Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
11161 posts

Re: Official 1.8 Discussion Thread

Aug 30, 2012

Quiotu wrote:

And part of me already assumes why the discrepancies are there, and can sympathize. The courts in the US and especially the copyright/patent laws (the Apple/Samsung case proved this) are way more complicated and probably need more time to work out than any other place in the world. But honestly, people would be a lot more reasonable about this if Sony was just more transparent with the issues.

I know a portion of the problem getting games put up to start with come from the companies directly. Take the Dragon Quest series from Square-Enix. DQ VII was on the PS 1 but they haven't released it on the PSN (I don't even think it's up in Japan but I could be wrong.) Sony can't simply say "We're putting it up on the PSN, here's some money for it." Even if the game was released in the US.

This particular problem seems to be more of an "What the???" type moment where people dropped the ball. I know Sony is going through a restructuring process and a "House Cleaning" of sorts. So I have a feeling it's not that Sony deliberately set out to make things difficult for gamers, it just came out that way. Sometimes the best intentions backfire or mess up.

However I am not a Sony employee and don't know for a fact that's what's going on.

Message 51 of 88 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
496 posts

Aug 30, 2012
Has anyone noticed that Vita version 1.80 took away the download button for the PSP games and the minis? I liked that feature and would kind of like it back... :smileysad:
Message 52 of 88 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
413 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2012

Stealth1986 wrote:
Has anyone noticed that Vita version 1.80 took away the download button for the PSP games and the minis? I liked that feature and would kind of like it back... :smileysad:

What do you mean exactly? I haven't come across such an issue personally.

Don't Forget to Play [Persona 4 Golden] Every Night Before Bed.
Message 53 of 88 (343 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Re: The (Un)Official 1.8 Discussion Thread

Aug 31, 2012
I'm a bit confused, does every PS1 games I downloaded to my PS3 work on the Vita (i.e. Pocket Fighters) or only the ones on the list?
Message 54 of 88 (320 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11161 posts

Aug 31, 2012

C-Sword1 wrote:
I'm a bit confused, does every PS1 games I downloaded to my PS3 work on the Vita (i.e. Pocket Fighters) or only the ones on the list?

Most of the ones that you can download to the PS 3 will work on the Vita. I think there are a couple that do have a few issues to be honest.

For a more complete list why don't you check out the following Confirmed PS One Games That Transfer to the Vita thread created by Shy_Guy92. :smileyhappy:

Message 55 of 88 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

Aug 31, 2012

im fine with the update in general. good stuff all around

what i dont like is this phased roll outs of content so old that there is ZERO reason to have it all phase out. i understand they want to pad out the year with realses to keep people coming back...but DO NOT do this with content older then my nephew

Message 56 of 88 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Aug 31, 2012
Im a troll... Lolol jkjk. Id like them to fix the keyboard when you put alot of periods u have to keep pressing the up arrow button. And heres anew idea when your on the net and read forums for awhile well the vita disconnects itself therefore you got to go to settings and reconnect its annoying. Why does it even do that. The cross controller is cool but what games uses it? Except little big planet 2? For ps1 games i wished they used the ps button or the read pad for the settings screen. Idk it may jus be me but when your playin a game and u hold the screen for another screen just looks stupid.
Message 57 of 88 (288 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 31, 2012

First of all, thank you for the thread :smileyhappy:

I've been waiting for this firmware update since day one, so I'm now very happy to be able to play some of my favourite PSOne games wherever I go, especially on the superb Vita screen.  However, the lack of an option to disable the rear touch pad while playing a game is annoying.  I keep pausing the game while playing Resident Evil 2, so I'm forced to hold my Vita without touching the rear touchpad.  It's not great at all.  Why is the start button in the middle of the rear touchpad when I have a start button at the bottom right of my Vita?  Why can't I assign L2 & R2 buttons to the right analogue stick (or map the L2 & R2 buttons to anything else for that matter?)

IMHO the whole mandatory use of the touchpad in PSOne games without giving the option to disable the touchpad or customise buttons is bad.  I hope they fix it, because it's spoiling my experience.

However, thanks again for the thread, and thanks to Sony for finally bringing this feature to the Vita.

Message 58 of 88 (273 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Aug 31, 2012

I'd like to mention that there really should be an announcement that these 26 PS1 games that were added... do NOT work via the transfer method.  The new compatible games have to be downloaded directly, as the transfer method still doesn't see them as valid games yet.  The information should be a separate thread and stickied to prevent confusion.  I'm seeing a lot of people on forums wondering why they still can't transfer Grandia or others on the list.

Message 59 of 88 (265 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11161 posts

Aug 31, 2012

Quiotu wrote:

I'd like to mention that there really should be an announcement that these 26 PS1 games that were added... do NOT work via the transfer method.  The new compatible games have to be downloaded directly, as the transfer method still doesn't see them as valid games yet.  The information should be a separate thread and stickied to prevent confusion.  I'm seeing a lot of people on forums wondering why they still can't transfer Grandia or others on the list.

Hmmm. I haven't tried any games yet. Are you talking about the uninstalled transfer method or installed transfer method?

Message 60 of 88 (255 Views)
0 Likes