Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/10/2005
Offline
121 posts
 

Re: The Ps3 controllers

Jul 15, 2005
The looks of the controllers are just a minor issue to me as it should also be a small issue to everyone else to.Think about it,when you are playing a game,how often to you look down and notice what the controllers look like?Not very often,in fact,most of the times,if you take your eyes off the TV,you will get shot,eaten by a zombie,or fall off a cliff in the game,so as far as the looks,who cares,you won't be looking at them that much at all when you start playing.And as far as comfort,that is also something we will all get used to just like anything else.So relax and enjoy the fact that the best gaming system is on the way..,
Message 21 of 59 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 02/14/2004
Offline
32681 posts
 

Re: The Ps3 controllers

Jul 15, 2005


johnnytruby452 wrote:
The looks of the,controllers are just a minor issue to me as it should also be a small,issue to everyone else to.Think about it,when you are playing a,game,how often to you look down and notice what the controllers look,like?Not very often,in fact,most of the times,if you take your eyes off,the TV,you will get shot,eaten by a zombie,or fall off a cliff in the,game,so as far as the looks,who cares,you won't be looking at them that,much at all when you start playing.And as far as comfort,that is also,something we will all get used to just like anything else.So relax and,enjoy the fact that the best gaming system is on the way..


You,know, I completely agree.  As long as the controller is,comfortable (like the way this one looks), who the hell cares what it,looks like?

Message 22 of 59 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 10/28/2004
Offline
2916 posts
 

Re: The Ps3 controllers

Jul 15, 2005
i reaaly don't care how it looks  as long as i works,
Message 23 of 59 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 02/01/2005
Offline
64 posts
 

Re: The Ps3 controllers

Jul 15, 2005
No they won't. Instead of actually trying to make them (as well as other types of games) play better on the PS3, Sony decided to create that horrible, disgustion abomination of a controller, which has no real advantages over the DS2. The Analog Sticks are the same, which are very poor compared to those of the Xbox 360 Controller/Controller S/Duke/GameCube Controller, especially for FPS'. (It's harder to aim because they are more sensitive than the other controllers.) They didn't add triggers, which is a smaller issue, but would sitll help for FPS' and Racers. I'm sorry, but I hate the fact that these are the controllers Sony chose to make for the PS3. I mean, I agree that they should have changed the controller, but at least to something that doesn't look like a boomerang or a banana. There are so many ways they could have improved them, but they didn't, just made it a whole lot uglier. I really hope the controllers change, because if not, I won't be getting a PS3 until a 3rd party releases another option, Logitech makes great controllers, hopefully they'll have one out for launch.
Message 24 of 59 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/14/2005
Offline
2415 posts
 

Re: The Ps3 controllers

Jul 15, 2005


Eternal_Chaos wrote:
No they,won't. Instead of actually trying to make them (as well as other types,of games) play better on the PS3, Sony decided to create that horrible,,disgustion abomination of a controller, which has no real advantages,over the DS2. The Analog Sticks are the same, which are very poor,compared to those of the Xbox 360 Controller/Controller S/Duke/GameCube,Controller, especially for FPS'. (It's harder to aim because they are,more sensitive than the other controllers.) They didn't add triggers,,which is a smaller issue, but would sitll help for FPS' and Racers. I'm,sorry, but I hate the fact that these are the controllers Sony chose to,make for the PS3. I mean, I agree that they should have changed the,controller, but at least to something that doesn't look like a,boomerang or a banana. There are so many ways they could have improved,them, but they didn't, just made it a whole lot uglier. I really hope,the controllers change, because if not, I won't be getting a PS3 until,a 3rd party releases another option, Logitech makes great controllers,,hopefully they'll have one out for launch.

They HAD to change it.
,http://immr.client.shareholder.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=158652

straight outta compton what
Message 25 of 59 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 08/30/2002
Offline
37 posts
 

Re: The Ps3 controllers

Jul 15, 2005
,
,
,
I like it!! it is alittle different but it will take some time to get use to
,
,
Cxxxxx[¤ß@ÐtZm@®Ú¤>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 26 of 59 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 02/01/2005
Offline
64 posts
 

Re: The Ps3 controllers

Jul 15, 2005
,

1) Immersion is not suing over the look of the controllers, only the rumble technology. It wouldn't mean Sony would have to change the entire shape, look, of the controller.

,

2) Even if they had to change it, they could have made it a lot better from an aesthetic standpoint. Look at the Xbox 360 controller, there are a few things Sony could have taken from it, as Microsoft took from the DS2. Or the Logitech controller(s), there are a few things Sony could have taken as well. But they chose to make the boomerang.

Message 27 of 59 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/27/2004
Offline
18 posts
 

Re: The Ps3 controllers

Jul 15, 2005
Can't wait.....
,
Photobucket
Message 28 of 59 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 02/14/2004
Offline
32681 posts
 

Re: The Ps3 controllers

Jul 15, 2005


Eternal_Chaos wrote:
No they,won't. Instead of actually trying to make them (as well as other types,of games) play better on the PS3, Sony decided to create that horrible,,disgustion abomination of a controller, which has no real advantages,over the DS2.
,
,And you would know this how?  It might,look ugly, but until you actually try it out, you cannot automatically,judge something.  The thing could be very comfortable.
,
, The Analog Sticks are the same, which are very poor compared to,those of the Xbox 360 Controller/Controller S/Duke/GameCube Controller,,especially for FPS'. (It's harder to aim because they are more,sensitive than the other controllers.)
,
,Refer to me previous "And you know this how?" comment.
,
, They didn't add triggers, which is a smaller issue, but would sitll help for FPS' and Racers.
,
,Reports say that they have added a trigger button.
,
,I mean, I agree that they should have changed the controller, but at,least to something that doesn't look like a boomerang or a banana.
,
,I'm sure that someone, somewhere, would hate your controller design as much as you hate this one.
,
, There are so many ways they could have improved them, but they didn't, just made it a whole lot uglier.
,
,How do you know they didn't improve the,controller at all?  The thing could be much more comfortable than,the previous DualShocks.  Looks can be deceiving.
,
, I really hope the controllers change, because if not, I won't be,getting a PS3 until a 3rd party releases another option, Logitech makes,great controllers, hopefully they'll have one out for launch.
,
,'Tis a sad day when someone decides to not buy a console because of a controller they haven't tried.



Message 29 of 59 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/14/2005
Offline
2415 posts
 

Re: The Ps3 controllers

Jul 15, 2005


Eternal_Chaos wrote:

1),Immersion is not suing over the look of the controllers, only the,rumble technology. It wouldn't mean Sony would have to change the,entire shape, look, of the controller.

2) Even if they had to,change it, they could have made it a lot better from an aesthetic,standpoint. Look at the Xbox 360 controller, there are a few things,Sony could have taken from it, as Microsoft took from the DS2. Or the,Logitech controller(s), there are a few things Sony could have taken as,well. But they chose to make the boomerang.



Meh. I didn't really read your earlier post.
,
,I don't care what the contoller looks like. I won't be looking at it.

straight outta compton what
Message 30 of 59 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes