Reply
Jul 23 2013
By: glasscut Uncharted Territory 1573 posts
Offline

The PS4 and Your Internet Speed..

[ Edited ]
7 replies 1506 views Edited Jul 23, 2013

I've been searching online to get more information about what the speed requirements will be for GAIKAI streaming on the PS4..  i know read somewhere that the most latency you might experience in GAIKAI is about 5 ms.. Which is rather amazing.. 

 

Here is my internet speed - 30 Mbps 

 

 Screen Shot 2013-07-23 at 12.26.34 PM.png

 

I am using Wifi on my Mac 2.4 Ghz with a transmit rate of 128.. My PS3 is on ethernet though using a Cat6 cable. 

 

On my iMac connected via ethernet my ping is 7 ms with the same speed more or a bit less.. 

 

So post your internet speed and  what do you guy's think the GAIKAI requirements will be ??? 

Message 1 of 8 (1,506 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/12/2013
Offline
5477 posts
 

Re: The PS4 and Your Internet Speed..

Jul 23, 2013

glasscut wrote:

I've been searching online to get more information about what the speed requirements will be for GAIKAI streaming on the PS4..  i know read somewhere that the most latency you might experience in GAIKAI is about 5 ms.. Which is rather amazing.. 

 

Here is my internet speed - 30 Mbps 

 

 Screen Shot 2013-07-23 at 12.26.34 PM.png

 

I am using Wifi on my Mac 2.4 Ghz with a transmit rate of 128.. My PS3 is on ethernet though using a Cat6 cable. 

 

On my iMac connected via ethernet my ping is 7 ms with the same speed more or a bit less.. 

 

So post your internet speed and  what do you guy's think the GAIKAI requirements will be ??? 


With those speeds, I think you're going to be fine, and, until we have more information on Gaikai, I'm not sure that speculation on required speeds beyond "broadband" will be all that much fun.

 

I have a 10mbps UL speed, with a 105mbps DL speed that hovers closer to 85mbps, with a png consistently under 10ms.  I can tell you that I noticed no change whatsoever when I went from a 5/50 to the 10/105.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 2 of 8 (1,482 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/24/2006
Offline
1124 posts
 

Re: The PS4 and Your Internet Speed..

Jul 23, 2013

Speed 

 

On a wireless connection. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8 (1,475 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/12/2013
Offline
5477 posts
 

Re: The PS4 and Your Internet Speed..

Jul 23, 2013

LIQUID_PANDA wrote:

Speed 

 

On a wireless connection. Smiley Happy


Nice. Fiber, I'm guessing?

Grindhead_Jim

Message 4 of 8 (1,468 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/24/2006
Offline
1124 posts
 

Re: The PS4 and Your Internet Speed..

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

LIQUID_PANDA wrote:

Speed

 

On a wireless connection. Smiley Happy


Nice. Fiber, I'm guessing?


I would think so. 

Message 5 of 8 (1,465 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/10/2005
Offline
1573 posts
 

Re: The PS4 and Your Internet Speed..

Jul 23, 2013

LIQUID_PANDA wrote:

Speed 

 

On a wireless connection. Smiley Happy


**bleep** !! I am definitely going to try and move to an area with Verizon Fios Sheesh.. That is insane.. But also i noticed the date is incorrect ?? 

Message 6 of 8 (1,440 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/24/2006
Offline
1124 posts
 

Re: The PS4 and Your Internet Speed..

Jul 23, 2013

glasscut wrote:

LIQUID_PANDA wrote:

Speed 

 

On a wireless connection. Smiley Happy


**bleep** !! I am definitely going to try and move to an area with Verizon Fios Sheesh.. That is insane.. But also i noticed the date is incorrect ?? 


That was the date i last tested it. I'm sitting at work right now. 

Message 7 of 8 (1,436 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/12/2013
Offline
5477 posts
 

Re: The PS4 and Your Internet Speed..

Jul 23, 2013

glasscut wrote:

LIQUID_PANDA wrote:

Speed 

 

On a wireless connection. Smiley Happy


**bleep** !! I am definitely going to try and move to an area with Verizon Fios Sheesh.. That is insane.. But also i noticed the date is incorrect ?? 


Grindhead_Jim

Message 8 of 8 (1,434 Views)
Reply
0 Likes