05-05-2012 12:34 PM
So, after playing the show since it came out in march... I am done with it. I've been playing the show since 2009 and I have never experience gameplay such as this. I started out playing the allstar level. It's was impossible. According to the settings, allstar is "normal". After reading a lot of discussions and complaints I decided to move down to veteran, which is suppose to be the "easy" level. Still having issues playing the game to the point were I struggle at batting without adjusting my sliders. After playing for a while like this and getting frustrated I decided to adjust my sliders for batting. Still, gameplay is horrible. My pitching is reasonable without adjusting my sliders on the veteran "easy" level. Really, should I have to adjust my slider on the "EASY" level. I could see adjusting sliders on any level above allstar. My main complaints are batting and the AI. Here is typical game during my season with the Rays.
- Carlos Pena leads the Rays in batting average and is fourth in the American League. Hello, really!!!! The rest of the line up is baiting 250 or below. I have five players batting below 200. Team batting average is low 200's, last in the major league.
- The opposing pitcher throws way to many strikes, but it doesn't matter. Even if he does I can't hit him. On a rare occasion I will have a 3 and 2 count and I will guess fast ball right. Even with Evan, I can get a fastball right down the middle and he will hit a weak dribbler or right to some one. Happens way too often.
- When batting, I hit the pitcher way too many times and he always seems to get me out afterwards. If they hit my pitcher it always seems to bounce to a place where I can't get to it in time to throw them out. Ridiculous!!!! In one game I hit the pitcher five times.
- I hit into double plays all the time. One game I hit into seven double plays. Ridiculous!!!! The opposing team finds the holes more times than not. They hit to the gap way to often. If I hit to the gap they get to it or they make an amazing diving catch. These amazing stops are included in the infield. One game they made six, yes I said six diving stops.
- When the AI wants the opposing team to hit the ball, they hit the ball. It doesn't matter if it's a ball. It can be a ball, high and inside and they will hit it right to an open spot. Base hit. Happens way to often.
- I can be winning the game in the ninth inning and the opposing team comes back to win. Happens way to often. I've had one walk off out of a ton of game. Can you guess the score. That game I won 2 to 1. Most games I play, I score 3 or less runs. I've been shout out way to many times. I've had ridiculous extra inning games. I've broken the extra inning record twice. 27 innings both games. I've also have had 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, extra inning games. Guess what, I didn't win one of those games. ridiculous!!!!!
I could go on and on... I have read many posts on this site and others. The majority rules when they say the show has horrible gameplay. For the people that say " quit complaining, I don't have any problems and I play on legends and have no problem". I would say to you, that is a BS statement or you are one out of a million that has not experience this type of gameplay. And if so, good for you. I understand in baseball you are not suppose to win every game, hit the ball every time up and make amazing plays, but this game is not realistic at all. It needs a lot of work and until it gets back on track like the show 2010, I will not buy another. I am picking up MLB 2k this after noon and trashing the show. I'm not even going to trade it in. I don't think this game should have ever been released.