Nov 13 2013
By: fede01_8 Sackboy 514 posts

The PS4 itself is getting mixed reviews

53 replies 842 views Edited Nov 13, 2013

The majority of the complains seems to be lack of  must-play games ("a device with great potential, just one that developers haven't tapped into much yet.", "this is a game console without a game to recommend it.")  "it doesn't take any risks", "its new functionality comes off as a little half-baked","doesn't feel like a step forward; it feels like a step sideways", etc

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/ps4-console-hardware-reviews

Message 1 of 54 (842 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Re: The PS4 itself is getting mixed reviews

Nov 13, 2013

You can't judge a console on launch games. This whole thing is pretty silly. All I want is more power for games and basic media functions like Netflix so I'm fine. Also the PS4 camera is very good with voice commands, facial recognition etc for people that want one.

Message 2 of 54 (831 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1646 posts

Nov 13, 2013

I will to this day never understand why people listen to critic scores... i dont even bother. They just pull a bunch of **bleep** from the **bleep** and sell it like its the truth

I will enjoy my ps4 just as i enjoyed my ps3, ps2 and ps1. Nuff said

Message 3 of 54 (825 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Nov 13, 2013

I agree, the console itself is very good. HOWEVER, we have to face the truth.  There is almost no games out for it right now. Although, I know this will take time because sony always delievers on the exclusives. I'm waiting until infamous second son on the ps4

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 4 of 54 (798 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7155 posts

Nov 13, 2013

Nightwish_1990 wrote:

I will to this day never understand why people listen to critic scores... i dont even bother. They just pull a bunch of **bleep** from the **bleep** and sell it like its the truth

Not only that but think about how many "reviewers" had their but hurt because they didn't get a console way ahead of time to review.

Troll, flame or be offensive:Trolling and flaming is when you deliberately make offensive or provocative comments with the aim of upsetting another user or prompting an angry response from them.We will remove posts or threads which are found to be insulting, harassing, threatening or non-constructive and overly negative. We reserve the right to immediately delete any posting or suspend any user at our sole discretion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 5 of 54 (796 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1646 posts

Nov 13, 2013

SHANE523 wrote:

Nightwish_1990 wrote:

Not only that but think about how many "reviewers" had their but hurt because they didn't get a console way ahead of time to review.

Do gaming critics take stuff that serious?

Message 6 of 54 (776 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7155 posts

Nov 13, 2013

Deadly_Rabbit123 wrote:

I agree, the console itself is very good. HOWEVER, we have to face the truth.  There is almost no games out for it right now. Although, I know this will take time because sony always delievers on the exclusives. I'm waiting until infamous second son on the ps4

Do you remember the PS3 launch titles? COD3 had NO mic support, no party support or any useful online features. You went online and just played with no communication through the game.

Troll, flame or be offensive:Trolling and flaming is when you deliberately make offensive or provocative comments with the aim of upsetting another user or prompting an angry response from them.We will remove posts or threads which are found to be insulting, harassing, threatening or non-constructive and overly negative. We reserve the right to immediately delete any posting or suspend any user at our sole discretion.

Message 7 of 54 (775 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7155 posts

Nov 13, 2013

Nightwish_1990 wrote:

SHANE523 wrote:

Nightwish_1990 wrote:

Do gaming critics take stuff that serious?

Didn't you see Sessler about to have a complete break down? LOL

Message 8 of 54 (767 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Nov 13, 2013

Considering the OP has done nothing today but post every negative thing he can find about the launch, I'll skip the BS.  If you dont like the PS4, go with the XBOX One next Friday. Nothing is stopping you. 

Message 9 of 54 (752 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5704 posts

Nov 13, 2013

Who cares what "big companies" have to say on reviews.. It is us the public payees that have the final say.. We paid our PS4's we give the reviews not journalists..

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 10 of 54 (747 Views)
0 Likes