Apr 26 2013
By: Jakeflythehi First Son 1 posts

The PlayStation 3 should be able to remember networks it has been hooked up too!

9 replies 144 views Edited Apr 26, 2013

I travil with my playstation often, and i most always use a wireless conection, But everytime you move your playstation you have to reconfigure the networkwork settings. It would be so much easier if the playstation could remember network settings and auto conect. it wouldn't be that difficult to do ether!

Message 1 of 10 (144 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28988 posts

Re: The PlayStation 3 should be able to remember networks it has been hooked up too!

Apr 26, 2013

Why on earth would you move your Playstation? Unless you're being evicted on a monthly basis, there's no need for this.

Message 2 of 10 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: The PlayStation 3 should be able to remember networks it has been hooked up too!

Apr 26, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Why on earth would you move your Playstation? Unless you're being evicted on a monthly basis, there's no need for this.

Well, if you are the type to take alot of trips, or take it to a friends house...dont ALWAYS jump to the negative captain, although you are right a lot of the time.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 3 of 10 (136 Views)
VP of Gaming
28988 posts

Apr 26, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Well, if you are the type to take alot of trips, or take it to a friends house...dont ALWAYS jump to the negative captain, although you are right a lot of the time.

See the negative? Or think like a normal human being? "Take a lot of trips". You know, when I go away the last thing I want to bring is my Playstation. Really, I don't see the need.

Message 4 of 10 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Apr 26, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

See the negative? Or think like a normal human being? "Take a lot of trips". You know, when I go away the last thing I want to bring is my Playstation. Really, I don't see the need.

Well, you may not...and personally I dont bother with taking my system on my roadtrips either, but, just thinking outside the box, its a reasonable request...especially the taking it to a friends house, thats alot more common, and would have been a "normal human beings" thought before monthly eviction, I would think.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 5 of 10 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Apr 26, 2013

if you stick to automatic settings or simply use wired, you don't have to worry about this....

if you travel a lot for work, most hotel rooms have an ethernet port

Furiously Chaosing
Message 6 of 10 (117 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11009 posts

Apr 26, 2013

The PS3 was intended to be a HOME console.

That being said, it takes what?  5 minutes to set up the network?

At home, my PS3 is hooked up to my home network via Ethernet.

The few times I have taken it anywhere (parties and such for my daughter's youth group), the PS3 automatically connects to the wifi network at the church, because it is the only other network it connects to.

Message 7 of 10 (114 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Apr 26, 2013
i often take my ps3 to my moms or other family ... just do it doesn't take long its not killing you man ... or don't connect at all
Message 8 of 10 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
400 posts

Apr 26, 2013

There are many reasons to transport a PS3.  In my case I work 3rd shift and can game when my paperwork is done.  With the help of this, my shift is over in a flash:

G155

As for having to log into Wifi all the time, it's the same for every system I own.  The only things I have that remember and log me in is my smartphone and laptop.  

Message 9 of 10 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Apr 26, 2013

ch2423 wrote:

There are many reasons to transport a PS3.  In my case I work 3rd shift and can game when my paperwork is done.  With the help of this, my shift is over in a flash:

G155

As for having to log into Wifi all the time, it's the same for every system I own.  The only things I have that remember and log me in is my smartphone and laptop.  

That is pretty cool! Smiley Surprised

Message 10 of 10 (51 Views)
0 Likes