of these kind of people. Played Most Wanted on my S3 phone for a bit and then jumped to my Vita version and haven't gone back. Most Wanted looks and plays loads better than the ios/android version. The Vita version is the actual real game ported from consoles to the Vita, not a regurgitated Hot Pursuit game on android/ios with a Most Wanted paint job and tweaked mechanics (with closed off racing per track game play, no open world whatsoever). 

Certain people rush to serve their opinion way too early in all honesty. Everyone loves to hate on a device they have no clue what is in store for it in the future. Wii proved this, the PS3 proved this, Microsoft's Xbox brand proved this, I just think the casual society and normal news industry have no clue what they are talking about anymore.

Anyone who thinks the Vita is failing or is going to fail are the the funniest people in the world! I remember the world stating the PS3 was going to fail due to the price and no games. Guess those people ate crow as well, the PS3 has dropped in price considerably, there are loads of games to buy and choose from, and the sales numbers are almost on par with the 360 that came out a year before it. Goes to show some people jump to conclusions well before they give something a chance... 

The Vita is going to be fine, time will define it most definately!

Message 103 of 112 (163 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2012

Ugh stupid forum messed up everything cause the **bleep** quotes.. ain't wasting my time writing that all over again..

I am sure many of you could careless anyway. Probably best that happened, also good to see this same thread didn't really make much of an impression in the PS3 section.

Oh ~ how being in the Vita section makes all the difference.

Message 104 of 112 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2012

Fargonative is a complete waste of oxygen.

Message 105 of 112 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6593 posts

Nov 11, 2012

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Fargonative is a complete waste of oxygen.

yea man..  i agree..   could at least be resonable.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 106 of 112 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4157 posts

Nov 11, 2012
All this hostility from the internet warriors! Its overwhelming.!
Message 107 of 112 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Nov 11, 2012

Gamble_STARS wrote:
All this hostility from the internet warriors! Its overwhelming.!

Everytime I read somebody calling somebody else a "waste of oxygen" on the Internet I picture massive amounts of nerdrage from the writer of the post IRL~.

Message 108 of 112 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4157 posts

Nov 11, 2012
Haha ikr!
Message 109 of 112 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Nov 12, 2012
Okay let's be reasonable. All the issues with apps to begin with. A horrid game library and still a lack of ps1 classics. It's ridiculous proprietary crap. Sales are expected to get better you guys say? Well duh, what sales don't get better this time of year?

It's not a complete fail. But let's be honest, it's not been a success either....it is what is...
Message 110 of 112 (70 Views)
0 Likes