Ghost of Sparta
13508 posts

Re: The Problem With Free Games

Feb 27, 2013

I like the free games they offer on Plus. I remember when I first decided to get Plus. I had my first $20 in my PS3 and I was scrolling through the games section. There were so many choices and I didn't know what to get. Then I found out about Plus. The games they had there when I joined were games that I haven't known about, like Just Cause 2 or Space Marines. But when I tried the games Plus offered, I was amazed by how fun this was. And when Plus offered more games that I've never tried, I tried them.

So, what I'm trying to say is, it doesn't matter if a game is free or not. As long as it fits how you are and what you like to play, that's what matters. What if fun for you may be different to others. Plus, with Plus, you may discover games that you may have never known.  Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 17 (172 Views)
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Feb 27, 2013

ossiecastro5 wrote:

So, what I'm trying to say is, it doesn't matter if a game is free or not. As long as it fits how you are and what you like to play, that's what matters. What if fun for you may be different to others. Plus, with Plus, you may discover games that you may have never known.  Smiley Happy

^This x10

I don't feel like I enjoy games any more or less based on how much I've spent on them. For example, I paid for PSASBR and got Uncharted:GA for free and I've enjoyed them both. I don't feel like I've necessarily enjoyed one more than the other though, they're just different experiences.

To those that have mentioned that they rarely even get to play their IGC games, I definitely hear you there. I only own a Vita and am already acquiring quite the backlog. From the IGC games, I've completed Mutant Blobs, I'm close to the end in U:GA, and I basically just took a look (less than an hour each) at NGSP, Retro City, Foosball (ugh, awful), and MMX. Though I installed Gravity Rush, I haven't touched it. Then there are the games I actually "own", where all I've played is PSASBR...I haven't touched AC3L, FF7 (bought during the FF sale), Sly Cooper (unopened physical copy), and plan on buying Super Stardust Delta in the Vita Anniversary sale.

Though my Vita collection doesn't come anywhere near my Steam library in terms of sheer numbers, it's certainly similar in "percentage of games not played" (according to Steam analysis, I haven't played 70% of the 400+ games I own). I think I have a problem.

Message 12 of 17 (166 Views)
First Son
16 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

I'm a busy guy with not so much time to play, so PS+ is perfect for me, the free games are more than enough to keep me playing on my free time, in fact there's so much games to play that I can't keep up, I'm currently playing Mega Man 10 and Plants Vs Zombies and I have a list of games still waiting to be played, like Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Vanquish, Infamous 2 and Little Big Planet 2, that's a lot, when I get to play them there will be still a huge queue of free games adding up every week LOL.

PS+ is the best thing for me, for just 50$ a year I get to play a bunch of games the whole year, that's the price of just one game! There's so much to play that (for me) there´s no need to buy more games, and the games offered by PS+ are really good and fun and you get to try a varierty of genres like fighting, platforms, puzzles and even indie games that I've never heard off (e.g. Closure).

I have no complaints!

Message 13 of 17 (143 Views)
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

I think the only PS Plus game I've beaten was InFamous 2. A quality title and PS3 exclusive.

Others were games you can't "beat" like SF4 or VF5. Others were PC games I already owned like Space Marine, Just Cause 2, etc

Message 14 of 17 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Feb 27, 2013

last time i checked none of the games on plus were actually ''free''....i pay for a subscription, therefore i pay for the games that come with.

i get paid to play drums
Message 15 of 17 (135 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

Feb 27, 2013
Interesting points, I decided to continue plus, the 15 months for $40 seemed to good to pass up.
Message 16 of 17 (105 Views)
Platinum
54509 posts

Feb 28, 2013

CRO_NOSM1-BUBA wrote:
Interesting points, I decided to continue plus, the 15 months for $40 seemed to good to pass up.

for me its worth it just for the fact that I never have to sync my trophy or wait for my games to update...with my limited gaming time this is huge. 

Message 17 of 17 (71 Views)
0 Likes