Aug 04 2011
By: TIDUSFOREVERX2 First Son 5 posts

The PSVITA, its western delay, and features for the future...

12 replies 31 views Edited Aug 4, 2011

Many of us have heard that the release for the Playstation Vita has been delayed into early 2012. And I realize that this may be discouraging to many gamers, however I trust that there is a reason. Weather it is to work out technical issues or just for production based on preorders and user demand, this delay allows those whom are aware of its existance to prepare. Those of us who are already locked in may not have the money at any given time to make the grand purchase. Being that gamestop allows one to set it up like a layaway it is giving me more time to pay it off little by little without killing my bank account, along with getting my first game payed off. Honestly I think the delay has convinced me to pre-order the Sony monitor. It may also be in preperations to lock in differant data rates or plans with AT&T in the U.S. considering that nothing has been announced iIwould guess that is part of the reason for the delay. Another thought that comes to mind is the programming that they could potentially develope within the PSN allowing the users to pay for their 3G directly using psn network cards. Considering that all thats really going on is allowing access to AT&T's network. (In my opinion this would be a best scenario, win-win.)

I also feel that with the PSVITA there will be an enormous PS3 update. With a PSVITA cross installer. This would allow the PS3 games that allowed cross compatibility to install onto the vita, this will eliminate much spending on extra materials. I would personally like to get more info on android support, since there are from what i can tell just rumors stating that they will support android. I wouldnt be suprised if this were true but at the same time I feel like this would make the PSVITA all the more hackable and therefor unlikely. Don't get me wrong i would love to be able to get certain android games on there but i feel like they would logically like to keep it as proprietary as possible on something this big, unlike the Xperia which while exciting is not the big scale goal of sony right now if I know them like I hope I do.

I am beginning to feel like this is the big step that Sony Has been waiting for to re-introduce the PS2 Library. Of coarse they want the developers to create collections where phesable, but considering the disireability and ability of the PSVITA to play them i think all future collections should be cross compatible with the PSVITA. Can you imagine playing Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2 on the handheld? It would be amazing and completly possible with this advancment in technology.

So I ask you all this, what do you want the PSVITA to do, and what remakes would make the system an instant success? As I know it will be.

Message 1 of 13 (31 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13562 posts

Re: The PSVITA, its western delay, and features for the future...

Aug 5, 2011

Well, seeing as the Vita is still coming out in 2011 for Japan, I doubt they're tweaking the system itself. It'd be weird to change the model in one region and not the other.

As for PS2 library....I will be actually quite mad if the Vita will be able to play PS2 games since the PS3 CAN'T. Now, if they re-mastered them for the PS3 at the same time, great. I'd rather NOT play KH1+2 on a 5 inch screen. with a lack of L2/R2 and having to use the rear touch pad instead.

Console games should stay on CONSOLES. If they make a KH for Vita (which will inevitably happen), then make it SPECIFICALLY for the Vita, don't just port stuff over.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 13 (31 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6838 posts

Aug 5, 2011

I agree, I don't want to see ports to the Vita, but I would like PS2 games (or HD remakes) as long as they are like PS1 classics and also work on PS3.

Message 3 of 13 (31 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
28159 posts

Aug 5, 2011

The Vita has not been delayed in the west.  When the product was announced, Sony said that the Vita would ship to at least one territory in 2011.  It is shipping to one territory, Japan, in 2011.  Everyone expected that it would ship to Japan first, and as "one" qualifies as "at least one", it was always possible that the Vita would not be available outside of Japan until 2012. Sony never said that the Vita was shipping in North America or Europe before year end 2011.

GKP
Message 4 of 13 (31 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Aug 5, 2011

I don't know, dramatic games like KH should stay on the console; reason being that I played KH Birth by sleep on my psp and it was not the same as hooking my psp to my tv and playing it that way. I felt that some of the momentum of the game was lost on the psp screen, but I also get that with other psp games that were suppose to be on the ps3 since there's a lack of L2 and R2 button. Basically saying porting stuff ruins great games.

I know for one thing that the psp vita better have a cable to attach to your tv when it comes out. I love the option of playing on the TV screen or the psp screen.  Constantly switching over the two depending on what game Im playing. Also it would be great if sony actually kept the Internet free for the vita instead using at&t which is more than likely is going to charge you monthly for the service. Oh one more thing I would LOVE it if the gps was voice activated and had real time traffic and updates!

Message 5 of 13 (31 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13562 posts

Aug 5, 2011

Well it says in the FAQ There is no video out feature on the Vita...

Message 6 of 13 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Aug 5, 2011

glaciusx25 wrote:

Well it says in the FAQ There is no video out feature on the Vita...

If you mean to allow for remote play etc... then there is another thread on here talking about that (how remote play will be there), here is a link to a site they mention

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-02-sony-use-vita-as-a-ps3-controller

Message 7 of 13 (31 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13562 posts

Aug 5, 2011

No, Video out as in, Play your PS Vita games on a TV screen.

Message 8 of 13 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Aug 5, 2011

oh ok.

Message 9 of 13 (31 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Aug 5, 2011

gkpama00 wrote:

The Vita has not been delayed in the west.  When the product was announced, Sony said that the Vita would ship to at least one territory in 2011.  It is shipping to one territory, Japan, in 2011.  Everyone expected that it would ship to Japan first, and as "one" qualifies as "at least one", it was always possible that the Vita would not be available outside of Japan until 2012. Sony never said that the Vita was shipping in North America or Europe before year end 2011.

Sony where ambiguous by standing by their statements that they where launching in at least one territory (emphasis on at least) however, SCEA CEO Jack Tretton was correct in stating that PS Vita would be affected by the Japanese natural disasters. Sony has not officially announced where mass production of the PS Vita has been taken place however, much of the compenents which make the Ps Vita are created in Japan.

Any one who was following the PS Vita would have known that the device was still in the middle of building up to mass earlier this year and this would have gave people some inkling into why the device would be delayed beyond a single territory launch this year. It is as simple as piecing together news bits although, atmitetly there was a lot of blind hope from consumers (myself probably included).

I am willing to import and hopefully the 3G version would work. Also, I will check out for that X/O thing.

Message 10 of 13 (31 Views)
0 Likes